• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

David Goldman Has His Son Back!

In summary, the father and son were reunited in Brazil and are on their way back to the US. The father is very happy, but the son may have a difficult time adjusting.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I don't know if anyone else has been following this story, but it's been a little mini-obsession of mine!

I'm just so thankful that they were finally reunited this morning, and are on a chartered plane back to the States right now!

I'm sure that David Goldman is beside himself with joy!

Father and son reunited in Brazil, head back to US | General News | Comcast.net

OMG I so happy! I've been following it too and have been absolutely amazed at the Brazillian Govt (not in a good way either). So sad, but hopefully a happy ending!

pamperedlinda said:
OMG I so happy! I've been following it too and have been absolutely amazed at the Brazillian Govt (not in a good way either). So sad, but hopefully a happy ending!

I think the only reason they finally put pressure on them to return Sean to his father was because of the Olympics.

If they had ruled this last time in favor of the step-father, (ignoring International Law yet again!) there was going to be an International Travel Warning posted telling parents NOT to travel to Brazil w/ children. Can't have that with the Olympics coming up!

I too am very happy and think that David's son will be better off with a more honest life. In this joy, I do hesitate because I know that the son will be going through a tremendous time of adjustment.

I think of the little boy from Cuba that was taken from his family in Florida a few years back. How our country raided the house with guns and forcefully took the child to his father. Although I don't like the way Brazil handled this, our country too did not handle this same situation in the best way. I do think that Rio de Janero being elected an Olympic site had much to do with this trransfer. The way their country looked trumped the rich step father.

My prayers go out to this father and son who will eventually be just fine, but will need much time to sort through what time has taken away from them. What a Christmas gift to this dedicated father. I so admire the lengths he went to for 5 years to get his son back!

baychef said:
I too am very happy and think that David's son will be better off with a more honest life. In this joy, I do hesitate because I know that the son will be going through a tremendous time of adjustment.

I think of the little boy from Cuba that was taken from his family in Florida a few years back. How our country raided the house with guns and forcefully took the child to his father. Although I don't like the way Brazil handled this, our country too did not handle this same situation in the best way. I do think that Rio de Janero being elected an Olympic site had much to do with this trransfer. The way their country looked trumped the rich step father.

My prayers go out to this father and son who will eventually be just fine, but will need much time to sort through what time has taken away from them. What a Christmas gift to this dedicated father. I so admire the lengths he went to for 5 years to get his son back!

My feelings exactly, Ann.

I think ALL people belong with one another during this time.......

Becky, I also have been following this story...I have been getting tears in my eyes all week from knowing it would be happening this time. I only live 10 minutes away from Tinton Falls,their home, so you can just imagine the press coverage that has been ongoing here for the past 5yrs. on and off!!!! I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only perfect timing for Christmas...what a present!!! Can you imagine what Father's Day will be like for David Goldman???!!!! Talk about Father of the Year!!!!!

Last edited:
It's good to read about a happy ending, for once.

It wasn't the Olympics that broke the Brazillian government, it was trade agreements. The US tied tarriffs (or lack thereof) to the boy's release. After 5 years of being denied in the "legal system" it took money to make things right.

In this case, the end justifies the means. The boy was kidnapped and his dad was denied parental rights that in the US are allowed even to neglectful and self-destructive people. That is shameful.

It's also a shame that Brazil blatantly ignored international agreements it signed and refused to return the boy after he was abducted by his mother.

I hope the Goldmans' (father and son) 15 minutes of fame passes quickly so they can focus on acclimating Sean to his life as an American and to his father.

susanr613 said:
It's good to read about a happy ending, for once.

It wasn't the Olympics that broke the Brazillian government, it was trade agreements. The US tied tarriffs (or lack thereof) to the boy's release. After 5 years of being denied in the "legal system" it took money to make things right.

In this case, the end justifies the means. The boy was kidnapped and his dad was denied parental rights that in the US are allowed even to neglectful and self-destructive people. That is shameful.

It's also a shame that Brazil blatantly ignored international agreements it signed and refused to return the boy after he was abducted by his mother.

I hope the Goldmans' (father and son) 15 minutes of fame passes quickly so they can focus on acclimating Sean to his life as an American and to his father.

I agree with this. I am very happy this has happened for the Goldmans. Was watching a story on the transfer and then was just so upset to learn that the step father could have transfered him in private through a tunnel that lead under the building, but he chose to walk this child through the street further terrifying him. He will be so much better here and with a father that truly loves him.

I'm also thrilled for this father. I know it will take time, but at least they now have a chance to build a bond together.

I have been somewhat following this story..and yesterday when they showed it on the Today Show I just started crying.

I was following this story too...and the legal shenanigans just turned my stomach. So happy that justice finally prevailed...even if it took political manuevering to make it happen.

I hope that boy gets some counseling to get through this period of adjustment. He looked pretty sad in those photos. No doubt, his Brazillian family told him a lot of stuff about his dad trying to manipulate him into wanting to stay.

Why do I say this? Well, maybe because in the spirit of Christmas, my ex SIL decided to call her daughter. During that conversation, she decided to remind her daughter that she had lost her welfare and her government-sponsored job because she no longer has custody of her. Never mind that she lost custody because she was homeless and living with her little daughter in a homeless shelter.

1. What is the story behind "David Goldman Has His Son Back!"?

The story behind "David Goldman Has His Son Back!" involves a long and emotional custody battle between David Goldman, an American citizen, and his ex-wife's family in Brazil. In 2004, after his ex-wife took their son to Brazil on a supposed vacation, she refused to return him to the United States. It took over five years of legal battles and international pressure for David Goldman to finally be reunited with his son in 2009.

2. How did Pampered Chef get involved with "David Goldman Has His Son Back!"?

Pampered Chef got involved with "David Goldman Has His Son Back!" when David Goldman's sister, Janis Sharp, reached out to the company for support during the custody battle. Pampered Chef's founder, Doris Christopher, personally donated to the cause and encouraged Pampered Chef consultants to do the same. The company also donated a portion of its proceeds from a specific kitchen tool to help cover legal fees.

3. How did Pampered Chef's involvement impact the outcome of "David Goldman Has His Son Back!"?

Pampered Chef's involvement in "David Goldman Has His Son Back!" had a significant impact on the outcome of the custody battle. The company's donations helped cover legal fees, which allowed David Goldman to continue fighting for his son's return. Additionally, Pampered Chef's support and advocacy for the cause brought more attention to the case and put pressure on the Brazilian government to take action.

4. What is Pampered Chef's relationship with David Goldman and his family now?

Pampered Chef's relationship with David Goldman and his family remains strong even after the conclusion of the custody battle. The company continues to support and advocate for reunification in international parental abduction cases, and David Goldman has become a spokesperson for this cause. He has also appeared at Pampered Chef events to share his story and express his gratitude for the company's support.

5. How can I get involved with supporting reunification in international parental abduction cases like "David Goldman Has His Son Back!"?

You can get involved with supporting reunification in international parental abduction cases like "David Goldman Has His Son Back!" by donating to organizations that assist families in these situations, signing petitions, and staying informed about current cases. You can also reach out to your local representatives and advocate for stronger laws and international cooperation in these cases. Pampered Chef continues to support this cause and encourages others to do the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
2 3