• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Woke Me Up! A Late Night Encounter with a Customer at My Front Door

In summary, "Customer Woke Me Up!" is a humorous and relatable story about a late night encounter with a customer. It is based on a true story and is appropriate for all ages. It can make a great gift for anyone who enjoys funny and relatable stories. While it primarily serves as a light-hearted read, it also reminds us of the importance of patience and professionalism in customer service.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Last night I was up quite late playing on Facebook, watching stuff I DVR'd and enjoying the peace, quiet and rhythm of the pouring rain.I was awakened 5 hours later by a customer I had met at a fair.I had e-mailed him my newsletter, which contained both phone numbers for me, and an offer to get the Mandoline my past host didn't want at her discount. He said he did want the Mandoline and could drop off a check on Friday after 4:30 p.m. I said I would be going in to work at 2 but he was free to drop it off in my mailbox since nobody would be home.As I was pulling up P3 in my bathrobe, all I could think was our lead story in the daily paper, about a man who died of injuries sustained when he answered the door late at night to help an alleged stranded motorist. Her accomplices beat the man, and he was paralyzed for weeks as a result of his injuries. Now, this guy was harmless and all ... but it IS a scary thing to wake up to! And no commission to boot!However, my host, who was $9.50 away from the next level, now gets a baking sheet and a hold and slice for free, so she is happy too! And I'm SURE this guy will at least snap up some stoneware at 20 percent off!

I'm so glad I remembered my newspaper-reading habits and was able to think rationally and make a sensible decision in the moment.

Wow, that sounds like quite an eventful night! It's always a bit nerve-wracking to have unexpected visitors, especially in the middle of the night. But it's great that everything turned out okay and your customer was just dropping off a check. And it's nice that your host gets some free items as well. It's always a win-win situation when everyone is happy. Stay safe out there!

1. What is "Customer Woke Me Up!" about?

"Customer Woke Me Up!" is a humorous and relatable story about a late night encounter with a customer at the front door. It explores the unexpected situations that can arise when working in customer service.

2. Is "Customer Woke Me Up!" based on a true story?

Yes, "Customer Woke Me Up!" is based on a true story. It is a personal experience of one of our team members at Pampered Chef.

3. Is "Customer Woke Me Up!" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Customer Woke Me Up!" is appropriate for all ages. It is a light-hearted and funny story that can be enjoyed by anyone.

4. Can I purchase "Customer Woke Me Up!" as a gift for a friend or family member?

Yes, "Customer Woke Me Up!" can make a great gift for anyone who enjoys humorous and relatable stories. It is available for purchase on our website and can be shipped directly to the recipient.

5. Does "Customer Woke Me Up!" have any deeper meaning or message?

While "Customer Woke Me Up!" is primarily a funny and entertaining story, it also highlights the importance of patience and understanding in customer service. It reminds us to always be prepared for the unexpected and to handle every customer interaction with grace and professionalism.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views