• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Easiest Way to Cut Grape Tomatoes - Tips and Tricks

In summary, to prevent grape tomatoes from rolling while cutting, place them on a flat surface and hold them in place with your non-dominant hand while using a sharp knife to slice through them with your dominant hand. Cutting them crosswise can also help prevent rolling and create a visually appealing presentation. To cut grape tomatoes quickly and efficiently, you can press a plate on top of a handful of tomatoes and slice through them all at once. It is not recommended to use a serrated knife as it can cause the tomatoes to become crushed. To prevent grape tomatoes from squirting juice, use a sharp knife and a sawing motion, or cut them in a bowl to catch any juice.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone tried this?

grape tomatoes0543656_n.jpg

No, because I would cut my hand somehow. It's easier just to cut each individual one for me or use the manual food processor. I guess it depends on what you are cutting them for.

This works great! I've been doing this for a few years now - I saw it on a Rachel Ray show. I used recessed lids from wonton soup; I'll have to try the prep bowl lids. It also works with grapes.

1. How do I prevent grape tomatoes from rolling while cutting?

To prevent grape tomatoes from rolling while cutting, place them on a flat surface and hold them in place with your non-dominant hand while using a sharp knife to slice through them with your dominant hand.

2. Should I cut grape tomatoes lengthwise or crosswise?

It is personal preference, but cutting grape tomatoes crosswise can help prevent them from rolling and can also create a more visually appealing presentation.

3. How do I cut grape tomatoes quickly and efficiently?

One method is to place a handful of grape tomatoes on a plate or cutting board and gently press another plate on top to hold them in place. Then, use a sharp knife to slice through the tomatoes all at once.

4. Can I use a serrated knife to cut grape tomatoes?

While it is possible to use a serrated knife, it is not recommended as it can cause the tomatoes to become crushed instead of cleanly sliced. A sharp, smooth-edged knife is best for cutting grape tomatoes.

5. How do I prevent grape tomatoes from squirting juice while cutting?

To prevent grape tomatoes from squirting juice while cutting, make sure your knife is sharp and use a sawing motion instead of pressing down firmly. You can also try cutting them in a bowl to catch any juice that may escape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovescooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thechefofnorthbend
Replies