• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recover Lost Customer Info After Laptop Crash | Tips & Tricks - TiA

In summary, your laptop crashed and has all your files from 3 years of your shows on it. There may be a way to recover information from it, but you'll probably need professional help.
purpleluvs3
Gold Member
My laptop crashed and has all my files from 3 years of my shows on it..Is there a way I can re-gain this information..I really need some of the customer contact information, that I no longer have paper trails of any longer. TiA

Depending on what your laptop crash consists of. There may be a way to recover information from it, but you'll probably need professional help.

It won't turn on for anything, had a computer tech. look at it and said it was shoot.

Do you have a personal website? Your contacts should still be on your personal website if you've been syncing the two. You wouldn't have their orders or what show they came from but you would at least have contact information. There is no other way to get that info back, that I know of, unless you put a back-up on a memory stick or CD.

purpleluvs3 said:
It won't turn on for anything, had a computer tech. look at it and said it was shoot.

Did they specifically say the hard disk drive was shot? That's what has your customer data - not the power supply or motherboard.

ShellBeach said:
Did they specifically say the hard disk drive was shot? That's what has your customer data - not the power supply or motherboard.

That's what I was going to ask. If they can pull the hard drive out of your computer, they may be able to plug it into a different computer and retrieve the data. It's definitely worth a shot. If the first place seems clueless (consider who they hire), try another place. I don't have experience with any group in particular (i.e- Geek Squad at Best Buy, etc)...because my DH is a Network Engineer & computer-geek by trade. I have tech-support in house. :D

To all else out there, equipment is quite inexpensive now. Get an external hard drive and GET BACKUPS regularly! I have a Mac and my machine operates "Time Machine" to backup to an external hard drive. It just makes a mirror image copy (Macs are SO MUCH easier to backup/restore than a PC ever way, IMHO). Nice thing is, when I leave town or something, I can put my external hard drive in our safe (It's smaller in size than a Season's Best Cookbook, and about an 1.5" thick).

Anyway, that reminds me, it's been awhile since I've done a backup. Going to plug mine in. ;)

This happened to me when P3 first came out and I lost about 75 closed shows and 5-8 open shows when my hubby was installing more memory. It was really cold outside and there was a lot of static inside when he fried my computer. Luckily, my husband saved my outlook contacts... Call Pampered Chef and see if they have any lost show info. They might. They probably won't be able to send it to you except by a printout which will help you if you ever need it. But...now that I think about it they will have everything and all you need to do is call HO with any issues.

Did you ever back up on a flash drive? I suppose not if you say you have nothing but it's the biggest thing I can recommend if you have to start again.

I think P3 will have a lot of your contacts saved w/ HO...

Nice thing is, when I leave town or something, I can put my external hard drive in our safe (It's smaller in size than a Season's Best Cookbook, and about an 1.5" thick).

The ultimate would be to have a copy "offsite". Such as, putting a disk in another building, whether it be your garage, work, inlaws, bank safe deposit box or whatever. Honesty, I don't do it ever either but think of the consequences if you had a fire, tornado or flood? Where would you begin? :(

Teresa LM said:
Nice thing is, when I leave town or something, I can put my external hard drive in our safe (It's smaller in size than a Season's Best Cookbook, and about an 1.5" thick).

The ultimate would be to have a copy "offsite". Such as, putting a disk in another building, whether it be your garage, work, inlaws, bank safe deposit box or whatever. Honesty, I don't do it ever either but think of the consequences if you had a fire, tornado or flood? Where would you begin? :(

I'm thinking more and more frequently about looking into a cloud option.

Thanks for all the help.... I found most/not all of the contacts on personal website. Due to me sometimes syncing and sometimes not. I think I will contact home office and see if they can either email or mail me what they have for my contacts, also..I will be recording all contacts that I can recover and anll from here on out in a personal journal type book, and a flashdrive also.. Two extra ways is better than none. Thanks again.

What is "Customer Info Lost..."?

"Customer Info Lost..." is a phrase often used to describe a situation where a company has lost or misplaced important personal information of its customers, such as names, addresses, and credit card numbers.

How does "Customer Info Lost..." happen?

"Customer Info Lost..." can happen due to various reasons, such as a data breach, hacking, employee error, or system malfunction. In some cases, it may also be a result of inadequate security measures or negligence on the part of the company.

What are the potential consequences of "Customer Info Lost..."?

The potential consequences of "Customer Info Lost..." can be severe, both for the affected customers and the company responsible. Customers may become victims of identity theft or fraud, while the company may face legal action, damage to its reputation, and loss of customers and revenue.

What should I do if I suspect my information has been lost or compromised?

If you suspect that your information has been lost or compromised in a "Customer Info Lost..." situation, you should immediately contact the company responsible and ask for more information. You should also consider monitoring your credit and financial accounts for any suspicious activity and take steps to protect your personal information.

How can companies prevent "Customer Info Lost..." incidents?

To prevent "Customer Info Lost..." incidents, companies should have robust security measures in place, such as encryption and firewalls, to protect customer data. They should also regularly train employees on data security protocols and conduct audits to identify any vulnerabilities. In case of a data breach, companies should have a response plan in place to minimize the impact and notify affected customers promptly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Monty060609