• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Dave Ramsey's $10 Sale the Secret to Financial Freedom?

In summary, Dave Ramsey's website is having a $10 sale for Independence Day. The Total Money Makeover covers all of his basics. He was a speaker for our directors at conference wasn't he?
Never heard of him but some of the stuff looks great! Thanks!

He was a speaker for our directors at conference wasn't he?

We have not "Ramsey'ed" yet. For those who have...or are currently doing his program..what product(s) and book(s) do you suggest to get started with?

The Total Money Makeover covers all of his basics. It's his newest one.

Shawnna said:
He was a speaker for our directors at conference wasn't he?

I don't think so, at least not in the last few years. He talks more about money management than anything that would apply to our business.

Liquid Sky said:
We have not "Ramsey'ed" yet. For those who have...or are currently doing his program..what product(s) and book(s) do you suggest to get started with?

I recommend checking to see if anyone is offering a "Financial Peace University" in your area. Go to his website and you can look it up with your zip code. With your class registration you'll get a book, workbook, CDs and some other neat products.

My DH and I finished the class in early May. We enjoyed the class and learned some wonderful skills!

I totally recommend taking the FPU course. If you do that, you do NOT have to buy the kit via the website--it's often cheaper through the church/group hosting the class. I would start with Total Money Makeover. That book goes over the baby steps--believe me, THEY WORK! I am living proof!

I bought the book Total Money Makeover (Sams Club) when it first came out. I'm a HUGE fan of Suze Orman when it comes to financials and planning but I do recommend his book. Very easy read and straightforward. I'd recommend it for a first purchase. Suze still wins me over but Dave runs a close 2nd.

I used to really like Suze Orman but like Dave's delivery and philosophy a little more. I can't help but get kind of irritated by the "honey - babydoll" talk that she does a lot more of now.

I can understand that - many either 'like' or 'hate' Suze. I can get past her annoyances and have really come to appreciate her style (her horrible clothing choices annoy me more). I like that she came from nothing (a waitress who had a customer lend her money to invest, the advisor lost all of her money, she went after the nat'l firm, got her money back and went into the field herself)...I feel I can relate more to the 'from rags to riches' mentality (I'll be forever working toward the riches) and how she so bluntly puts many in their place. I do agree with you on her quirks.

One more thing - for anyone interested in any good Suze Orman reads (no annoyances with a book), I HIGHLY recommend her last 2...For the Young, Fabulous & Broke as well as Women & Money.

Melissa78 said:
I can understand that - many either 'like' or 'hate' Suze. I can get past her annoyances and have really come to appreciate her style (her horrible clothing choices annoy me more). I like that she came from nothing (a waitress who had a customer lend her money to invest, the advisor lost all of her money, she went after the nat'l firm, got her money back and went into the field herself)...I feel I can relate more to the 'from rags to riches' mentality (I'll be forever working toward the riches) and how she so bluntly puts many in their place. I do agree with you on her quirks.

I actually have A LOT of books and other resources of Suze Orman's and they offer great information! Like Suze, Dave had it all then totally lost it and even dug his way out of bankruptcy. These are the type of people I like learning from because they have been there, like us "common folk" (lol!), and successfully found a solution. That solution is getting HONEST and REAL about your financial situation.

Both Dave and Suze are very blunt with their audience and I like that style. I guess they both basically say the same thing EXCEPT they have differing views on paying down cc debt (Suze says to pay the highest interest cc first and Dave says to pay the lowest balance off first then snowball into the higher balanced cards for more of a feeling that you are getting somewhere...even tho you pay a little more in the end. It's easier to keep momentum up in that manner...IMO for my situation :))

Maybe I'll dust off Suze's books and take a look-see and get my butt in gear...again. LOL.

Good points - I will be very honest and say that at one point in my short life (I'm 30) I was over $20,000 in credit card debt and that does not include student loans or car loan. I combined Suze and Daves theory on eliminating debt as I combined higher interest rates into a lower % personal loan and then paid off lower balances one by one b/c yes, I needed that gratification of knowing another one was paid off. With my period of irresponsibility I had tanked my credit score as well. By being a book work from both sources (and their TV shows!!!) it took me a few years but I fixed what I had done and repaired most of the damage. I was panicking last year when I went to buy a house worrying about my past history, but I am super happy to report that b/c of the knowledge I gained from both independent sources I had a credit score back over 700, got an awesome mortgage rate (at the time) of 5.75% and purchased a not-so-cheap home all by myself. No co-signer and no other income (spouse) coming in. (No I don't make mega bucks...if I did I wouldn't be here). :) There are things I want to do or pay off (grad school loans) but know that PC can help me get there and stay on Suze's/Daves plans. If anyone ever needs the encouragement to get out of debt, I can say its truly possibe and can be much easier if you fill your brain with the info. Both of these guru's are wonderful! One of my mantras...Knowledge is power.

I have most of Suze's books, and also came across Dave last year. He's actually why I looked into Pampered Chef- to get extra cash for my budget. What I really liked about Dave's approach (and I've read Suze, Larry Burkett, and a few others)- is that Dave's seemed to be very comprehensive in that his budget was realistic and specific...which was huge! Instead of just broad general categories- this dug deep into each category and you got thinking about each. He also gave more specific action steps I thought. We also started with The Total Money Makeover, then got the FPU CDs (first from a friend, then bought myself) - so worth it and very easy to listen to. He's quite entertaining to listen to also.

Dave lays it out like it is. TMM is worth every penny and then some. Read his book and follow the steps...you will achieve financial freedom. I really like how he keeps the focus on what is really most important (and it isn't 'stuff'!). :)

Dave Ramsey has changed my life. My husband and I are debt free with a fully funded 'emergency fund'. All of that is important, but most importantly we are empowered and are both on the same page for all financials issues. Take Financial Peace and apply it to your life- it will no doubt improve any one's situation: young, old, rich poor.
Bless Dave Ramsey for teaching how to "Build Wealth and Give"!!

1. What is the Dave Ramsey Sale?

The Dave Ramsey Sale is a limited-time promotion offered by Pampered Chef in partnership with financial expert Dave Ramsey. During this sale, select Pampered Chef products are offered at a discounted price to help customers save money while still enjoying high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. How long does the Dave Ramsey Sale last?

The duration of the Dave Ramsey Sale varies, but it typically lasts for several weeks. It is important to check the Pampered Chef website or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for the specific dates of the sale.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef consultant discount during the Dave Ramsey Sale?

Yes, your consultant discount can be applied to Dave Ramsey Sale items, allowing you to save even more money on your purchase. However, please note that some exclusions may apply, so be sure to check with your consultant for more information.

4. Are all Pampered Chef products included in the Dave Ramsey Sale?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are included in the Dave Ramsey Sale. Only select items are offered at a discounted price during this promotion. However, there is typically a wide range of products to choose from, including popular and new items.

5. Can I use other promotions or discounts in conjunction with the Dave Ramsey Sale?

No, the Dave Ramsey Sale cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. This includes any host rewards or consultant discounts. However, the sale price is already heavily discounted, so you can still enjoy significant savings on your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom