• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Mouthwatering 30 Minute Chicken with the DCB?

In summary, the conversation revolved around using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to cook chicken and various questions about the cooking process and adding vegetables. Some tips were also shared, such as removing the chicken skin for more flavor and quicker cooking time, and using the DCB for making chicken fajitas. Overall, the conversation highlighted the versatility and convenience of the DCB as a cooking tool.
Hi Everyone! I'm brand spanking new, just completed my first 30 days on Wednesday. (Made it above $1,250! yeah!) With the April host special including the DCB I was hoping to get a couple questions answered. I'm having pretty good response from my Facebook page/post on the 30 Minute Chicken. Unfortunately, my microwave is too small for my DCB so I can't quite test it myself at the moment. :thumbdown:

1. Does the chicken "brown" or just look pretty with spices?
2. Covered or uncovered? (I've seen both)
3. How do things turn out if you add potato slices and/or carrots?

Thanks everyone! Chef on! :chef:

Congrats on a great start!!I've only done it a couple times, but here are my responses:1. No, the chicken does not brown. The color in the spices is what makes it look browned. The BBQ Rub is great for adding color.
2. I've always done it covered with the thought that the heat is just circulating inside the DCB and helping to cook the chicken faster. Also, moisture isn't lost.
3. I've never done this.I also wanted to say that I'm not a fan of skin on a whole chicken so I have actually taken the skin off before cooking it and put the rub directly on the meat. I think the meat was still moist, but the flavor of the rub went directly into the meat and stayed there and there wasn't as much liquid in the bottom as when I did it with skin on. So, that's another option you can mention when giving them various options.This isn't what you asked, but I wanted to add that my favorite picture to paint of a quick meal in the DCB is Chicken Fajitas. I tell people, "This is the quickest, easiest meal. You just slice up two onions and two peppers (any color) and put them at the bottom of your DCB. Press a clove of garlic over that and juice half a lime on top with your Citrus Press. Then lay 3 chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with your favorite rub. I would recommend the Southwest, Tex-Mex or Chipotle depending on how spicy you want them. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. When the chicken is 165 degrees, either chop it up with the Salad Choppers right in the DCB or pull it out and chop it on a cutting board and then put it back in. Serve it on warm tortillas (warmed in the Large Micro-Cooker) with cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream or whatever toppings you like."Good luck on your April shows! The DCB is such an amazing product. To be able to buy one for less than the cost of one night of eating out for just 2 people is a really great deal.Shari in TX

If you add veggies it takes about 40 minutes vs 30 for just the chicken. I don't usually add much seasoning (usually just some paprica) and the chicken looks fine - it isn't pale and sicky looking at all (I leave the skin on too). And I always cover it.I do my fajitas a little different than Shari:
Slice 1 onion and 3 bell peppers (different colors) with ultimate mandoline right into DCB, sprinkle 1 Tbsp Chipolte rub over. Cut 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into tenders (just make sure the pieces are all about the same size - this makes for quicker more even cooking) and sprinkle another 1 Tbsp of chipolte rub over top. Cover and microwave 15 minutes. Check for doneness by cutting a piece of chicken with the salad chopper. If not done microwave for 2-5 minutes more*. Chop chicken with salad chopper and serve with cheese, sour cream and fresh made salsa (made in MFP).*I have done this with 4 bell peppers and 4-5 pieces chicken (almost doubled) and it hasn't taken more than 20 minutes.

What is a Dcb 30 Minute Chicken?

A Dcb 30 Minute Chicken is a type of dish that can be made using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. It is a quick and easy meal that can be prepared in just 30 minutes.

What are the ingredients needed for a Dcb 30 Minute Chicken?

The ingredients needed for a Dcb 30 Minute Chicken include chicken breasts, vegetables of your choice, oil, seasonings, and broth or water. You can also add additional ingredients such as potatoes, rice, or pasta to make it a complete meal.

How do I prepare a Dcb 30 Minute Chicken?

To prepare a Dcb 30 Minute Chicken, start by placing the chicken breasts in the Deep Covered Baker and adding your choice of vegetables. Drizzle with oil and season with your desired seasonings. Then, add broth or water to the bottom of the baker and cover with the lid. Microwave for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.

Can I use other meats besides chicken in the Dcb 30 Minute Chicken?

Yes, you can use other meats such as pork, beef, or fish in the Dcb 30 Minute Chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and ensure that the meat is fully cooked before serving.

What are some variations of the Dcb 30 Minute Chicken?

Some variations of the Dcb 30 Minute Chicken include adding different types of vegetables, using different seasonings, or adding a sauce or marinade to the dish. You can also experiment with different types of meats or add rice or pasta to make it a more substantial meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • kzegar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies