1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cutting board

Tags:
  1. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Hey guys! My mother-in-law ordered the large grooved cutting board from one of my shows and she said the first time she used it, her PC utility knife put a big gash in it? I told her that she could use a fine grit sandpaper and sand it but she said that it is really deep? Would you consider that a product defect? I haven't got to see it yet so I don't know what to do. Have any of you ran across this? :confused:

Thanks,
    Kristi

May 13, 2005
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Send It Back

I believe (and I may be mistaken) but I believe our cutting boards are supposed to be scratch resistent. When I first started at our training meeting they made a big deal about how our knives were designed to work with the cutting boards. Besides if it is a big gash bacteria can harbor in it creating a bad situation.

What do the rest of you say?

May 13, 2005
  3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

My cutting board has scratches all in it. I use it for all of my shows, but I have only had it since August. I think I had heard that too, but it is obviosly not true.

May 13, 2005
  4. Hi. I think that the cutting boards can leave cut marks. I have marks on my cutting board, but not deep ones. The product information says that the cutting boards are:

Made of high density polyethylene—won’t dull knives like glass or acrylic boards and won’t absorb moisture or oders like wooden cutting boards, I don't recall reading anything about no scratch marks though.
    I'd have your mother-in-law call customer service and talk to them about it and see what they say.

May 13, 2005
  5. PampMomof3

Thank you! I am going to call customer service and see what they have to say. I mean, it is still within the first 30 days of her having it! :rolleyes:

Kristi

May 13, 2005
  6. PampMomof3

Okay, I just called and customer service said to throw it out and they will be sending her a new one! I'm sure she will be very pleased to be taken care of so well!

Kristi

May 13, 2005
  7. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

be careful!

In this case Customer Service said "throw it out" but they sometimes send a call ticket for pick-up so don't throw anything away until they TELL you to! It's a random thing.

May 14, 2005
Have something to add?