• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

David's Bridal - Preferred Vendor Program?

In summary, In order to increase sales and promote their wedding registry, a vendor must join the David's Bridal Preferred Vendor Program. However, many consultants have had negative experiences with the program. I would not recommend signing up for it.
hmolah
Hello! I have done a couple of vending events at our local David's Bridal store, and have gotten a little response. The events are always on Sundays when traffic is a bit slower (they really should make them Saturdays!). But, I learned about their preferred vendor program, that you pay a certain amount for, and in turn get hundreds of leads a month! Some of the vendors that are a part of their program are: tuxedo companies, photographers, wedding planners, cake decorators, Mary Kay, and more. I was considering inquiring about this program as a way to increase not only personal sales (obviously), but to also promote our Wedding Registry a bit more. Everyone I met the last two times did NOT know we even offered one! The brides that take advantage of a shower/registry love it, and they know they are getting QUALITY kitchen tools! Sure we're in competition with high end brick and mortar stores, but I wondered if anyone here has taken advantage of it and gotten anything from it? Thanks in advance! I wanted some feedback from consultants before pursuing it too much! :)

Don't do it! HUGE money and time waster.

I'd say no. My mom is the preferred cake baker for David's Bridal in our area. Although she gets SOME business, it really isn't even enough for her to keep going with it. And a cake is something they almost HAVE to have.....It is too expensive for my blood :)

I've heard bad things about that program. Can't say from experience, but it's basically a mailing list... they give you labels or lists or something, and 1/2 the time the ppl on the mailing list don't even know they are on it, and get peeved when you contact them. Again I don't know if I'm spewing nonsense as it's something I haven't personally done, but I wouldn't waste the money.

I don't use that way to let brides know that Pampered Chef has a registry. I sign up for the local Bridal Expo and go as a guest with my PC flyers, mini-catalogs and registry information I purchased from PC. Most times, the bride is wearing a sticker of some kind and I just pass out the information to the brides as I am walking around the expo.

Granted you give away more information than people who call, but it gets my name out there. I also wear my PC logo shirts and have had lots of mothers want information and I get their names and have booked almost everytime that way.

KaiKendall said:
I've heard bad things about that program. Can't say from experience, but it's basically a mailing list... they give you labels or lists or something, and 1/2 the time the ppl on the mailing list don't even know they are on it, and get peeved when you contact them. Again I don't know if I'm spewing nonsense as it's something I haven't personally done, but I wouldn't waste the money.

You are right.. it is a list of hundreds of brides in an excel type format. Most have email, most have mailing addresses...Alot of brides set up a special email JUSt for bridal stuff. Whether they look at it or not, who know? But you can tell it is just special for wedding things. Anyhow, just thougt I'd let you know you aren't spewing nonsence :)

I believe there are a few consultants on here who have done this before, and they did not have great results or experiences from it, or thought it was a huge waste of money.So I'd probably opt NOT to.

Speaking from experience.. our cluster went in on it at $278 a month for leads that didn't pan out and it was a YEAR contract! :O Soo NOT WORTH THE TIME OR $$$$!

I did a full year contract last year at $300 a month with my cluster (they base the cost on your location),and NOTHING! Then when contracted ended I thought I was done. BUT... The small print said I had to send IN WRITING that I did not want to automatically continue so I myself had to fork out $300 bucks for not reading the really tiny fine print.

RUN...don't walk!

Wow, thanks everyone! I was surprised to hear it was that much of a flop, but glad that I asked here! I did find out it was going to be $$$, and I'm not in a position, or would want to spend that much $! Thanks for the sound advice! Leaving this idea in the dust... lol

I know you don't need anyone telling you don't do it, but I figured I'd reinforce. lol I used to work for David's Bridal and our Mary Kay lady HATED the program. lol However, my store aside from doing in store events every couple of months, had someone in our store almost every Saturday just setting up a table for the day, free of charge. It's worth calling and talking to the manager about. Saturdays are incredibly busy and it keeps those antsy brides who are waiting for their appointments busy. I definitely think it helps just by getting the word out and explaining whats in it for Brides. I met some pampered Chef consultants at a bridal show in February (I'm getting married 10/16), I would have LOVED to have a pampered chef bridal shower. I'm actually sad that I've already had my bridal shower or I totally would have been into this. Although the consultant I met with told me I could register with PC for gifts, she never went into any more detail then that. I'm a new consultant I signed up 8/22, when I heard about the option of a bridal shower I was a little sad. lol But I do have one booked for a bride getting married the same day as I am. :) Best of luck!

What is the David's Bridal - Preferred Vendor Program?

The David's Bridal - Preferred Vendor Program is a partnership between David's Bridal and select vendors to offer exclusive discounts and benefits to brides who purchase their wedding dresses from David's Bridal.

How can I become a preferred vendor for David's Bridal?

To become a preferred vendor for David's Bridal, you must first apply and be approved by their preferred vendor committee. This typically involves meeting certain criteria such as having a strong reputation, quality products or services, and competitive pricing.

What are the benefits of being a preferred vendor for David's Bridal?

As a preferred vendor for David's Bridal, you will have the opportunity to reach a large audience of potential customers through their website, social media platforms, and in-store events. You will also receive exclusive access to special promotions and discounts, and be featured in their preferred vendor directory.

Do I have to pay to be a preferred vendor for David's Bridal?

There is no fee to apply or be a part of the David's Bridal - Preferred Vendor Program. However, you may be required to pay a small commission fee for any sales that are made through the program.

Can I still be a preferred vendor for David's Bridal if I am not located near one of their stores?

Yes, you can still be a preferred vendor for David's Bridal even if you are not located near one of their stores. They have an online platform where customers can browse and purchase products from their preferred vendors, so location is not a limitation for this program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KARYN
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • tiffanypc05