1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB breakfast casserole?

1. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

Anyone know of a good recipe for a breakfast casserole in the DCB? I have a work function next week and would like to show off my DCB. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jun 9, 2009
  2. taterbug

taterbug Member

I don't know how this would work in the DCB as I always bake it in the 9x13 stone, but it is very easy....

Unroll 1 package of cresent rolls and flatten in bottom of dish, making sure all seams are pressed together. Layer sausage or bacon on top of crescent rolls (fry bacon and crumble or brown/crumble sausage and drain before layering). Spread 2 cups shredded cheese over meat layer. Beat six eggs in a bowl and add 2 1/2 - 3 cups half and half; mix well (I also add salt, pepper, and Southwestern Seasoning Mix). Pour egg mixture over cheese layer.
    Bake at 350 for approximately 50 - 55 minutes or until top is brown.

This recipe may come out too thick in the DCB - I'm not sure. It does give you the opportunity to use several products though; the cookware, the mixing bowls, the measuring cups, the mix and chop for sausage, the whisk, and the stoneware.

Jun 9, 2009
  3. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

I haven't tried it in the DCB but I imagine that one of the fabulous Jimmy Dean Breakfast casseroles could work in it easily. Check them out here - Jimmy Dean Breakfast Recipes
    Just bake uncovered and when it's done pop the lid on and head for your office. Even easier, assemble the night before and refrigerate until morning. Here's our favorite one.

Jimmy Dean Spicy Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
    1 pkg. Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
    10 eggs, lightly beaten
    3 cups milk
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 cups cubed bread
    8 oz. (2 cups) shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
    1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
    1/2 cup thin-sliced green onions (optional)
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well. Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 55 to 60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

Note: may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.​

Jun 9, 2009
Have something to add?