• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unanswered Questions: Knives & Stoneware

In summary, the knives won't dull when used on the stoneware and the stones can be used in the microwave and the convection oven.
gbirkes
I have several questions that customers have asked me and I don't know the answers.

1. Why are the knives handwash only- what will happen if we put them in the dishwasher?
2. is the stoneware safe to use in a microwave / convection oven?

Thanks is advance for any answers.

Last edited:
Gretchen

As far as the knives go - I know it is always recommended to hand wash knives because the leaving food on the blade and putting it in the dishwasher can cause the knife to dull. I don't know specifically why they recommend hand washing for our knives - you may want to ask pampered chef as they do not say in the product info on the website.

The stones can be used in the microwave and convection ovens. They cannot be used under a broiler or on a direct heat source.

If you ever have questions on products, you can go to consultants corner and they have a full product information guides which gives product do's and dont's as well as demo tips and ideas on all of our products.

Hope this helps,
Sharon

It certainly does help, thanks

The knives also get "pitted" when they're washed in the dishwasher. The blade gets all kinds of spots on it. That happens too if you're not careful about drying them right after you handwash them.

Gretchen:

The fact that stones can go in the microwave is a great selling point, especially for the Stoneware Flute Pan, which makes some fabulous 14 minute cakes in the microwave! My children also use the Small Bar Pan for re-heating pizzas and chicken nuggets in the microwave as well. Many people don't realize that extra benefit of the stoneware, so be sure you point it out!

Mary

"Stoneware won't dull your knives"I have heard this multiple times from multiple consultants.
Customer: Won't it dull my knife if I cut things on the stoneware?
Consultant: No, you use stone to sharpen your knives.
Customer: Wow, I had no idea, that is great!

Why do consultant's tell people that the stones won't dull blades??? This seems like a myth that does not help the customer at all and it may harm the consultant in the long run, when the customer's realizes that they were given false information.

Not a mythNot stoneware specifically, but stone does sharpen blades so using tools like the pizza cutter and our knives on our stoneware won't hurt the knives or the stones. I don't know that I would ever tell someone to get their stone out to specifically sharpen the knife itself, but using our cutting utensils on the stone is not going to dull the blades.

If it doesn't dull your blades than you are lucky. I have the chef's knife and the round pizza stone. My stone does dull the knife. I suppose it also depends on how you use it. If you simply push down through the food it probably won't do much to the blade, but if you drag the blade across in a cutting manner than it surely does dull the blade. You are doing the opposite of what you do to sharpen it. I don't think it would dull the pizza cutter because it is rolling over the stone, not scraping accross it like the knife. I would never tell anyone to sharpen their knives on the stones, but I bet it could be done if they were very good at honing.

Even if the stone dulled the blades of the knives a little then the great thing is our knives come with their own sharpening case. So maybe after you use the knives with the stoneware then just sharpen them back up. I personally don't use my knife on the stoneware mostly cause I don't think about it. I use the pizza cutter or my PC sharp spatula (not sure exactly what its called at the moment)

I use that as a selling point to sell the knives. So many people want the stones, but I always add that buying the knives too is great because if they get dull they are easy to sharpen and have a lifetime warranty.

1. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef knives?

The best way to clean your Pampered Chef knives is to hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately with a clean towel. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the blades.

2. How often should I sharpen my Pampered Chef knives?

We recommend sharpening your knives every 6-12 months, depending on how frequently you use them. You can use a knife sharpener or have them professionally sharpened.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef stoneware on the stovetop?

No, our stoneware is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It is meant for oven use only. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the stoneware and potentially lead to accidents.

4. How do I prevent my stoneware from staining?

To prevent staining, we recommend seasoning your stoneware before first use and regularly using non-stick cooking spray or oil when cooking. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware as they can cause scratches and make it more prone to staining.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef knives to cut frozen foods?

No, our knives are not designed to cut through frozen foods. Doing so can damage the blades and potentially cause injury. We recommend thawing frozen foods before using our knives to cut them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76