• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Navigating Unpaid Customers and Host Specials: Tips for Direct Sales Success

In summary, the two guests did not pay and as a result the show was cancelled. The host paid with her credit card and as a result the customers paid her back.
regina_graham
I have a question. Do any of you have customers that don't pay up front?

At my show last night I had 2 guests that I told at least 3 times to pay, still did not pay. I sent them e-mails last night just to remind them that I can't place an order that has not been paid for. Between the two of them they are responsible for $500 of the show's sales.

I normally would go ahead and order the stuff since some peopl just insist on paying when they receive their order. I've had to travel 6 hours to do this show and I just don't trust that I'll see payment. I've been burned before only to have to resale the items.

Another question: My show had cohosts. They wanted to use the November Host Special for the 60% off 2 Simple Additions. Can they order 2 pieces each? The show total so far is $1200, so they qualify for two. Is it two each or two total?

I do NOT, under any circumstance, front the money for my customers. They pay in advance or they do not get added to the order. If you tell the host that you are removing them from the show because they've not yet paid, your host will (more than likely) give them a call as well. ;)The monthly host special is 1 or 2, depending on the show sales, period. It's not per person, it's per show. If they each had $600 & wanted to split the show to two separate ones, then they would get the host benefit on each show. If one submits their show & has the other book off the first show, then submit the 2nd show in a few days when the host # is issued ... then they could technically get a past host benefit too.

I agree- do NOT submit orders that haven't been paid for. Especially if they're that large! Occasionally, I'll submit unpaid orders for customers with whom I have a good history, but never for more than $25 or so. And since the host's benefits will be affected by those orders, she has every right to know that those orders may be cancelled. I'd let the guests know that unless you have CLEARED payment (check cleared at your bank, or a credit/debit card number) by XX date, the orders will be cancelled. Then give the host a call and just give her some basic information (she doesn't need to know the specific amount for each order) - let her know that her show total will go down by $500 if these 2 guests don't pay for their items and that you need payment for them by XX date.

I personally do not take my time to track down payments for the show. I deal with the host. I either have the host collect payment from them afterwards or they don't place their order. The host can get a check wrote out to her after the show or give me a credit card or debit card number from the guest.

wadesgirl said:
I personally do not take my time to track down payments for the show. I deal with the host. I either have the host collect payment from them afterwards or they don't place their order. The host can get a check wrote out to her after the show or give me a credit card or debit card number from the guest.

Good point! I generally follow that practice too. I did have one military host who was sent off the island at the last minute by the military. We were under the deadline to close by the 15th. She sent the past host to get the folder with the outside orders at her house, then the past host came to me & via e-mail & cell we closed the show for the host! We did end up having to call 3 of the guests for payments or addresses. That's the only time that I've ever done the work like that for the host. I don't mind bending my rules for extenuating circumstances like that. ;)

No money=no order. Period.

If you are having trouble getting payment but dont want to "lose" such a big sale, ask the host to pay with her credit card and let the customers pay the host back. Trust me, the host wont be handing the customers anything until she gets paid back.

Thank you guys for the quick response. Everything was handled and the guests did remit payment. It's my biggest show at $1300 and I'm thrilled!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

WooHoo! Congrats on getting the payment and your biggest show!!! :D

1. Why do some customers not pay for their orders?

There can be various reasons why a customer may not pay for their order. Some common reasons include forgetfulness, financial difficulties, or dissatisfaction with the product or service.

2. How can I handle a customer who hasn't paid for their order?

The best approach is to reach out to the customer and politely remind them of their outstanding payment. If they are experiencing financial difficulties, you can offer them a payment plan or alternative payment options. If they are dissatisfied with the product, try to address their concerns and offer a solution.

3. What steps can I take to prevent customers from not paying?

To prevent customers from not paying, it is important to have clear payment policies and procedures in place. Make sure to communicate these policies to customers before they place an order. Additionally, offering secure and convenient payment options can encourage customers to pay promptly.

4. Can I refuse to fulfill an order if the customer hasn't paid?

Yes, you have the right to refuse to fulfill an order if the customer has not paid for it. However, it is important to communicate this to the customer and give them a chance to make the payment before canceling the order.

5. What should I do if a customer still doesn't pay after multiple reminders?

If a customer still does not pay after multiple reminders, you may need to take further action such as involving a collections agency or taking legal action. However, it is always best to try to resolve the issue through communication first.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aried
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
aried
  • junkfortara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • jmwinfree