• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can baking soda paste and a brush remove mold from stone?

In summary, if you find mold on your Pampered Chef stone, it is important to discard the stone and not use it for cooking due to potential health risks. To prevent mold from growing, make sure to properly clean and dry the stone after each use and store it in a cool, dry place. It is not recommended to use a stone that has had mold on it, even if it has been cleaned off. If you notice any cracks, chips, or discoloration on your stone, it may be time to replace it. And if you do find mold on your stone, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team for a replacement or refund.
byrd1956
Gold Member
My suggestions after seeing this was baking soda paste & scrub. She told me her mom got her some other brand stoneware for a small meatloaf and it can go in the dishwasher. She stored the 2 small pieces on top of her stone and found the black about 3 weeks later. It is powder-like when scraped. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Kristina's stone.jpg
    Kristina's stone.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 970
is this a PC stone or the "other brand"? I would start with the baking soda paste. Maybe even some vinegar (not necessarily at the same time though).

The Baking Soda paste should do the trick.

esavvymom said:
is this a PC stone or the "other brand"?

I would start with the baking soda paste. Maybe even some vinegar (not necessarily at the same time though).

Yes, this is the PC stone. The other brand were the small ones she stored on top.
I gave her the advice yesterday and told her to let me know how things turned out. I did tell her that if it were mine I would probably use a little vinegar w/the soda, although HO might not agree.

fresh lemon half and salt. rub. will also work.

I let mine dry in open air several hours or overnight to prevent this. Stacking two or more stones together in a dark moist environment will encourage mold to grow. Being Pampered Chef doesn't change that. It happened to me. No science projects since.

I had mold grow inside my DCB that I use for shows. I store it on my sun porch that apparently gets very humid and I didn't even think about it being an issue. I used the baking soda paste, hot hot water, and my kitchen brush and it came off right away. No more storage on the sun porch for me!

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out with your question about removing mold from stone. Baking soda paste and a brush can definitely work to remove mold from stone surfaces. However, there are a few other tips and tricks that I can suggest to help with this issue.First, make sure to thoroughly clean the affected area with warm water and a mild soap before applying the baking soda paste. This will help to remove any surface dirt or debris that could be contributing to the mold growth.Next, consider using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water as a pre-treatment before applying the baking soda paste. The acidity of the vinegar can help to break down and remove the mold more effectively.Another option is to use a commercial mold and mildew cleaner specifically designed for stone surfaces. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and test it on a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure it won't damage your stone.Finally, to prevent future mold growth, make sure to store your stoneware in a cool, dry place and avoid stacking items on top of it. Mold thrives in warm, damp environments, so proper storage is key.I hope these suggestions are helpful and let me know if you have any further questions. Happy cooking!

1. What should I do if I find mold on my Pampered Chef stone?

If you find mold on your Pampered Chef stone, the first step is to discard the stone and do not use it for cooking. Mold can be harmful if ingested, and it is important to take precautions to prevent any health risks.

2. How can I prevent mold from growing on my Pampered Chef stone?

To prevent mold from growing on your Pampered Chef stone, it is important to properly clean and dry the stone after each use. Make sure to remove any food residue and dry the stone thoroughly before storing it. It is also recommended to store the stone in a cool, dry place.

3. Can I still use my Pampered Chef stone if I clean off the mold?

No, it is not recommended to use a Pampered Chef stone that has had mold on it, even if it has been cleaned off. Mold can be difficult to completely remove and can leave behind harmful toxins.

4. How often should I replace my Pampered Chef stone?

Pampered Chef stones are designed to last for many years with proper care. However, if you notice any cracks, chips, or discoloration on your stone, it may be time to replace it.

5. Can I return my Pampered Chef stone if I find mold on it?

Yes, if you find mold on your Pampered Chef stone, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund. We take the safety and satisfaction of our customers very seriously and will gladly assist with any issues regarding our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cookingmagic
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • DessertDivaFL