• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dark Chocolate Truffle CuPampered Chefakes From Simply Sweet

Bliss eggs at the store.In summary, the speaker has been wanting to make a recipe from a cookbook but had trouble finding the necessary ingredients. They eventually found a substitute using Hershey's Bliss milk chocolate eggs with a meltaway center and made a batch of truffles. The recipe is simple and only requires a few ingredients. The speaker plans to try a dark chocolate version of the eggs and also add peppermint extract and crushed candy canes to the truffles. They share the recipe and also mention other recipes from their website.
akrebecca
Silver Member
I have been wanting to make this recipe since I got the cookbook. However, I was having a hard time finding smallish truffles. Let alone truffles that cost $$$$$$. I know I could make my own truffles (which is fun to do) but I was trying to find an alternative I could suggest to customers. I found the substitute........Hershey's Bliss milk chocolate eggs with a meltaway center. I made a batch last night and they were pretty tasty. Since regular Hershey's Bliss is a square, I plan to hit the grocery store to pick up as many bags of the eggs as possible.

The recipe for the truffles is very simple and only requires a few ingredients. Start by melting a bag of Hershey's Bliss milk chocolate eggs in a double boiler over medium heat. Once melted, pour the melted chocolate into a bowl and whisk in some heavy cream until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to roll into balls. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place the balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and put back in the refrigerator. Once the truffles are firm, melt some more of the Hershey's Bliss milk chocolate eggs in a double boiler and dip the truffles in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, or any other topping of your choice. Place them back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set. Enjoy your delicious homemade truffles!

It's definitely a cheaper alternative. I also plan to try the dark chocolate version of the eggs as well.These were really quick and easy to make. The most time consuming part was rolling the dough into balls and then rolling them in the cocoa powder. I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to make the balls. I got 22 balls out of the batch. I think that they would be great to give as gifts. They would be great in a cute little box or bag.I am going to make another batch of these for the weekend. I am going to add some peppermint extract and crushed candy canes to the dough. I think that would be a great addition to the chocolate truffle.Chocolate Trufflesadapted from The Pastry Queen(Printable Recipe)1 (12-ounce) bag Hershey's Bliss Milk Chocolate eggs with a meltaway center1/2 cup heavy cream1 Tbsp unsalted butter1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powderPlace the chocolate eggs in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well. Microwave the chocolate for another 30 seconds, if necessary, to completely melt the chocolate. Add the cream and butter to the bowl and stir until well blended. Place the bowl in the fridge for 1 hour to cool.Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in the cocoa powder.Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN8 pie recipes – sure to please everyone at your holiday table. All are super easy to make and taste…Top 21 Soup Recipes from Plainchicken.com – there is no better way to warm up this fall and winter than…This looks really delicious. I am going to make it tonight for my kids. Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us.I love the idea of adding peppermint extract and crushed candy cane. I'll have to try that!What a great tip! I'll have to look for those eggs. I love simple, quick and delicious recipes like this one. Thanks for sharing.I love how simple this is. I'm definitely going to have to try it, especially with the peppermint extract and candy canes!These look so good and I love how easy they are to make. I'm going to have to look for those Hershey's

1. What ingredients are used to make the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet?

The Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet are made with all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and dark chocolate truffles.

2. Are the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet gluten-free?

No, the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet are not gluten-free. They contain all-purpose flour which is a common source of gluten.

3. How many cupcakes does one batch of Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet make?

One batch of Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet makes approximately 12 cupcakes.

4. Can I substitute the dark chocolate truffles for another type of chocolate?

Yes, you can substitute the dark chocolate truffles for any type of chocolate you prefer. However, the taste and texture of the cupcakes may vary.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed to make the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet?

No, there are no special tools or equipment needed to make the Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from Simply Sweet. However, a cupcake pan and liners are necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies