• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dancing With the Stars Elimination: Who Went Home on Last Night's Episode?

well, I don't know what to call him. But she definitely needed to get away from him.I think Shawn & Melissa are great, as of right now, I'm hoping one of them will win!!Personally, I just love Shawn Johnson. And Ty really improved this week!
cookn' katie
Who went home, i was watching Idol??? I missed it!

Belinda Carlisle

Wow, i wouldn't have expected that one. Who was the other other in the bottom 2?

I was glad Belinda left, she was the only one I didn't really know..

I'm not surprised she went, but was suprised Steve didn't go. I can't see him having a large fan following of people that watch DTWS. JMHO. Oh well, I also just don't like Karina. And by the way does anyone know who the engaged pros are? On the first episode Tom said something about newly engaged pros competing against eachother and they panned Karina and Maks. I hope it's not them, I can't picture them together. I LOVE Maks and don't want to see him with Karina that would make me sad!!!:(:eek: If anyone knows the dirt please spill!!:p

kcmckay said:
I'm not surprised she went, but was suprised Steve didn't go. I can't see him having a large fan following of people that watch DTWS. JMHO. Oh well, I also just don't like Karina. And by the way does anyone know who the engaged pros are? On the first episode Tom said something about newly engaged pros competing against eachother and they panned Karina and Maks. I hope it's not them, I can't picture them together. I LOVE Maks and don't want to see him with Karina that would make me sad!!!:(:eek: If anyone knows the dirt please spill!!:p

Yes, Karina and Maks are engaged.

Thanks Becky though that seems like a mismatch to me! When did that happen and where was I????

I am upset with Steve W's pro partner. She always has a look on her face like "I hate that he's my partner". I think she should be fired. It's the luck of the draw who they get and they should make the best of it and make it fun for the star and for the audience. A gracious pro wins hearts and makes us want them to succeed in the future.

kcmckay said:
I'm not surprised she went, but was suprised Steve didn't go. I can't see him having a large fan following of people that watch DTWS. JMHO.
Never underestimate the voting power of Mac geeks. Steve's all over the Mac forums online. Although I agree that his dancing is atrocious.
BethCooks4U said:
I am upset with Steve W's pro partner. She always has a look on her face like "I hate that he's my partner". I think she should be fired. It's the luck of the draw who they get and they should make the best of it and make it fun for the star and for the audience. A gracious pro wins hearts and makes us want them to succeed in the future.
Lacey was a finalist on So You Think You Can Dance a couple of years ago, and I thought then that her facial expressions were weird. And her hair on DWTS doesn't help. On SYTYCD she was a blonde, and it suited her better. Now she looks a little goth with that black hair.

chefann said:
Never underestimate the voting power of Mac geeks. Steve's all over the Mac forums online. Although I agree that his dancing is atrocious.

Lacey was a finalist on So You Think You Can Dance a couple of years ago, and I thought then that her facial expressions were weird. And her hair on DWTS doesn't help. On SYTYCD she was a blonde, and it suited her better. Now she looks a little goth with that black hair.

Lacey is Steve-O's partner. Steve W.'s partner is Karina. And she looks like that most of the time.

Oops - I misread. I never refer to Steve W. as Steve. He's "Woz." (It's a Mac thing.) So when I read Steve I assumed Steve-O.

I thought Melissa did awesome! I was wanting the one that is the JACKA-- character to go - he is just plain stupid to me!

jrstephens said:
I thought Melissa did awesome! I was wanting the one that is the JACKA-- character to go - he is just plain stupid to me!

I like Steve-O.. My brother used to make me watch Jack@$$ and Wildboyz all the time, & I guess he just grew on me.. Plus I think it's GREAT he's sober, so I'm rooting for him.. (not to win, just to do good)

I think Shawn & Melissa are great, as of right now, I'm hoping one of them will win!!

Personally, I just love Shawn Johnson. And Ty really improved this week!

As for Karina, I might not care for her too much, but I am SOOO glad she got away from that Mario Lopez, he is such a cad, I can't stand to look at him. So I have a little bit of "Girl Power" for Karina at any rate in her personal life.

