• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Phyllo Rounds with Mascarpone & Chocolate Filling

In summary, this conversation discusses a recipe for phyllo rounds and addresses questions about serving size, substitutions for mascarpone cheese, making the rounds ahead of time, preventing the phyllo dough from drying out, and freezing the rounds. The recipe makes 12 servings and suggests using cream cheese or ricotta cheese instead of mascarpone. Assembling the rounds can be done up to 24 hours before baking, and the phyllo dough should be kept covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. The rounds can also be frozen before or after baking, with instructions for thawing and serving.
CaribooMom
Has anyone here ever used phyllo dough with the cut-n-seal? I'm imagining little phyllo rounds with mascarpone and chocolate filling, baked then dusted with powdered sugar. Thoughts?

I'm thinking that Phyllo would be too fragile to cut n seal that way...I think it would tear it.

I don't know though - never tried it.

I really hate working with phyllo dough. I think puff pastry would be easier and quite yummy.

Puff pastry would be good for sure. Theres something I really like about phyllo, though. I think youre right Becky, it might be too fragile...

Hi there! I have used the cut-n-seal with phyllo dough and it works like a charm! Your idea of making little phyllo rounds with mascarpone and chocolate filling sounds absolutely delicious. I would suggest brushing the phyllo dough with melted butter before filling and sealing them to give them a nice golden color and extra flavor. And the dusting of powdered sugar is the perfect finishing touch. Let me know how they turn out! Happy cooking!

1. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 12 servings.

2. Can I substitute the mascarpone cheese with another type of cheese?

Yes, you can use cream cheese or ricotta cheese as a substitute for the mascarpone cheese in this recipe.

3. Can I make these phyllo rounds ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the phyllo rounds and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

4. How do I prevent the phyllo dough from drying out?

To prevent the phyllo dough from drying out, make sure to keep it covered with a damp towel while you are working with it. You can also brush each layer with melted butter to keep it moist.

5. Can I freeze these phyllo rounds?

Yes, you can freeze these phyllo rounds before or after baking. If freezing before baking, make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before baking according to the recipe instructions. If freezing after baking, let them cool completely and then freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
annew