• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customers Who Say "I'll Call You"

I really don't want to be a pest so I'll check back with you on Friday and if you need to reschedule for any reason, that's okay. I just really don't want you to miss out on those great host benefits!"In summary, it is important to set a specific time frame for follow-up with potential customers who say they will call at a later date. It is also helpful to offer other options such as signing up for a newsletter or being kept updated on special offers. Additionally, utilizing the 6 month mark and the past host bonus program can help motivate customers to commit to booking a party. It is important to maintain control of follow-up without being pushy or annoying.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I've had a number of customers lately who were initially interested in booking a party, but when I've followed up, they say they're too busy now, etc, etc, which is fine, but they tell me quite clearly that "I have your number - I will call you when I want to book a show"
How do you respond? I always have the gut sense that if I leave it at that, they'll never get around to calling me, even though they seemed quite interested.

Any suggestions?

I would set a time that I want to hear from them by...My response would go like this, "That's great Shelly, but if I don't hear from you by next Thursday I will give you a ring back, okay?" That way she knows that you'll be following up and you haven't left the ball in her court. Because seriously they so rarely call back you have to assume they won't.

I think she meant that they'll call you sometime "in the future", not necessarily in a few days. At least- that's how I always mean it when I'm the one saying it. (Course, I'm typically the type who WILL...but as Tammy Stanley says, a "customer who calls YOU is a rep in denial!" :D)Maybe you could ask her if she would like to be on your newsletter (if you have one), or if she'd like to be kept up to date from time to time with any specials PC is having for items on her wish list. ?? Not sure...I'll be looking for advice on this too. Since I'm the type who GAVE that response, trying to think of what I would want to hear from the consultant that wouldn't annoy me (sorry- I tend to think like a host!).

I think this would be a good response.

"It's my job to keep in contact with my all my Pampered Chef fans! Just let me know when you would like me to call again I will put a reminder on my calendar."

This way you are giving them the control they may need to not feel pushed and you maintain control of contacting without feeling like a pest. (they did, afterall, tell you when to call back and should be expecting you to call, right?)

I had a similar situation at my show last night! I talked to a guest before I started the demo and she was saying how she has sooo much PC stuff but still wants a ton more. I said that she should DEFINITELY host a show so she wouldn't have to pay for it all, and she said she really wanted to. When we did check out, I tried to book a date with her, but she said she wanted to wait a while because she is working full-time, writing her thesis for a master's program, AND taking night classes. I totally understand that--she has got to be stressed out--so I think I'M just going to call HER in May since that's when her classes will end (she kind of gave me the whole.."oh yeah we'll figure out a date later on or whatever...").
I wouldn't wait for a guest to call you. I'm a pretty new consultant, but so far I've found out of the 3 or 4 guests who said they would call me with their order or something later on, they never did. We've got to take the initiative and make the calls..but I think sometimes it's best to give them a little room so we're not overbearing and annoying! :) I'm with esavvymom..I tend to think like a host, too!

One tool we have in our arsenal to get those guests to commit to something is the 6 month mark. Make sure that they totally understand that part of the PAST HOST BONUS program. If they give you the I will call you thing, tell them that so and so will get another discounted product when they book by such and such a date and that you would like them to call you about a month before that. Or you would like to call them. Then book them on a fictional date about 4 or 5 months out in P3 so you get a message later on to follow up. Then right in front of the iffy person, you pen - not pencil - in a "You will call them date" on your paper calendar. Lastly you make absolutely sure you tell the current host about the booking possibility and make sure the person himming and hawing knows they know, it is more likely to happen. (Yes, it is blackmail of a sort but, hey, it is all we got!)

"That would be great for you to give me a call. But, I know we all get busy. Is it OK that if I haven't heard from you that I give you a call (insert appropriate time frame here)?"

Becca_in_MD said:
"That would be great for you to give me a call. But, I know we all get busy. Is it OK that if I haven't heard from you that I give you a call (insert appropriate time frame here)?"

FYI it took me years to realize they are not going to call me!!
This is my job, not theirs, they are not thinking about me!!!
When you ask permission to call them, you will be able to qualify them as a lead or not. If they are "no, I'll call you", you now know they most likely weren't all that into it.

With those customers I'll ask if they want me to be in touch once I know about the new products for the next season. Or, I'll tell them that if I don't hear from them by a certain date I'll get in touch with them.

pjpamchef said:
FYI it took me years to realize they are not going to call me!!
This is my job, not theirs, they are not thinking about me!!!
When you ask permission to call them, you will be able to qualify them as a lead or not. If they are "no, I'll call you", you now know they most likely weren't all that into it.

My immediate response the the thread title was....THEY WON"T!!!

I like the suggestions I am reading!

The suggestions were great I just had this very same thing happen to me from a past host who had a awesome show last March.. she said she would call on thursday and I said ok, knowing in the back of my mind she would not, I just didn't know how to respond.. I didn;t want to lose her business for the future..
Thanks for the tips

Tammy Stanley said this was one of the 'tests' of whether someone was truly interested or not. She said if you call and when you ask if this is a bad time, if she says it's a 'bad time' or she's busy, tell her "I can call you back in 30 minutes, unless you'd rather pick another time." She'll either tell you to go ahead and call her back in 30 minutes or she'll tell you WHEN to call her back because she actually is willing to talk to you. OR She'll end up saying something like "Just try back at a later time". If she says "Just try back at a later time", that means she probably is NOT interested. After all, she's not giving you any clear direction, which typically is a signal that she's not interested.I think you can also count the "I'll call you" in there with the "just try back...".I personally wouldn't waste too much time trying to chase this person down or convince them otherwise. If they are on your newsletter, fine- keeps your name in front of them. And then move on to those customers who do want to talk to you.

I am also one of those that will jsut ask if it is okay to call them back if I haven't heard from them by a certain date.

1. How should I respond when a customer says "I'll call you"?

It's important to be polite and professional when responding to customers who say "I'll call you". You can say something like, "Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you soon."

2. What should I do if a customer doesn't call me back after saying they will?

If a customer doesn't call you back after saying they will, it's best to follow up with a friendly reminder. You can say something like, "I just wanted to follow up on our previous conversation and see if you still have any questions or are interested in purchasing."

3. How can I make sure a customer who says "I'll call you" actually follows through?

One way to encourage customers to follow through on their promise to call you is to ask for a specific date or time for them to call. This shows that you are eager to help and that their call is important to you.

4. Is it common for customers to say "I'll call you" and not follow through?

Unfortunately, it is common for customers to say they will call and not follow through. This can be due to forgetfulness or being busy. That's why it's important to follow up with a friendly reminder and make it easy for them to reach out to you.

5. How can I keep track of customers who say "I'll call you"?

To keep track of customers who say they will call, make sure to document their information and the reason for their call. You can also set reminders for yourself to follow up with them. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you don't miss any important calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • Raenstorm