• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combining Two Causes: A HWC Fundraising & Locks of Love Donation

I'm glad DD is donating it, but I'll cross my fingers that the charity is doing a good job with it.Thanks Cathy - I'll read up!
AmyjonesPC
HELP!!!!

I need some catchy phrases to combine two idea's that I have.

I want to do a HWC Online Fundraiser show and combine that with a Locks of Love Donation. I have at least 14 inches of hair that I can cut off and donate to locks of love, so I want to have every $100 in sales count towards 1 inch of hair that I donate.

I plan to submit this as a HWC show and then donate my commision to the local Relay for Life along with my Locks of Love donation.

I want to send out a special email via CC with an invitation to place orders.

Any ideas?

Nice idea. Sorry, I'm no help with a catchy title right now though, I'll let you know if something comes to me.

Have you researched Locks of Love? My daughter donated 10 inches last year... unfortunately we didn't do the research until afterwords. You might want to look into it before you break out the scissors.

Best of luck with your fundraiser!

I'm tired; so all I've come up with (with Cinderella playing in the backgound and one ear on my daughter) is

"Locks of Love to Help Whip Cancer" Fund raiser.
or
"an Inch per $100" fund raiser

Best of luck!

IAmChefJ said:
Have you researched Locks of Love? My daughter donated 10 inches last year... unfortunately we didn't do the research until afterwords. You might want to look into it before you break out the scissors.

Best of luck with your fundraiser!

What do you mean? I hadn't heard anything bad about it yet?

Janet - here's something I found with a quick google search. I have a friend planning to grow hers one more year and donate it to LOL, so I want to make sure she does her research, too. Overall, it just makes you aware of where the hair is really going and who will truly benefit from it. You may decide to donate it to another charity that benefits the people you are trying to help.

http://www.squidoo.com/locksoflove

cathyskitchen said:
Janet - here's something I found with a quick google search. I have a friend planning to grow hers one more year and donate it to LOL, so I want to make sure she does her research, too. Overall, it just makes you aware of where the hair is really going and who will truly benefit from it. You may decide to donate it to another charity that benefits the people you are trying to help.

http://www.squidoo.com/locksoflove

Thanks Cathy - I'll read up! DD was growing hers.

WOW Cathy! I knew about the hair chemicals being a no-no, but had no idea about the rest of the story. Kinda sad.

1. What is "Combining Two Causes: A HWC Fundraising & Locks of Love Donation"?

"Combining Two Causes" is a special fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef to support both the Healing Waters Collective (HWC) and Locks of Love. It involves hosting a Pampered Chef party where a portion of the sales will go towards both organizations.

2. How does this fundraising event benefit the two causes?

By hosting a Pampered Chef party and encouraging friends and family to make purchases, a percentage of the sales will be donated to the Healing Waters Collective and Locks of Love. This helps to raise funds for HWC's mission of providing clean water to communities in need and supports Locks of Love's goal of creating hairpieces for children with medical hair loss.

3. Can anyone participate in this event?

Yes, anyone can participate in this event by hosting a Pampered Chef party or attending one as a guest. You can also spread the word and encourage others to attend or host a party to support these two causes.

4. How can I host a Pampered Chef party for this event?

To host a Pampered Chef party for this event, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or register to become a consultant yourself. The consultant will help you plan and organize the party, and a portion of the sales will be donated to HWC and Locks of Love.

5. Is there a specific date for this event or can it be held anytime?

This fundraising event can be held anytime, as long as it is planned and registered with Pampered Chef. However, it would be great to hold it during the months of April and May, as April is the month of Earth Day and May is when HWC celebrates its anniversary. This will help to raise awareness and support for these two important causes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • myinnerchef