• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in a 12x12x8 Microwave?

In summary, the invitation flyers for a Mexican Fiesta promises "budget-friendly" recipes. However, some of the dishes - like the microwave-sized Chicken Chilaquiles - may not be feasible to bring to a show. The recipes for the Beef Enchilada Casserole and Cheese Enchiladas use a deep dish baker which would be difficult to fit in a micro. Good luck with your choice!
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
The menu is set--Mexican Chicken Lasagna. The invitation flyers are out for a Mexican Fiesta. Guests are promised "a budget-friendly recipe for a quick dinner".

So I went to my friend's new house yesterday and while I was there checked out the gorgeous kitchen. Then I noticed the microwave. I measured it--12x12x8! Oh no! The DCB is 12 inches! Any thoughts? (Using the regular oven is OUT, since it's July and she doesn't have air conditioning)

bring yours!

Ugh! I thought of that. Mine is really big (1300 watts). It may come down to that! At least I would know how it cooks. I hate surprises when I go to a host's house, and their microwave is different than mine.

It's surprising that a brand new kitchen would have a tiny microwave! That's too bad. Hopefully you can manage bringing your own. Best of luck! Another food option could be to make the layered Southwestern salad in the Trifle bowl.

How about the beef enchilada casserole, 29 min. to dinner cookbook. I've made it at shows several times & always goes over well. Pg. 81

PM me if you don't have the recipe and I'll post it. Uses the deep dish baker and would fit in the micro.

Haven't made it, but Mexcian Sausage Skillet would also work 29 min. vol. 2 pg 97

Chicken Chilaquiles with Manchego Cheese pg 13, stovetop cheese enchiladas pg. 19, Latin Flavor cookbook

flemings99 said:
How about the beef enchilada casserole, 29 min. to dinner cookbook. I've made it at shows several times & always goes over well. Pg. 81

PM me if you don't have the recipe and I'll post it. Uses the deep dish baker and would fit in the micro.

Yes, many of my hosts have microwaves that would not fit the DCB (I don't even offer it to avoid the hassle)...

I agree, the Beef Enchilada Casserole is really good and everyone always loves it. And it uses the Deep Dish Baker.

Another suggestion - the Skillet Lasagna cooks on the stove (no oven) and is also in 29 Min to Dinner V1.

Good Luck!

What if you just made it and brought it and then demoed something else (quick and easy to go with it, or a dessert)?

So far the only time I have actually sold the DCB is the show that I made it ahead of time and took it with me! LOL (it was held at a place with no kitchen) Otherwise everyone wants it but hasn't purchased it. Of course I've only done 4 cooking shows so far, so it's probably just coincidence, but hey, you never know!

These are great ideas! Thank you so much. I lifted my microwave about 1" inch this morning, and really wasn't looking forward to lugging it to my friend's house. I take enough luggage as it is!

I can't wait to try these recipes and see which one I like the best.

1. What is a DCB and how is it used?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware baking dish designed for use in the microwave. It can also be used in a conventional oven. It is perfect for cooking a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, and desserts.

2. Is the DCB safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is completely safe to use in the microwave. It is made from high-quality stoneware that is designed to withstand the heat of the microwave. It is also microwave safe, meaning it will not release any harmful chemicals into your food.

3. How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is very easy to clean. Simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. For tough, stuck-on food, you can use a nylon scrub brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware.

4. Can I use the DCB in the oven?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and conventional oven. It can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Just make sure to follow the recipe and cooking instructions provided by Pampered Chef for best results.

5. What is the difference between the Small Microwave and the DCB?

The Small Microwave is a smaller version of the DCB, designed specifically for use in the microwave. It has a capacity of 2 quarts, while the regular DCB has a capacity of 4 quarts. Both are made from the same high-quality stoneware and can be used in the oven as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• easytoprepare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies