• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 1: Only 41 Days Left | Today: 05/29/07

In summary, Sandy isWave 2 but she is coming in Wednesday. Anyone staying Wednesday night?Yeah!!! My DH doesn't have any vacation time to stay with DD... but she will go to daycare with her friends during the day like she normaly does.... I am really excited about meeting everyone!!I'm getting really excited, too! I'm used to really big (60,000 people +), really motivating conventions. I'm looking forward to the more intimate size, but still really motivating!
katie0128
Silver Member
O.k. - so Wave 2 doesn't get to have a countdown if we don't... so here goes...

Today: 05/29/07

Days until Wave 1: 41

katie0128 said:
O.k. - so Wave 2 doesn't get to have a countdown if we don't... so here goes...

Today: 05/29/07

Days until Wave 1: 41

Wow! It's coming up fast! Just found out that DH, who was going to take a couple of personal days to stay home w/ DS, has a huge week at work that week - He works for an Assisted Living Center, and they have 4 Campuses - and that week is the week they do their Family Festival - a different day for each Campus, and he is in charge of set-up, tear-down, & parking......on top of all his normal work (he's the Maintenance Director)....so now I have to figure out Childcare, when I thought it was all taken care of! ARGGHH!!!:eek:

Yuck! My DH doesn't have any personal days left... he had surgery in January and blew through all of his days except for 3 that we are saving for emergencies... For some strange reason he doesn't think that NC qualifies as an emergency. I keep telling him that if he doesn't figure out childcare and I miss NC, he won't need those emergency days because I will kill him.

I've been lucky - my husband is going to take those days off and the rest of the week because my brother is getting married on July 14th so it will be nice. Plus the kids start swimming lessons that week and he gets to take them to that as well. My husband's in retail and it's generally easier to get off during the summer and he's got a ton of vacation days to use.

Yay! That's less than 6 weeks until we can all meet each other!
:D

I am Wave 2 but I am coming in Wednesday. Anyone staying Wednesday night?

Yeah!!! My DH doesn't have any vacation time to stay with DD... but she will go to daycare with her friends during the day like she normaly does.... I am really excited about meeting everyone!!

I'm getting really excited, too! I'm used to really big (60,000 people +), really motivating conventions. I'm looking forward to the more intimate size, but still really motivating!

Did I say I'm getting really excited?

I think dh is taking time off to stay with ds, but I've totally neglected to ask him :eek:

LOL Sandy, I think I have neglected to ask my DH about watching my DD as well.... Iguess we are caught up in the Pampered Chef excitement aren't we??

Copycats! :D

Be sure to let the Wave 2 group know where we can meet you if you're staying over Wednesday evening!

raebates said:
Copycats! :D

Be sure to let the Wave 2 group know where we can meet you if you're staying over Wednesday evening!
Do YOU guys have a plan for Wednesday evening? Or do you need us to make it for you?:p

Those of us in Wave 1 who are staying over must be careful to NOT spill the beans!!!

8 mistakes that can spoil any tripThese were in a health newsletter that I get. It just arrived today and was perfect timing to post here.
  1. Winging it. Know where you're going to stay for at least the first night, especially after a long flight.
  2. Packing too much. Limit yourself to one suitcase and one carry-on. Put a change of clothes and your daily medication in the carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.
  3. Forgetting essential items. Make a list of things you frequently forget and put it in your empty suitcase.
  4. Trying to do too much. Limit the number of activities you plan into each day. Schedule free days for long trips.
  5. Trying to get too much work done at the last minute. Spread things out. You'll never have enough time to finish everything the day before you leave.
  6. Calling the office too much. This can be a sign of insecurity or trying too hard to control everything. Your boss and co-workers know how to reach you in an emergency, right?
  7. Misplacing essential items. Keep boarding passes, identification, passports, trip itineraries, and other documents in one small, easy-to-get-to pouch or bag. Put a bright sticker or ribbon on your luggage to make it stand out.
  8. Leaving town without making arrangements to have the mail and newspaper picked up - a sure sign to would-be thieves that your house is empty.
Some of these we have no control over for Conference (like planning too much in one day), but there are some good points in that list.

BethCooks4U said:
Do YOU guys have a plan for Wednesday evening? Or do you need us to make it for you?:p

Those of us in Wave 1 who are staying over must be careful to NOT spill the beans!!!

Okay, how about 9 p.m. in the lounge at the Sheraton? That's where I'm staying, and it's convenient to lots of places. I'm open to other suggestions, though.

hmmm.... many of us are already meeting 2 nights at the pub at the Hilton.We need a new shirt! The CS hat with a bottle and a coc*tail!just kidding. :) And I won't be able to make it on Wed. night. My group is traveling home Wed. afternoon. Darn.

raebates said:
Okay, how about 9 p.m. in the lounge at the Sheraton? That's where I'm staying, and it's convenient to lots of places. I'm open to other suggestions, though.
Sounds good except I think we might be going to see Wicked that evening. Maybe some of you will still be around after that?? We need to exchange cell numbers off line so we can try to connect if this doesn't work out.

Today: 05/30/07

Days till Wave 1: 40

Weather in Cincinnati (because I know you all are dying to know)... HOT - 92 deg at noon! Good thing I got the grass cut last night! Yippee...

Today: May 31st

Days until Wave 1: 39

Weather in Cincinnati... more HOT and humid... it was 87 deg when I came into work at 9:30a... and no rain in sight... yuck!

Today: June 1st (my son's first day of summer break)

Days until Wave 1: 38

Weather in Cincinnati: I don't know - probably hot again. I don't have a window in my office and since my boss has had his door shut most of the day (I think he is napping) I can't see out his window either... oh well...

Oh my, seeing the days count down makes me all tingley inside (is that even spelled right?!) Anyway, I get the chills and excited to go and to think this is my 4th conference!!!

I have ordered a pin so hopefully I will meet some of you. I don't write many messages due to little time at work but I do read when I can so I hope I will recognize you and yell for those of you who are walking. I guess my Directorship will come for me to walk in January.

Today: June 2nd

Days until Wave 1: 37

Today we worked in the yard for quite a bit and then went to my husband's family reunion. And it RAINED AND RAINED AND RAINED for quite some time. Knocked out power everywhere and blew leaves and braches all over the place. At least it isn't as hot!

chef_kimmo said:
Oh my, seeing the days count down makes me all tingley inside (is that even spelled right?!) Anyway, I get the chills and excited to go and to think this is my 4th conference!!!

I have ordered a pin so hopefully I will meet some of you. I don't write many messages due to little time at work but I do read when I can so I hope I will recognize you and yell for those of you who are walking. I guess my Directorship will come for me to walk in January.

Chef Kimmo is one of my roommates for conference. This will be our 3 or 4 time sleeping together. Am I right Kim?! She is so much fun!! It is really exciting to go. I cannot wait!! I wish I was promoting, but who the heck cares?! I'll still have a ball. (until all the new directors strut across the stage. then i'll be green with envy)

chef_kimmo said:
I started a thread for people who are walking to post their names and achievements, so we know who to cheer extra-loudly for. :)

Today: June 3rd

Days until Wave 1: 36

No rain today, but it was very windy and humid.

Chef Kearns said:
Chef Kimmo is one of my roommates for conference. This will be our 3 or 4 time sleeping together. Am I right Kim?! She is so much fun!! It is really exciting to go. I cannot wait!! I wish I was promoting, but who the heck cares?! I'll still have a ball. (until all the new directors strut across the stage. then i'll be green with envy)

You've been on here for awhile... you should know not to say something like this... our minds are never in the right place!!!

That's the joke in my cluster - we're taking turns bunking with our Director so we all can say that we slept our way to the top. :D

I think you all need fruity hats!

Ann -

BTW... you sent me 4 buttons - in two different packages and had different postage on each one. Having a bout of amnesia?

Katie- I did? Oops. I must have not deleted the PayPal notification when I packed up the first ones (that's what I use to see what I need to send out on a given day). Can you bring the spare 2 to Chicago with you? I'm sure there will be someone who will want one. (Or if you have a spare 80 cents, you can pop them in the mail back to me.)

Today: June 4th

Days until Wave 1: 35

Cool! I'm getting so excited.I decided to go with the crowd this year and wear capris, since that's what most people don for Conference. I got a cute orange pair and an orange gingham blouse. And a cute hot pink shirt with a pink and black polka-dot ribbon sash for day 2 (HWC day).

Do lots of people coordinate their outfits to match the days at NC? What is the "dress code" for conference, anyway... business casual or just decent casual? And how much walking are we going to be doing? I guess I should actually read the information on CC, but it is much easier to post a question here when I think of it!!!
Another question - do we have someone who is collecting cell #s for Wave 1?

Officially, dress is business casual, but most people wear capris/sundresses. Neither of which, in my mind, are business casual. There are some people who wear pink on day 2, since that's the special breakfast for HWC/RUFTH. There is a LOT of walking - we're usually on both ends of the convention center. You'll see more casual clothes on day 3, as many people leave straight from McCormick Center to the airport/train station, etc. Well, other than new Directors - they tend to dress way up on Day 3 since that's when the new Director walk is.I haven't seen someone collecting cell numbers for Wave 1. Looks like you just volunteered. :D

chefann said:
I haven't seen someone collecting cell numbers for Wave 1. Looks like you just volunteered. :D

just as i was submitting the last post, i though "crap, i just volunteered myself for this" oh well...

anyone who wants to be on "THE LIST", pm me your cell so we can keep in touch at NC.

Today: June 5th

Days until Wave 1: 34

Woo-hoo!
Less than 5 weeks!!

Only 32 days until the Sunday night Meet 'n' Greet for CS-ers!
10:00 p.m., Sunday, July 8
Kitty O'Shea's, Chicago Hilton
Look for the rowdy group and my fruit hat.

Hey, I saw something about me sleeping with SandraK! Oh my, I am so looking forward to it and having fun this year again. Sandra and I will be walking in January and there is no stopping us this time - right Sandra?

chefann said:
Woo-hoo!
Less than 5 weeks!!

Only 32 days until the Sunday night Meet 'n' Greet for CS-ers!
10:00 p.m., Sunday, July 8
Kitty O'Shea's, Chicago Hilton
Look for the rowdy group and my fruit hat.

Oh my, I just saw the Anne's post of meeting on Sunday. I believe my flight gets in around 9:45 so I hope some of you will still be around by the time I finally get to the hotel.

See you all then. I am looking forward to seeing a face to go with the hat!;)

We are meeting at 10p on Monday as well, aren't we?

Yep. We love to party!

BTW, there's a pic of me and KG in the "Guess who's coming to dinner" thread.

Last edited:
I saw it! From your thread it sounds like you guys had a fairly non-eventful visit, but still sounded fun!

Good Deal, if I miss you all on Sunday - I will see you on Monday.

I'm collecting cell #s in case we need to get in touch with each other at NC - if you want to be on THE LIST, you can PM me your number

Today: June 6th

Days until Wave 1: 33... almost there!

Today: June 7th

Days until Wave 1: 32

Whoo Hooo!!! I am getting so excited!

Today: June 8th

Days until Wave 1: 31

Only 4 weeks to go!!! Yippee!

One month exactly until the Sunday night meet 'n' greet at Kitty O
Shea's! 10 pm Sunday!

Today: June 9th

Days until Wave 1: 30

Wwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!!!!!

Today: June 10th

Days until Wave 1: 29!!!!!

I'm getting tingly... I can't wait!!!!!

<h2>1. When does Wave 1 officially begin?</h2><p>Wave 1 officially begins in 41 days from today, on 07/09/07.</p><h2>2. Can we still participate in Wave 1 if we miss the countdown?</h2><p>Yes, you can still participate in Wave 1 even if you miss the countdown. The countdown is simply a fun way to keep track of the days until it begins.</p><h2>3. What is Wave 1 all about?</h2><p>Wave 1 is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase exclusive products and receive special deals and discounts.</p><h2>4. Will there be a Wave 2 countdown as well?</h2><p>No, unfortunately Wave 2 will not have a countdown as it is not yet scheduled to begin. But stay tuned for future promotions and events!</p><h2>5. Can we still order from Wave 1 after it has officially begun?</h2><p>Yes, you can still place orders for Wave 1 products even after it has officially begun. However, some products may be limited in quantity so we recommend ordering early to ensure availability.</p>

1. When does Wave 1 officially begin?

Wave 1 officially begins in 41 days from today, on 07/09/07.

2. Can we still participate in Wave 1 if we miss the countdown?

Yes, you can still participate in Wave 1 even if you miss the countdown. The countdown is simply a fun way to keep track of the days until it begins.

3. What is Wave 1 all about?

Wave 1 is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase exclusive products and receive special deals and discounts.

4. Will there be a Wave 2 countdown as well?

No, unfortunately Wave 2 will not have a countdown as it is not yet scheduled to begin. But stay tuned for future promotions and events!

5. Can we still order from Wave 1 after it has officially begun?

Yes, you can still place orders for Wave 1 products even after it has officially begun. However, some products may be limited in quantity so we recommend ordering early to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views