• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious DCB Breakfast Casserole Recipe | Perfect for Work Functions

In summary, this recipe is easy to follow and comes out very tasty. You can use a variety of cooking equipment, ingredients, and flavors.
shelly.nurse
Anyone know of a good recipe for a breakfast casserole in the DCB? I have a work function next week and would like to show off my DCB. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't know how this would work in the DCB as I always bake it in the 9x13 stone, but it is very easy....

Unroll 1 package of cresent rolls and flatten in bottom of dish, making sure all seams are pressed together. Layer sausage or bacon on top of crescent rolls (fry bacon and crumble or brown/crumble sausage and drain before layering). Spread 2 cups shredded cheese over meat layer. Beat six eggs in a bowl and add 2 1/2 - 3 cups half and half; mix well (I also add salt, pepper, and Southwestern Seasoning Mix). Pour egg mixture over cheese layer.
Bake at 350 for approximately 50 - 55 minutes or until top is brown.

This recipe may come out too thick in the DCB - I'm not sure. It does give you the opportunity to use several products though; the cookware, the mixing bowls, the measuring cups, the mix and chop for sausage, the whisk, and the stoneware.

I haven't tried it in the DCB but I imagine that one of the fabulous Jimmy Dean Breakfast casseroles could work in it easily. Check them out here - http://www.jimmydean.com/sitecontent/breakfast/
Just bake uncovered and when it's done pop the lid on and head for your office. Even easier, assemble the night before and refrigerate until morning. Here's our favorite one.

Jimmy Dean Spicy Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
10 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups cubed bread
8 oz. (2 cups) shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup thin-sliced green onions (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well. Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 55 to 60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

Note: may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.​

1. What is a "Dcb Breakfast Casserole?"

A Dcb Breakfast Casserole is a delicious breakfast dish made with eggs, cheese, and various ingredients such as vegetables, meat, and bread, all baked together in a deep covered baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef.

2. How do I make a Dcb Breakfast Casserole?

To make a Dcb Breakfast Casserole, start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Then, prepare your ingredients and layer them in the DCB, starting with bread, then adding any vegetables, meat, and cheese. Beat eggs with milk and pour over the ingredients. Cover the DCB with its lid and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

3. Can I use any type of bread for this casserole?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for a Dcb Breakfast Casserole. However, we recommend using bread that is slightly stale or toasted, as it will hold up better when mixed with the other ingredients and won't become too soggy.

4. What are some popular variations of the Dcb Breakfast Casserole?

Some popular variations of the Dcb Breakfast Casserole include adding cooked bacon, ham, or sausage for a meatier option. You can also add spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, or other vegetables for a vegetarian version. Another popular variation is using different types of cheese, such as cheddar, feta, or pepper jack.

5. Is the Dcb Breakfast Casserole easy to clean?

Yes, the Dcb Breakfast Casserole is very easy to clean. The deep covered baker is made of stoneware, which is naturally non-stick and easy to clean. Simply wash it with warm soapy water and let it air dry. It is also safe to put in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nep2nfly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Nep2nfly
  • pcchefmichelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • erinyourpclady