And I'm thrilled that Julianne is on this year, I thought it was reported that she wasn't coming back this seaon, but maybe they got to keep her on by asking her boyfriend to dance w/ her...

chefsteph07 said:
Personally, I just love Shawn Johnson. And Ty really improved this week!

I totally agree on TY last week I was sure he was going and thought he was terrible. I'm glad he got to stay on because he's got more potential than I thought. I do like Shawn too.

As for Karina, I might not care for her too much, but I am SOOO glad she got away from that Mario Lopez, he is such a cad, I can't stand to look at him. So I have a little bit of "Girl Power" for Karina at any rate in her personal life.

I agree about Mario Lopez, I just think she seems shallow and I don't get that impression from Maks, he's like so happy go lucky. And I admit Karina has gotten some interesting partners lately but she definitely seems to let her disapointment show too much instead of trying to gear up her partners abilitys and confidence.

And I'm thrilled that Julianne is on this year, I thought it was reported that she wasn't coming back this seaon, but maybe they got to keep her on by asking her boyfriend to dance w/ her...

I never heard that and would have been sad if she wasn't on the cast I love her. Though I think her dancing with her BF will work against them honestly. JMHO

I think it is terrible to have Steve O on the show. I mean he's in rehab for goodness sake and his stunts...not a very good role model. And the other girl Lil' Kim I think she was jailbate. We're they dying for people to compete this year? It is a family show and I think it sends the wrong message.

vwpamperedchef said:
I think it is terrible to have Steve O on the show. I mean he's in rehab for goodness sake and his stunts...not a very good role model. And the other girl Lil' Kim I think she was jailbate. We're they dying for people to compete this year? It is a family show and I think it sends the wrong message.

You forgot about the former playboy bunny & Hugh Hefner girlfriend. She's only "famous" for two (surgically enhanced) things.

I think the jokes and the judges comments are a very explicit for a "family" show...

My daughter is in gymnastics and she's 5. I told her that Shawn Johnson was going to be on and I started taping it just so she can watch HER part. I was very embarrassed when I fast forwarded to her part last week and everyone kept telling her she needed to be more sexy, etc. First of all, she's 17. I think it's refreshing that she's embarrassed to move her body that way, unlike Brittney, Miley, etc. I was hoping dd wouldn' ask me what the judges comments meant, and thankfully she didn't, but from now I will be previewing the comments first (we watched it together for the first tme, so I didn't know). She does not watch the rest of the show with the other stars.

Yes, how could I forget the Playboy Bunny, probably because I don't care for her either and fast fwd her dancing. LOL

And Steph, I agree with you === Shawn is just 17===and she is very talented...she shouldn't be expected to be sexy at 17.

Something is so wrong these days with the "reality" shows.

Well, I gotta say that Steve-O and Lacey just plain stink! He is going to screw it up no matter what as he keeps trying to put JACK#*# into the dance! In a way, he deserved to hurt himself by landing on his mike pack! Idiot! And yeah, Lacey does have a sinister look to her. Not only that I personally don't think she can dance! Not ballroom anyway! As for the Woz - I was actully surprised he didn't go last night. Although Belinda well, without being able to do the turns without getting dizzy, she did not make a good showing either week. And I love the fact that someone out here has no idea who Belinda Charlise is!! Dang make me feel old! The GoGo's! "Vacation all I ever wanted..." Has it been that long? And well, I gotta say that for, Shawn being 17, have you ever watched ballroom dancing contests? She must have watched the show to know that some of these dances require really sexy moves. The 9 year olds that I have seen look like they snuck out of brothels. It is worse than those childrens beauty contests because dancing requires moves that suggest having sex but with clothes on. No kidding!
I mean that is what those dances are all about. Melissa is awesome! Who knew? And even Ty looked good. Julianne and her beau stunk! He can't dance or she is trying to hard make him look good by doing all the dancing. It won't work that way and she knows it. Besides, I think he's a putz! His attitude is that this is all girlie! If he does not change that, Julianne may as well have not come back. And you are correct, the only reason she did come back, she really was not going to, was because they said she could dance with him. To bad!

