• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is HO's customer service causing more headache than help?

R
RachelNguyen
Oh, I hate to vent. But boy do I have to vent.

I did a show for my Sister in law. She order the FULL executive cookware set. 3 of the items that came with the show were defective, including one of her cookware pieces. (Chipping non stick stuff on the edge. No good!)

Anyway, I called HO and they said they'd send out a replacement pot. The didn't.

I called again about a week or so later. They ASSURED me they would send it right out.

They didn't.

I finally called again last week and they said they would send it out UPS second day air and call me to confirm receipt.

Well, she got a package all right. With the wrong sized pot. Even though the packing slip said it was the 8 quart, it was actually the 4 quart.

So, now, after escalating to a manager, they are saying they are going to overnight an 8 quart pot. But I have to say, this is scaring me. I am a new consultant and this show alone has cost me TONS of extra time, from waiting on hold for HO to calling my SIL over and over again. It has been a HUGE hassle.

Taking a deeeeeeep breath.

Ok.

Venting over.

Thanks!

Don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think.

:D :D :D :D

I just vented to HO and wrote them a email. Last month I had a customer write the wrong number on her order form. She ordered the lift and serve and meant to get the large spatula. I did a product adjustment on the 4th of March and just got the spatula yesterday!! I made call after call, was treated rudely by some woman at customer service who obviously does not get the point that if I don't sell she doesn't get a paycheck. Anyways, I think it was ridiculous that my customer had to wait almost 5 weeks for a spatula. On top of that, they still have yet to send her a refund for the difference. I have to say I rarely have problems but this was not a good experience.

Customer service just told me it takes about 4 weeks for something like that to go through I agree it is very frusterating that it takes that long to get things taken care of.

I've never had to swap products ordered incorrectly, but I've had items (stoneware) broken in shipment or broken first time used. I've also had flawed Executive cookware and have never had [sound of wood knocking] a problem like you are describing.

The only thing different that I can see is that I always e-mail customer service, I've never called.

On the Executive Cookware issues, I would bet these are all start-up manufacturing issues (we can only hope, anyway) that usually get worked out in the first 90 days of production.

None of this would be so bad if it wasn't just one of many issues I have had with shows. For my last party, the host had about $1600 worth of products delivered to her home... and no bags! I actually had to go to the grocery store and pick up some handle tie garbage bags for her to pack orders in! So far, these issues have been the most stressful part of the job. Which I know isn't so bad compared to what real stress is like! LOL.

Anyway, I did decide to email HO with my story because I think they need to know that things have been bumpy lately in the warehouse and with Customer Service.

Love+
Rachel

You guys,

Please please please email customer service if you are having repeat packing and shipping issues. I, too, am sick and tired of wasting my time on things that do not produce income for my business. These are things that could be avoided if the solution center reps and warehouse personnel took a little extra time to ensure accuracy.

I talked to two supervisors at the HO today. They need to hear from us. In writing.

[email protected]

They are usually so good up there, it's gotta be just some growing pains. Our company is growing and new jobs are being filled. The reps up at HO I've talked to are always so accomodating. I do think I'm going to start emailing rather than calling, though, so I can keep better records of who I got an answer from and when, etc. (thanks for the idea KG) ;)

I, like The Kitchen Guy, always e-mail and have thus far not had any problems. Call it luck but so far so good......

Have a Pampered Day!!

I have always done adjustments through pp and the replacements for my customers have shipped within a day. I have never called.

Hi Christa,

I have a couple of questions! First, how do you do adjustments through Pampered Partner? I have never seen that feature. Or did you mean through the website?

Second, I might be missing something, but I haven't figured out a way to handle a quality problem online. It doesn't seem to be an option. Do you guys just email csr service or is there something I am missing? I have hesitated to do the email thing because it always seems to take a few days to get a response. How has it been for you? (It certainly would save me a lot of time....)

Thanks! (Newbie alert, LOL!)

Rachel

Sometimes I have to call because emailing would take even more of my time.

For example, the striped platter in the entertaining set was broken. If I would have done an online adjustment, it would have been pending, they would have had to email me back to ask which piece was broken (cuz you can't do an adjustment for just the platter online) and then I would have had to email them back and THEN the adjustment would go through.

If I call on such a problem, it's handled immediately because I can tell the person on the phone it's just the platter.

So sometimes you are better off picking up the phone.

I try to do evrything through the PC Website. I don't have time to wait for CS to call me back (which always happened when I call), and I find that the service is faster and less hassle!

If I have a problem that requires more information then the adjustment on CC can handle then I just e-mail CS. They always send out an e-mail saying it could be up to 3 days before I get a response but it has NEVER taken that long. I usually have my issue resolved within 24 hours.
I personally do not have the time or inclination to sit and wait on a phone!

HTH & Have a Pampered Day!!

DebbieJ said:
Sometimes I have to call because emailing would take even more of my time.
I believe just the opposite.

I can knock out an e-mail in moments and I can do it 24/7 where the window of opportunity for a phone call is limted to regular business hours. Short of root canal, there is nothing I hate more than being on hold. ARRRGH!

And as Laura pointed out, e-mail gives you a paper trail that you don't have on the phone unless you take copious notes. Since I've never called CS at TPC, I can't speak for them, but most telephone CSRs I've dealt with pick up the phone and say something like, "ThankyouforacallingPamperedChefcustomerserivcemynameisgerchievertiverHowmay Ihelpyou?" and I can never understand what their name actually is. How do I call back and say, "I spoke to someone whos' name sounded like 'Gerchievertiver' last month..."

If you want an example of what bad customer service is, call your computer company for support sometime. (Has anyone here met Foamy?)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"ThankyouforacallingPamperedChefcustomerserivcemynameisgerchievertiverHowmay Ihelpyou?" and I can never understand what their name actually is. How do I call back and say, "I spoke to someone whos' name sounded like 'Gerchievertiver' last month..."

I guess that is one word???? LOL!!!

KG, you are our own Cheffer Dr. Phil. Your points of view always make me laugh and go 'Yeah, no kidding'. I am dying for the day you ask someone 'How's that working for ya??'

stephanieboyd said:
I guess that is one word???? LOL!!! KG, you are our own Cheffer Dr. Phil. Your points of view always make me laugh and go 'Yeah, no kidding'. I am dying for the day you ask someone 'How's that working for ya??'
Nope, you won't hear that one from me. No one will ever mistake me for Dr. Phil...I may be folically challenged but I still have more hair than he does.(He also makes a tad more money than I do.)And yes, it is one word. They usually say it so fast that you can't understand them, anyway.

1. What are the common issues with HO's customer service?

The most common issues with HO's customer service include delayed or incorrect product replacements, long wait times on the phone, and difficulty in resolving problems in a timely manner.

2. How can a faulty product be replaced through HO's customer service?

To replace a faulty product, customers can contact HO's customer service department and provide information on the defective item. They may be required to send in proof of purchase or photos of the defect. HO will then send a replacement product.

3. How long does it usually take for HO to send out a replacement product?

The timeframe for receiving a replacement product from HO can vary, but it is typically within 1-2 weeks. However, there have been cases where replacements were delayed or not sent at all.

4. What should customers do if they do not receive their replacement product from HO?

If the replacement product does not arrive within the expected timeframe, customers should contact HO's customer service again and follow up on the status of their replacement. If necessary, they can escalate the issue to a manager for further assistance.

5. Are there any potential consequences for consultants when dealing with HO's customer service?

In some cases, consultants may experience extra time and effort dealing with HO's customer service, which can impact their business. Customers who are dissatisfied with their experience may also be less likely to participate in future shows or make future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies