1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Damaged product return

1. JenniK

JenniK Member

One of my last hostess let me know about a crack in her triffle bowl within 30 days of receiving it and I did a product adjustment on it. She's received her new one... but what do I do with the old one? I'm not supposed to return it am I?

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2009
  2. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

the product adjustment form and number should indicate if it needs to be returned

Aug 11, 2009
  3. JenniK

JenniK Member

Product Adjustment Form.... was that with the replaced product? or was that something I was supposed to see?

Aug 11, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Did you do the adjustment online or over the phone? If you did it online, they should've sent you an e-mail with instructions on returning it or it'll say it wasn't needing to be returned. Over the phone, they also should've told you whether they wanted it back or not. Since it was the first 30 days, a lot of times they just say to dispose of the item. Sometimes they want it back so they can see it for quality control. They will usually mail you a shipping label and send a FedEx guy to pick it up, if in fact they want it back.

Aug 11, 2009
  5. JenniK

JenniK Member

OK - Finally found the email and see that it did not require a return.... It was one of the 15 pieces of data on the email. No wonder I missed it. Thanks for your help!

Aug 11, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Tell your customer to keep the base!!!! You never know when that will crack and you cannot order a replacement.

Aug 11, 2009
  7. krwebster

krwebster Gold Member

I hope they aren't having a run of bad trifle bowls ~

I've had to do an adjustment twice for a July host. She said the bowl had cracks in the top on the first one and the second one had a big "dimple" on the side. They only have wanted the second one back.

Aug 12, 2009
  8. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

For future reference, if they want it back they won't send the replacement until they get the damaged item first. So just the fact that your host had already received her replacement was your answer. ;)

Aug 12, 2009
  9. taterbug

taterbug Member

That happened to me when I had to exchange the DCB that I had bought before I was a consultant - they didn't send the new one until I had sent back the old one. I had a guest receive a damage DCB the other day and when I did the adjustment, it said that it would have to be sent back. I was having the replacement for this guest sent to me so I wasn't sure where the return label would be shipped. I received her new DCB in just a couple of days but neither of us have seen a return label yet. I was wondering if I should call HO or just let it go.

Aug 12, 2009
Have something to add?