• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customers and Hosts on Facebook

In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of adding customers and hosts as friends on Facebook. Most participants were open to accepting friend requests from customers and hosts, but not actively seeking them out. Some mentioned that it can be beneficial for building personal relationships and possibly even leading to bookings, but others preferred to keep their personal and professional lives separate. There were also mentions of setting privacy settings to limit what customers and hosts can see on their Facebook profiles.
NooraK
Gold Member
So, I know all the rules about posting online and linking my website and such, so this isn't a question about that. What I am curious about, is how many of you include your customers and hosts as friends on Facebook? This business is all about personal relationships, and we know that customers are more likely to remember you and think of you if they consider you a friend. I'm just wondering how much of a friend would you be. Or do you not consider Facebook to be just for those select few close friends?

Opinions?

I have a few of my customers and hosts on FB.

Anyone of my hosts/customers that want to befriend me on Face Book is more than welcome & I have quite a few....HTH

Ginger428 said:
Anyone of my hosts/customers that want to befriend me on Face Book is more than welcome & I have quite a few....HTH

So you would accept friend requests, but not necessarily send requests out?

I also have a few customers and hosts, but most of those are friends outside of PC too.

I guess I was just mostly curious as to whether sending friend requests would be weird...

NooraK said:
So you would accept friend requests, but not necessarily send requests out?

I also have a few customers and hosts, but most of those are friends outside of PC too.

I guess I was just mostly curious as to whether sending friend requests would be weird...

It depends on how comfortable I feel with them as to wether or not I would send, but the way I look at it, is I'm on everyday, so thry see me....I do try not to continously about the business, If they ask, I PM them.....:D

Unless they are already friends I don't invite- don't even talk about Facebook with them at all. I like to keep my personal life separate.

I only look for my recruits. I've had a couple of customers find me & request that I be their friend & I've accepted. But I haven't gone looking for any of my customers.

Sheila said:
I only look for my recruits. I've had a couple of customers find me & request that I be their friend & I've accepted. But I haven't gone looking for any of my customers.

Oh..I don't go looking for them, they seem to find me.....;)

I've had a couple people look me up and send friend requests. I accept them, but I don't go out looking for them. I was really surprised and flattered that they did reach out, it's kind of nice getting to know them more. The down side? That then they get to see what I do in my spare time (play silly games). ;)

I have a host who in our first call with each oher said "I've seen you on Facebook [she's the SIL of my co-worker] so just friend me and then you can message me that way." Seriously. I've asked for her email address about 4 times so I could send the email from my PWS with her host password and she always replies and answers everything BUT the email part. So I've just done all my communication with her via phone and Facebook.

For the most part I don't have any other hosts that were outside of my circle as friends on Facebook. I could see it happening if we built a good relationship during the hosting process, I know that could have been the case with Caressa and I even if I hadn't signed with her! LOL

But no, I don't think I'd go looking for them either.

I've had several hosts/customers find me and friend me...and have had a couple bookings that way. :)
I don't send out requests to be friends with them, but I do encourage them to use FB to invite their friends to their parties, and often, they will friend me so that I can see the invite too.

Most of my recruits are my friends on FB, and several others in my cluster also.

babywings76 said:
I've had a couple people look me up and send friend requests. I accept them, but I don't go out looking for them. I was really surprised and flattered that they did reach out, it's kind of nice getting to know them more. The down side? That then they get to see what I do in my spare time (play silly games). ;)

You can change your settings so nobody can see that you play games. :)

MLinAZ said:
I have a host who in our first call with each oher said "I've seen you on Facebook [she's the SIL of my co-worker] so just friend me and then you can message me that way." Seriously. I've asked for her email address about 4 times so I could send the email from my PWS with her host password and she always replies and answers everything BUT the email part. So I've just done all my communication with her via phone and Facebook.

For the most part I don't have any other hosts that were outside of my circle as friends on Facebook. I could see it happening if we built a good relationship during the hosting process, I know that could have been the case with Caressa and I even if I hadn't signed with her! LOL

But no, I don't think I'd go looking for them either.

FB has done WONDERS for my biz. I have booked so many shows just by using the CHAT function of FB. LOL.

If I build a really good repertoire with some hosts/customers then I do seek them out on FB. Other times, they seek me out. I think others "getting to know you" more on FB really helps with building an even better repertoire since they see and realize that you aren't going to only talk to them when it pertains to your business. KWIM?

Michelle is one I would have looked for on FB. We did several vendor events together and FINALLY got her to book a show....ROFL. It's all over from there. Now she's my shining star :)

I also LOVE having my team members on FB. I feel so much more in tune with them and, again...get to "know them" even more so then just by scheduling weekly calls and what not.

Several of my hosts/customers are FB friends. It helps me to stay on their minds. I've also had several use FB to send me messages to order things or set up shows.

JAE said:
You can change your settings so nobody can see that you play games. :)

But I do want certain people to see the games. Some games give prizes and such to your friends who see the posts and click on them. I wish I could make it post to only friends who play those games. I know that people have the option to turn off those app's postings, but they'll see them initially and not everyone understands how to turn them off.

I don't seek out hosts or customers on FB. But they seem to seek me out. about 3/4 of past hostess's are friends on FB.. and they keep tack of me and know when I have opennings for shows.. Cause I post " getting ready for a party on date xyz, or heading to a party"

babywings76 said:
But I do want certain people to see the games. Some games give prizes and such to your friends who see the posts and click on them. I wish I could make it post to only friends who play those games. I know that people have the option to turn off those app's postings, but they'll see them initially and not everyone understands how to turn them off.

I don't play games, so I don't know for sure, but I know you can group your friends into different categories. I wonder if you could apply settings per group? That way, you can group all of your game friends together, and apply it so only they see the games.

Just a though :D

NooraK said:
I don't play games, so I don't know for sure, but I know you can group your friends into different categories. I wonder if you could apply settings per group? That way, you can group all of your game friends together, and apply it so only they see the games.

Just a though :D

I'll have to check into it, not sure if that's possible, but it would be nice! :)

raebates said:
Several of my hosts/customers are FB friends. It helps me to stay on their minds. I've also had several use FB to send me messages to order things or set up shows.

same here!

90% of my hosts are or wind up being my friends! So yes...we are FB friends as well!

1. How can I find customers on Facebook?

To find potential customers on Facebook, you can use the search bar to look for specific keywords or phrases related to your business or target audience. You can also join relevant groups and interact with members who may be interested in your products or services.

2. How can I engage with customers on Facebook?

You can engage with customers on Facebook by creating interactive and interesting posts, responding to comments and messages, and running promotions or contests. You can also use Facebook Live to host Q&A sessions or product demonstrations.

3. What is the difference between a customer and a host on Facebook?

A customer on Facebook is someone who follows or interacts with a business page, while a host is the owner or administrator of the page. Customers can leave reviews and comments, while hosts have the ability to manage the page and its content.

4. How can I provide good customer service on Facebook?

To provide good customer service on Facebook, make sure to respond to messages and comments promptly and professionally. You can also provide helpful information and resources to assist customers with their inquiries or issues. It's also important to address any negative feedback or complaints in a respectful and timely manner.

5. Can I use Facebook to build relationships with customers?

Yes, you can use Facebook to build relationships with customers through regular interactions and engagement. This can include responding to comments, sharing user-generated content, and creating a sense of community through your page. You can also use Facebook Messenger to have more personalized conversations with customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • amyscookinggear