• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Cutting Board | Flat or Bumpy? | #1012 and #1001

In summary, LisaLisa got this question in an email--but she is at work and needs to close out this guests order and get the check before she leaves work. She asked if anyone who is home could check on it for her. The white cutting boards (#1012 and #1001) are flat with the exception of the edges, have measurement markings, and are dishwasher safe.
quimbychic
I got this question in an email--but I am at work. I need to close out this guests order and get the check before I leave work.

Can anyone who is home, check on this for me? Please? I can't remember without looking at mine.

Are the cutting boards (white ones (#1012 and #1001) are totally flat or bumpy?

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Lisa- Not quiet sure what you mean by "bumpy"

They are flat with the exception of the edges- they have measurement markings, but it's not enough to make the cutting board unstable/bumpy on the countertop.

You can also remind her that if she gets something, and it's not what she wanted or she's not satisfied, she can return it in 30 days on PC's dime, and either get a refund or trade it for something else. (Then make a note to call her after her shipment arrives to make sure she likes it.)

They don't have a marble-smooth surface, if that's what she's referring to. I wouldn't call it bumpy, but it does feel a bit rough to the touch.

NooraK said:
They don't have a marble-smooth surface, if that's what she's referring to. I wouldn't call it bumpy, but it does feel a bit rough to the touch.

A 'texture' is what I was thinking. It would keep her food from sliding all over as she's trying to cut it, so she'll cut her FOOD rather than her fingers because things slipped.
Plus, they are better for her cutlery. Some boards *like glass and marble- SMOOTH* are actually very bad for cutlery.

esavvymom said:
A 'texture' is what I was thinking. It would keep her food from sliding all over as she's trying to cut it, so she'll cut her FOOD rather than her fingers because things slipped.
Plus, they are better for her cutlery. Some boards *like glass and marble- SMOOTH* are actually very bad for cutlery.
Yeah that. And the surface is nonabsorbent so it doesn't harbor any bacteria. Plus it is dishwasher safe.

What are the best types of cutting boards to use?

The best types of cutting boards to use are made of wood, plastic, or bamboo. These materials are durable, easy to clean, and gentle on knives.

How often should I replace my cutting board?

It is recommended to replace your cutting board every 1-2 years, depending on usage and wear. Signs that it's time to replace your cutting board include deep grooves, cracks, and discoloration.

Can I put my cutting board in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put wooden cutting boards in the dishwasher as the high heat and water can cause warping and cracking. Plastic and bamboo cutting boards are generally safe to put in the dishwasher, but it's best to check the manufacturer's instructions first.

How do I properly sanitize my cutting board?

To properly sanitize your cutting board, wash it with hot soapy water and then rinse with a vinegar solution. You can also use a diluted bleach solution for tougher stains. It's important to let the cutting board air dry completely before using it again.

Are there any special care instructions for wooden cutting boards?

Yes, wooden cutting boards require extra care to keep them in good condition. It's important to oil the cutting board regularly to prevent it from drying out and cracking. Also, avoid soaking the board in water for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • hmolah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca115
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva