• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

David's Bridal Folks....need Ideas

In summary, our goal is to get the staff excited about this program and to have them talk about it to the brides during their silent try-on times. I left 3 plexy-glass frames with an abreviated program description and left a card holder with cards for each stacked with cards. I also left mini flyers with them to put in their packets. The manager said that all her long-time vendors stopped coming in and all agree that "the list" is where the gold is ~ so they spend most of their time with that.
Kelley Sells
Okay, so I did David's Bridal last weekend with another consultant in our cluster. We drove together, had alot of laughs and when we got there, they set us up at this table, it was a Couch Table, the ones that go to the back of a couch....okay, so we made a small display but had NOWHERE to sit.....we walked around, looked at the brides in their gowns, I had tears in my eyes, yeah I"m a softy.....BUT it felt like we where invading their "private moment" with their loved ones, it was uncomfortable.....

SO.....for those of you who are doing them, I'd LOVE to hear how your doing it, how are you set up? I would LOVE to have a table and chairs like Davids does and be able to put up an ad of the raffle that is going on monthly with the details, some info on the Wedding Registry too and have the brides come to US, v.s. invading them......

So let me know what you do.....it is MUCH appreciated

In our Store we don't walk around at all! I dont' even know if we are allowed to??? WE have a small round table and are located just by the door next to their full time instore tux vendors. We have signage about the registry, permanant catalog and we each bring in a product of our own to display with cards and raffle slips for each shift. Or we hand out info marketing pacs to anyone who is interested as they pass by.

So far no bites for any of us that I know of. But I have heard other successes where they do get bookings via instore! Good luck!

Kelley Sells said:
Okay, so I did David's Bridal last weekend with another consultant in our cluster. We drove together, had alot of laughs and when we got there, they set us up at this table, it was a Couch Table, the ones that go to the back of a couch....okay, so we made a small display but had NOWHERE to sit.....we walked around, looked at the brides in their gowns, I had tears in my eyes, yeah I"m a softy.....BUT it felt like we where invading their "private moment" with their loved ones, it was uncomfortable.....

SO.....for those of you who are doing them, I'd LOVE to hear how your doing it, how are you set up? I would LOVE to have a table and chairs like Davids does and be able to put up an ad of the raffle that is going on monthly with the details, some info on the Wedding Registry too and have the brides come to US, v.s. invading them......

So let me know what you do.....it is MUCH appreciated

My manager discouraged us from going in ~ said the brides just want to go in and try on their dresses, and get out (frankly it's a zoo in there!). Our goal is to get the staff excited about this, and ask them to talk about the program to the brides during those silent try-on times when they are looking for small talk. I have left 3 plexy-glass frames with an abreviated program desciption (the one created here) and left a card holder to go with each stacked with cards. I also left mini flyers with them to put in their packets that they give to brides ~ I'll attach all of these. The manager has said that all of her long-time vendors stopped coming in and all agree that "the list" is where the gold is ~ so they spend most of their time with that.

I went this morning during their staff meeting 9-10am, with a small display (just the new stuff, the pink stuff, and what I needed to make a "Quick Chocolate Cake" in my fluted stone in their microwave. I basically explained the benefit to brides, and why this was a "good thing" for them to share with their brides, many who might not have heard of PC. I also told them that from time to time I will be popping in with treats to reward them for their help (they were pleased with this remark), and I said if alot of leads started to come our way we would certainly do something more special, like pizza. I had my flip chart there and did briefly explain the May & June specials, and if they were to send us bridal showers or cooking shows that one of the 3 of us signed onto the contract would be calling them back on a rotating basis, and would certainly show our appreciation as well. We will rotate any shows booked through them too. They might copy the registration of any brides they lead to us ~ and then I'll have to cross-check off the list of leads.

