• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product Defect in Grooved Cutting Board? Ask Kristi!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a customer who received a cutting board with a large gash in it. Suggestions were made to sand it down, but concerns were raised about bacteria harboring in the gash. Some members also shared their own experiences with scratch marks on their boards. Ultimately, customer service advised the customer to throw out the board and they will send a replacement. The conversation also included a reminder to be careful when throwing away damaged products, as customer service may request for them to be returned.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! My mother-in-law ordered the large grooved cutting board from one of my shows and she said the first time she used it, her PC utility knife put a big gash in it? I told her that she could use a fine grit sandpaper and sand it but she said that it is really deep? Would you consider that a product defect? I haven't got to see it yet so I don't know what to do. Have any of you ran across this? :confused:

Thanks,
Kristi

Send It BackI believe (and I may be mistaken) but I believe our cutting boards are supposed to be scratch resistent. When I first started at our training meeting they made a big deal about how our knives were designed to work with the cutting boards. Besides if it is a big gash bacteria can harbor in it creating a bad situation.

What do the rest of you say?

My cutting board has scratches all in it. I use it for all of my shows, but I have only had it since August. I think I had heard that too, but it is obviosly not true.

Hi. I think that the cutting boards can leave cut marks. I have marks on my cutting board, but not deep ones. The product information says that the cutting boards are:

Made of high density polyethylene—won’t dull knives like glass or acrylic boards and won’t absorb moisture or oders like wooden cutting boards, I don't recall reading anything about no scratch marks though.
I'd have your mother-in-law call customer service and talk to them about it and see what they say.

Thank you! I am going to call customer service and see what they have to say. I mean, it is still within the first 30 days of her having it! :rolleyes:

Kristi

Okay, I just called and customer service said to throw it out and they will be sending her a new one! I'm sure she will be very pleased to be taken care of so well!

Kristi

be careful!
PampMomof3 said:
Okay, I just called and customer service said to throw it out and they will be sending her a new one! I'm sure she will be very pleased to be taken care of so well!

Kristi

In this case Customer Service said "throw it out" but they sometimes send a call ticket for pick-up so don't throw anything away until they TELL you to! It's a random thing.

Hi Kristi,I'm sorry to hear that your mother-in-law experienced a defect with her grooved cutting board. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to me that all of our products meet our high standards of quality and durability.In this case, I would definitely consider this a product defect. Our cutting boards are designed to withstand the use of our PC utility knives, so it's concerning that a gash was made on the first use. I recommend reaching out to our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 so they can assist with a replacement or refund for the defective board.In the meantime, please let your mother-in-law know that we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we truly appreciate her support as a Pampered Chef customer. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will also make note of this issue and report it to our product development team for further investigation.
Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What should I do if I receive a grooved cutting board with a product defect?

If you receive a grooved cutting board with a product defect, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

2. How can I tell if my grooved cutting board has a product defect?

Common signs of a product defect in a grooved cutting board include cracks, chips, or uneven surface. If you notice any of these issues, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I still use a grooved cutting board with a minor product defect?

For your safety, we do not recommend using a grooved cutting board with any product defect. Please contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund.

4. Are product defects covered under warranty for grooved cutting boards?

Yes, product defects are covered under our warranty for grooved cutting boards. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund.

5. How can I prevent product defects in my grooved cutting board?

To prevent product defects in your grooved cutting board, we recommend following the care instructions provided with your product. Avoid using sharp knives on the cutting board and do not expose it to extreme heat or cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjulie
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • hmolah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca115