• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 1: Only 41 Days Left | Today: 05/29/07

In summary, Sandy isWave 2 but she is coming in Wednesday. Anyone staying Wednesday night?Yeah!!! My DH doesn't have any vacation time to stay with DD... but she will go to daycare with her friends during the day like she normaly does.... I am really excited about meeting everyone!!I'm getting really excited, too! I'm used to really big (60,000 people +), really motivating conventions. I'm looking forward to the more intimate size, but still really motivating!
mommyhugz1978 said:
Your not the only one that worries about that!!!
Here's how silly I am: when I posted the offer to buy you a drink, I almost said soda, but most colas have caffeine, so I wasn't sure if that was off-limits as well. So rather than risk it, I typed "juice".

But that's me. The queen of "Open mouth, insert foot."

chefann said:
Here's how silly I am: when I posted the offer to buy you a drink, I almost said soda, but most colas have caffeine, so I wasn't sure if that was off-limits as well. So rather than risk it, I typed "juice".

But that's me. The queen of "Open mouth, insert foot."

unless my doctor says no caffinee... while prego... ( NO I HAVE NOT TAKEN A TEST YET) I am fine with soda.... last year I had to drink tea at the Excutive Banquet ..... even after I told the waiter I would pay for the soda.. he said tea or water that isyour choice.... ....

mommyhugz1978 said:
last year I had to drink tea at the Excutive Banquet ..... even after I told the waiter I would pay for the soda.. he said tea or water that isyour choice.... ....
A lot of banquet facilities don't offer soda for banquets, to make it easier on the staff. DH HATES tea - never touches the stuff, so I usually end up giving him my water. He was at a car show 2 weekends ago that actually had lemonade and tea at the banquet. That made him happy. :)

I think this year I am going to bring in a packet for lemonade and stir it in to my water......

Today: Wednesday, June 27

Days until Wave 1: 12

Now I see things differentlyIt's only 11 days until I get to meet you all! That will be the highlight of my conference experience!
My SO almost hit me this morning because I am getting on his nerves big time and I would not shut up!!
Too bad so sad!

YEEE HAAA!!

John is he coming with you? Tom Marston brought Josh to Leadership in January, that was fun to meet his SO :)

Today: Thursday, June 28

Days until Wave 1: 11

Oooo - just realized I haven't figured out childcare for Wednesday when I'm gone... guess I should get right on that... AFTER I check out all the new posts...

Katie... you crack me up!!!

Today: Friday, June 29

Days until Wave 1: 10... we are almost in single digits!!!

Whew... found a sitter for my kiddos on Wednesday! Good thing I actually remembered to do that! And for those of you following my NC hotel/transportation saga... first I have a room, then I don't, then I have a ride, then I don't, then I have both and then I'm not sure... well now we have MORE than enough room to get there (9 people and 2 minivans) and have AN EXTRA ROOM!!! The extra room is in the name of a clutermate that has been going through this dilema with me, so she is NOT going to cancel the room until the very last minute... we figure that if we cancel it, we will find out 10 minutes later we need it. If we don't cancel it, of course, we won't need it... Next year, I'm hitchhiking to Chicago and taking a tent and sleeping at One Pampered Chef Lane!!!!!

Katie- you're so funny! At least you're laughing. I'd be insane(er) by now!

I'm glad my mental anguish is humorous to others! I figure if I don't laugh at it, I'd probably go and kill someone and that might get in the way of getting to Chicago. Don't know how many inmates need PC right now... of course, I could take a STAB at selling the forged cutlery... <giggle!!>

Once you get to Conference, you'll forget all about the mess and have a great time!

You guys I am getting so excited (as always). The flutter in the tummy - yep that is me. I am driving to Florida and I know I will be thinking about conference almost the whole way there. Do you know how long 20 hours seems when you are getting excited about conference!!!

AaAaaahhh - I can't wait!! :D

Yep - I've got my flutterbys, too!
You are going to FL now... before conference? When do you leave? I can't even imagine being in a car for 20 hours right before conference... let alone being away from here for 20 hours. I'd go into withdrawal!!!

Today: Saturday, June 30

Days until Wave 1: 9... SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!
party0038.gif

O.K. I have never been to conference or Chicago. Totally excited!!! We are getting in Sunday around 12:00ish. We are staying at the conference Hilton. Is that downtown? What kind of things should I try and see or will have time to see on Sunday? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
O.K. I have never been to conference or Chicago. Totally excited!!! We are getting in Sunday around 12:00ish. We are staying at the conference Hilton. Is that downtown? What kind of things should I try and see or will have time to see on Sunday? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not a clue... I'm a firsttimer as well! I know my cluster has a pizza dinner in my upline's room and then I think they are going to the Navy Pier... but of course, I'll probably blow that off to come to the CS M'nG!

I plan on going to the MNG too. See you there. I'm glad you mentioned the Navy Pier. Someone said I needed to go there.

The Chicago Hilton is downtown. It's right across a park from the Aquarium and Natural History Museum. The Art museum is a few blocks north. Navy Pier is a great thing to do -shopping, restaurants, some rides. If you're there on Saturday or Wednesday night, there's a fireworks cruise on the lake that's really fun.There's great shopping on Michigan Ave - the Magnificent Mile. Lots of great stores: American Girl, Ghirardelli, Hershey's, Apple, Crate & Barrel (5 stories!), Pottery Barn, Disney Store... plus Cheesecake Factory for lunch and dessert!

Can't believe it's July 1st - I was just downtown last night for a bachelorette party (my brother's fiance) and we went out to dinner at Harry Caray's restaurant - awesome food! and then went to Howl at the Moon (dueling piano bar - very fun) and then we headed over to The Baton - which is a show with drag queens (these "women" looked so good - it was kind of scary but a hoot!) Didn't get home til 2:30 after dropping several people off (I was the designated driver) - man I'm tired today - can't wait for next week:)

Thanks for all the great info Ann. Boy I wish I could have saved up more money. Oh well,there is always next year to go shopping.

Can I pick your brain some more? Do you know how far away McCormick is from the Hilton?

The Natural History Museum looks unbelievable. Has anyone ever been? How long do you think it would take to see it?

The Hilton isn't very far at all from McCormick, but it's not walkable, and I wouldn't try driving it myself either (I'm a chicken about driving in unfamiliar downtown traffic). Luckily, PC has shuttle buses for us to get back and forth.

Great. How long do the shuttles normally take from the Hilton to McCormick? I am getting nervous and excited all in one and have too many questions. My director is out of town until Wednesday.

To sign up we can be at McCormick at 6:30? Then get lined up to go on the tour to Home Office? OMG I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown before I get there.

Yes- registration opens at 6:30 on Day 1. You can be there as soon as it opens. Shuttles to and from the Hilton usually take about 10 minutes.

For those of us that are at non-conference hotels (pfffft!) do we have to get to one of the "approved" hotels to catch the shuttle? How often do the shuttles run? I'm on the 7a HO tour... does that mean I have to be at McCormick and registered by 7a?

Good question Katie. I will be at the Sheraton but do I have to get to McCormick place and register before the tour. Does the tour leave just from McCormick Place? How early are we going to be gettin up??? I hope the poor souls in my room will have that tour also. Yes this all makes me a bit anxious. Ann--Who knows everyting--do you know these things and do you know how far apart the Hilton and the Sheraton are? I hope there is a Starbucks and a drug store near the Sheraton. Anyone know??

Thanks Ann.

Yep unfortunately Katie it is going to be an early morning for us taking the 7 am HO tour.

I plan on being at McCormick by 6:30 at the latest.

I think most hotels downtown would have a shuttle to take you to McCormick Place. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond to that one for you.

I believe registration opens at 6:30 and shuttle busses will take us from each of the conference hotels starting at 6am. Don't worry about registering before the tour. It doesn't take long to register at all and everyone will be through and on the bus in time. HTH

I was on the 8:00 tour last year and was told by other consultants that I should be at McCormick no later than 6:30 to get registered and get in line for my tour. Well, I got up very early!....I got through the registration in about 2 minutes....there weren't that many people there and there are TONS of registration windows. I then had to walk around and wait for my tour....which was running very late that day. I don't even think we were allowed to get in line untill @ 8:30. Luckily I met Jennifer (jdavis....where are you) and we palled around for most of the day.

katie0128 said:
For those of us that are at non-conference hotels (pfffft!) do we have to get to one of the "approved" hotels to catch the shuttle? How often do the shuttles run? I'm on the 7a HO tour... does that mean I have to be at McCormick and registered by 7a?

Katie.... Yes it is usually best to get to a conf hotel and get on a shuttle. Hopefull you are not far. Have you looked on the chicago website to map it out? Last time I was about 4 blocks from a conf hotel, took me 15 to 20 mins to walk over. Shuttles run pretty often. you should be fine to reg before your tour. Usually the only cons. there that early are on the tours and they have lots of lines to move people thru quickly.

We are at the Swissotel Chicago... it's over the river and through the woods to the Sheraton Chicago we go (at an INSANE time of 6:30a!). I think we should have conference start at oh, I don't know... what about 11a each day and run until dinner time... I am NOT an early bird... this really sucks!

Rae, Rae... where are you???? You're up way to early each day... wanna be an obnoxiously cheery person and call me at 5a on Monday? Oh crap - she's probably not reading this thread since she's in Wave 2...

Oh, geez, you guys ... This time next week I will be IN Chicago! Hopefully finishing up dinner with my brother and his family and getting ready to meet up with all of YOU at the little place in the lobby ... what IS the name of that bar again?

I am so excited! I'm just not sure what I'm most excited about ... the HO tour - another 7am-er here ... meeting all the Cheffers ... the workshops ... meeting different people from around the world ... picking brains and taking notes ...

Ive been looking at the agenda. What are the General sessions? How do we see the Product Showcase? What is an Upper Level Sneak Peak?

Kitty O'Sheas at the Hilton Chicago is the MNG.

Katie, you are not far from the Sheraton at all. The hotel I stayed at last time was right by there. (was the Lennox. dont think it is the same now)

I liked being on that end of michigan ave. CVS or something not to far down. I stopped there one afternoon on the way back to my hotel for bandaids. Can you say BLISTERS! LOL

Last edited:
MNG is at the Hilton... that's the one that is closer to McCormick, right? Anyone going that is staying at the Sheraton? Maybe we could split a cab over... TOO far to walk...

I keep hearing about blisters and wear comfortable shoes. I don't know what to wear. Do they have to be dressy? Im starting to having a nervous breakdown here. I am soo excited. First timer, can you tell? I don't know what to wear or anything.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
Ive been looking at the agenda.
What are the General sessions? It's in the big theater at McCormic. Its where we all learn together about all the new exciting things comming up for fall.
How do we see the Product Showcase? This is a special room where all the new products are displayed in really creative ways.
What is an Upper Level Sneak Peak? Anyone???

I can't wait!!!

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I keep hearing about blisters and wear comfortable shoes. I don't know what to wear. Do they have to be dressy? Im starting to having a nervous breakdown here. I am soo excited. First timer, can you tell? I don't know what to wear or anything.

Are you going with your local upline? I Would talk to them, especially your director if she is going. They can also help with alot of this info.

There are also a couple threads about clothing and shoes on here if that helps. Don't worry all will be well and you will have a blast!

In EXACTLY one week we will be all together! (well, it's only 9:38 in Chicago right now so in about a half hour!)

WOOHOO!!!! Soooo excited!!!!

ChefJeniLobdell said:

I'm wearing some super comfy - although not dressy - sandals. Lots of cheffers are wearing crocks. HTH.

The people that are wearing crocks. Are you wearing these for the entire day? Do we have to bring dressier shoes to change into for our workshops?

My director is out of town until Wednesday. Im trying to get ahead on packing. I will look for the posts on clothes and shoes. Thanks!!

Workshops and general sessions are pretty casual Technically "business Casual" You will want to wear something dressier to you Exec banquet unless toey are doing a fun theme.

Also if you are being recognized on stage you would need to dress up a bit more.

<h2>1. When does Wave 1 officially begin?</h2><p>Wave 1 officially begins in 41 days from today, on 07/09/07.</p><h2>2. Can we still participate in Wave 1 if we miss the countdown?</h2><p>Yes, you can still participate in Wave 1 even if you miss the countdown. The countdown is simply a fun way to keep track of the days until it begins.</p><h2>3. What is Wave 1 all about?</h2><p>Wave 1 is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase exclusive products and receive special deals and discounts.</p><h2>4. Will there be a Wave 2 countdown as well?</h2><p>No, unfortunately Wave 2 will not have a countdown as it is not yet scheduled to begin. But stay tuned for future promotions and events!</p><h2>5. Can we still order from Wave 1 after it has officially begun?</h2><p>Yes, you can still place orders for Wave 1 products even after it has officially begun. However, some products may be limited in quantity so we recommend ordering early to ensure availability.</p>

1. When does Wave 1 officially begin?

Wave 1 officially begins in 41 days from today, on 07/09/07.

2. Can we still participate in Wave 1 if we miss the countdown?

Yes, you can still participate in Wave 1 even if you miss the countdown. The countdown is simply a fun way to keep track of the days until it begins.

3. What is Wave 1 all about?

Wave 1 is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase exclusive products and receive special deals and discounts.

4. Will there be a Wave 2 countdown as well?

No, unfortunately Wave 2 will not have a countdown as it is not yet scheduled to begin. But stay tuned for future promotions and events!

5. Can we still order from Wave 1 after it has officially begun?

Yes, you can still place orders for Wave 1 products even after it has officially begun. However, some products may be limited in quantity so we recommend ordering early to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views