Now what I wish I didn't have to tell you is that, in my excitement with my new fluted stone (this was to be my 3rd microwave cake in it), all I asked the manager was if their microwave had a turntable, which it did. Near the end of my question/answer period someone who had come in late went to punch in and asked loudly, "what is that smell???? It smells like something is burning!"..... I scurried to the break room and discovered my stone was too large to rotate so half cooked and burned, and the other half did not cook! Thank goodness I had recently sliced up a bunch of strawberries and had frosting in the EAD for them to enjoy! They were sooooo nice and seemed to genuinely enjoy the presentation, and encouraged me to bring mini-flyers to put into their bride bags they hand out. So - after Alison's dance class I came home, printed out 80 of those, and made them a freshly nuked chocolate cake and a new batch of sliced berries ~ . Alls well that ends well.....

:)

My cluster has recently signed up to start with David's Bridal in late May. I was wondering for those of you who are sharing this how do you split leads? For example if consultant 1 work one of the shifts at the store and bride 1 gives consultant 1 her info to call her to set up the wedding registry and then consultant 2 gets bride 1's name off the bi-weekly lead list as well. So how do you determine who gets her without her being called by 2 or more PC consultants?

IN our group we have a "lead coordinator" who splits up any instore leads down the list of each consultant. Our group flyer contains her # and email so if any bride calls it is placed with the lead coordinator and she distributes them.
When we get our phone leads we are to ask if they are working with another consultant (just in case they met someone instore) so we are not doubling up on 1 bride so to speak.

Susan, Could you attach the mini-flyer you were talking about?
Thanks!

I just did a david's day. Had a table with a 3 tier stand, white tablecloth, catalogs, etc.

I didn't walk around at first, but then asked the manager if it was ok for me to do so. She said 'sure', so off I went. Of course, I didn't go near the brides while they were trying on dresses (felt a little too intrusive to me)...but I did catch them when they were waiting or when they were done.

I stayed 5 hours and got 5 Wedding Registries and 1 booking (from an employee).

I can't tell you that I thought it was really worth it, though. We'll see. 3 weddings are this year and 2 are NEXT year! The booking is in June, though-- free fall products!?

I got my name out there, and offered a free cookbook if they registered today with a quick registry (just some products we put together that they could start a kitchen off with) and the cookbook will be sent after the first $100 in orders is submitted thru their registry.

I'll be surprised if anything good comes of it. I'll let you know!

1. What types of kitchen tools or gadgets do you recommend for a bridal shower gift from David's Bridal?

We have a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets that make great gifts for a bridal shower. Some popular choices include our non-stick cookware sets, knife sets, and kitchen appliances like our food chopper or hand mixer. We also offer gift sets that include a mix of different tools, perfect for a new bride's kitchen.

2. Are there any must-have items from David's Bridal that would be great for a newlywed couple's kitchen?

Absolutely! Our kitchenware and cookware sets are perfect for a newlywed couple starting their kitchen together. We also have a selection of baking essentials, such as baking sheets and cake pans, that are great for any couple who loves to bake. Our kitchen gadgets, like our garlic press or avocado slicer, are also popular choices for newlyweds.

3. Do you have any recommendations for a cooking-themed bridal shower gift from David's Bridal?

For a cooking-themed bridal shower gift, we suggest our kitchen tool sets or a gift card so the bride can choose her own kitchen tools. We also have a variety of cookbooks and recipe cards that make great gifts for a bride who loves to cook. Another option is to create a gift basket filled with kitchen gadgets, cookware, and a cookbook for a personalized touch.

4. Are there any cooking classes or events at David's Bridal that would be great for a bridal shower or bachelorette party?

Yes, we offer cooking classes and events at some of our locations that would be perfect for a bridal shower or bachelorette party. Our classes cover a variety of topics such as baking, grilling, and healthy cooking. We also offer private classes and events that can be customized to fit your group's needs.

5. Can you recommend any personalized or monogrammed kitchen items from David's Bridal for a bridal shower gift?

We have a selection of personalized and monogrammed kitchen items that make great bridal shower gifts. Some popular options include our personalized kitchen towels, cutting boards, and aprons. We also offer personalized kitchenware sets that can be monogrammed with the couple's initials or wedding date. These gifts add a personal touch to the bride's kitchen and are sure to be treasured for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mandak