1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Dave Ramsey Envelope System

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I'm thinking of cracking down, setting a budget and using the envelope system. Dave is currently having a sale and I can get the "wallet" for only $10. There are few different styles so I have no clue which one to get. Is it worth it to do this? How easy is it to stick to?

Dec 1, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

have you read My Total Money Makeover?

We do a budget, use cash envelopes. I just got my cash from the bank yesterday, in fact. :)

Check out www.mytmmo.com. I think you can do a free 2 week trial. I was (and still am) a member over there as we made it through baby steps 1-2-3 and it was a GREAT source of info and motivation.

Dec 1, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

Read it twice actually! I'm ready for something new. Since we just paid off most of our debt I would really like to buckle down and start saving again for our down payment and watch what I'm spending.

Dec 1, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

Very interesting I just checked out the website. Hmmm... It's a week free trial but if I sign up now they are offering some of the stuff for free. If I wait they are offering a smaller selection of stuff for free. If I do the free trial now then by the time I get paid by PC I'll have more money in my account. What to do... I really wasn't budgetting for this but I know it will be a good investment!

Dec 1, 2009
  5. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

We paid off over $30,000 in debt (cars, bills, misc) and saved thousands in our "emergency fund" while on the program last year. I have been off the system for a few months and am ready to get back on the bus...the $19.95 Wallet System is GREAT (and on sale for $10)! I got the TMM Book and Wallet System for my adult children, too. Great gifts!

Dec 1, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

I gave a friend of mine my copy of TMM and thought about getting her the wallet system too.

Dec 1, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

I use the cash wallet from the Dave Ramsey stuff. I have the red deluxe one. I love it!! It is soooo easy to use and keep up with!

Dec 1, 2009
Have something to add?