vwpamperedchef said:

That one I thought was a bit bizarre. Wasn't she like the very first dance of the season. It just kind of set the stage of it being a different kind of season for me. She dedicated her dance to all her jail friends or whatever. Kind of weird. Like as if going to prison is a respectable thing and something to be proud of. Odd.

pampered1224 said:
Well, I gotta say that Steve-O and Lacey just plain stink! He is going to screw it up no matter what as he keeps trying to put JACK#*# into the dance! In a way, he deserved to hurt himself by landing on his mike pack! Idiot! And yeah, Lacey does have a sinister look to her. Not only that I personally don't think she can dance! Not ballroom anyway! As for the Woz - I was actully surprised he didn't go last night. Although Belinda well, without being able to do the turns without getting dizzy, she did not make a good showing either week. And I love the fact that someone out here has no idea who Belinda Charlise is!! Dang make me feel old! The GoGo's! "Vacation all I ever wanted..." Has it been that long? And well, I gotta say that for, Shawn being 17, have you ever watched ballroom dancing contests? She must have watched the show to know that some of these dances require really sexy moves. The 9 year olds that I have seen look like they snuck out of brothels. It is worse than those childrens beauty contests because dancing requires moves that suggest having sex but with clothes on. No kidding!
I mean that is what those dances are all about. Melissa is awesome! Who knew? And even Ty looked good. Julianne and her beau stunk! He can't dance or she is trying to hard make him look good by doing all the dancing. It won't work that way and she knows it. Besides, I think he's a putz! His attitude is that this is all girlie! If he does not change that, Julianne may as well have not come back. And you are correct, the only reason she did come back, she really was not going to, was because they said she could dance with him. To bad!

That's hilarious! But sadly, also true.

And John - you crack me up.:D I absolutely love your commentary!

vwpamperedchef said:

babywings76 said:
That one I thought was a bit bizarre. Wasn't she like the very first dance of the season. It just kind of set the stage of it being a different kind of season for me. She dedicated her dance to all her jail friends or whatever. Kind of weird. Like as if going to prison is a respectable thing and something to be proud of. Odd.

Jailbait is a minor who participates in a sexual relationship with an adult, not someone who's been to jail. And I think Lil Kim's dedication was meant to be inspirational, illustrating that she's cleaned up her life.

chefann said:
Jailbait is a minor who participates in a sexual relationship with an adult, not someone who's been to jail. And I think Lil Kim's dedication was meant to be inspirational, illustrating that she's cleaned up her life.

Oh that's so funny that I didn't catch that about the jailbait thing. I knew what she meant anyway... :D

I could see how that was supposed to be inspirational, but they didn't really explain much. It came across to me like she was proud of her jail time and was giving a shout out to her buddies in the system. Maybe I'm being too judgmental, I don't know... :blushing:

She probably was proud. It's part of the hip-hop culture. Doesn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

Its been a long day---sorry for the error. Thanks Amanda and all who knew what I meant.

I do agree with Amanda, about Lil Kim being PROUD and the entire dedication was really absurd and shouldnt have been allowed by ABC (a DISNEY OWNED COMPANY!)

vwpamperedchef said:
Its been a long day---sorry for the error. Thanks Amanda and all who knew what I meant.

I do agree with Amanda, about Lil Kim being PROUD and the entire dedication was really absurd and shouldnt have been allowed by ABC (a DISNEY OWNED COMPANY!)

In case you hadn't noticed, the Disney Corporation is far more interested in money than in creating wholesome, good, family entertainment. The producers of DWTS pick celebrities that aren't busy (C-listers), are willing to participate, and will create some buzz for the show. Creating buzz usually means that they're somehow controversial.

chefann said:
In case you hadn't noticed, the Disney Corporation is far more interested in money than in creating wholesome, good, family entertainment. The producers of DWTS pick celebrities that aren't busy (C-listers), are willing to participate, and will create some buzz for the show. Creating buzz usually means that they're somehow controversial.

You nailed it on the head about Disney Corp. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus... all part of the wholesome Disney family. (And Chrsitina Aguilera, though she seems to have matured out of her overly sexualized rebellious phase.)

I sure hope that Shawn wins it all! She makes me smile when she dances - her Freestyle in the finals was absolutely wonderful! (and I'm glad they are doing an encore performance tonight, since I missed it last night.)

WOW! What an ending! I thought Gillie (sp?) would win because he has been consistantly on the money, but Shawn has just been flawless especially the last 2 nights! I was so very glad that she won. Melissa is really good there is still something about her dancing that didn't flow for me. (Great visual for the men!)

What really helped me see that Shawn has been nailing it is two things. On Monday night she looked equal to her professional dance partner.

Then when the new dancing with the stars professional dancer was voted for, she danced and watching her, it looked like her and her dance partner were floating and connected.

Shawn's dance was the same! I liked the song they danced to and she just floated. For some reason I watched more of this season than any other. It was very exciting with everyone nailing a perfect score last night.

I thought it was a great ending too! This was an ending that just could not be predicted until it was called....and I liked that! Although I was cheering for Shawn, I knew that it could very well be Gilles. The host said that less than 1% separated them in the voting!

But Ann, I agree with you - Especially the last few weeks of dancing, Shawn has just been WOW, and her last 2 dances, she did look like a professional. I'm so happy with the outcome!

I LOVE ShawnJon as I call her but also loved watching Gilles perform! Good ending, I kinda thought she would win (popularity) vote) would win her over. ;)

I was happy Shawn won. Which is surprising because I wasn't rooting for her before Monday night. I didn't think she'd be up to the same caliber as Gilles and Melissa had been throughout competition. However I thought Shawn was the best on Monday. I liked her paso best and I loved their freestyle. Melissa's was ok and Gilles was disapointing I must say. I tried voting for Shawn but couldn't get through and forgot to log in in morning to cast online votes!!:) It really just proves that the freestyle really can determine the winner!

I was very disappointed in Gilles free style. Len said that it showed he was a great dancer, but I thought he didn't really do anything other than allow Cheryl to dramatically wrap herself around him a lot. :rolleyes:Melissa's was very full of lifts and I actually thought it was really good. I thought it was similar in that to Shawn's. They raved about Shawn's but then complained about Melissa's. And Len saying "I don't get it" drove me crazy. Oh well. I think all 3 of them deserved to be there and thought Shawn really did so well that I'm not surprised she won.

I only liked Shawn's freestyle and that is from someone who is in total lust with Gilles! Melissa is so darn pretty and fit :)grumpy: the kind of girl you want to hate out of pure jealousy!!) Gilles had me in the palm of his lushious hand weeks ago:love:, but I have to say that Shawn just turned it on these past few weeks and was practically flawless. I may have to rent Sex In the City just to get my Gilles fix:love:!!! His wife and I look like total opposites...we might be the same heigth but other than that...for get it!!!

baychef said:
I only liked Shawn's freestyle and that is from someone who is in total lust with Gilles! Melissa is so darn pretty and fit :)grumpy: the kind of girl you want to hate out of pure jealousy!!) Gilles had me in the palm of his lushious hand weeks ago:love:, but I have to say that Shawn just turned it on these past few weeks and was practically flawless. I may have to rent Sex In the City just to get my Gilles fix:love:!!! His wife and I look like total opposites...we might be the same heigth but other than that...for get it!!!

Did you notice Gilles wife looked like his twin???:eek: I thougth they could pass as bro/sis!:yuck:

1. Who was eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars?

The couple eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars was [insert name here].

2. Can you tell me who went home on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars?

Yes, the couple who was eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars was [insert name here].

3. I missed last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars, who got eliminated?

The couple eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars was [insert name here].

4. Did anyone get eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars?

Yes, one couple was eliminated on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars. Their names are [insert names here].

5. I was watching American Idol last night, did I miss an elimination on Dancing With the Stars?

Yes, there was an elimination on last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars. The couple who was eliminated was [insert name here].

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies