• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Help a Customer Who Hates Their Product?

In summary, the woman had a cookie press that she couldn't get to work, and she was glad to find out that the person who was selling the cookies had one. She was excited to be able to exchange the cookie press for something else of equal value.
pchefinski
I just did a mall fair and met a woman who has a cookie press and hates it--it just sits in her cupboard b/c she can't get it to work. [she has tried a lot of different recipes, including the ones her former consultant gave her] I got her information and told her that I'd like to make it right, whether that meant taking it off her hands in exchange for another product of the same value, or whatnot. [She said she was pretty sure that her warranty was void by now--so she can't just return it, as it has been over a year.] Has anyone ever done this or anything like it? It's a shame that she has a PC product that she hates, and by the conversation, she has shyed away from buying other things b/c she can't figure out how to use that cookie press.. She seemed relieved and excited when I told her that I'd like to work it out so that she gets something that she can actually use and fall in love with.

I don't have the cookie press, and I figured I could give her the same value in product in exchange for taking it off her hands, and have it in my product inventory. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)

I don't have any suggestions for you but I do like your idea of exchanging it with her for something you have in yoru inventory. I can tell you from personnal experience I do not like the cookie press either. I have had nothing but bad luck with getting it to work. Mine too just sits in my cabinet. I actually had a customer at my show last night ask me about it and I told her I didn't really care for it but she could have mine to test out to see if she liked before purchasing.

I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions on using the press because I have had NONE.

well, catalog value is $27.00, so maybe start her off with a stone like the stoneware fluted pan...it's $26.50 and include the recipes found on this site so she has things to do with it from the get go...especially the microwave cake recipes. or even the bar pan at $28.00 and tell her to use it as she would her cookie sheet and give her recipes for it. Or maybe the easy read measuring cups at $22 with a $5 product like the flour/sugar shaker...those may make her life a little easier and cooking more enjoyable. Last suggestion: The Food Chopper...I have never heard of anyone who doesn't like it, it's easy to use, $28.50, I currently own 2 because my husband and I fight over it all of the time!!! Show her how to use and give her a few extra recipes for it...maybe even suggest "teaching her and her friends how to use it in a great recipe at her house through a kitchen show!!" I think I like the food chopper idea the best now that I think about it...good luck and I hope this helped!!!

thanksi have a feeling it'll work out just fine. i'm going to call her today and tell her.

she also had a large oval baker but it broke and now she wants to ship it back and get it replaced.. does she have to pay shipping? how do returns like that work? she said if it costs more in shipping it back to them, she'll just buy another one.. can't remember if she said it was still under warranty, but i believe so b/c she said she could return it for replacement.

i don't know how that works b/c I haven't had that problem yet...knock on wood! I am going to find out either tonoght or tomorrow about what happens with an extra product though...I got an easy accent decorator as an extra product in my host's order today...real tempted to keep it, but I have this thing called a conscience and it won't let me...lol..hopefully I won't have to pay for shipping or they may just let my host keep it...let's just pray I get a nice representative! :)

I LOVE the cookie press!

Here's the secret. After you mix your dough, pick it up and knead it with your hands until it is your body temp. It needs to be warm. That way it will go through the disk very easily.

I just sold a few at the fair I did with my director last week. We demonstrated the thing using the cake mix dough. It was a hit!

hmmm... kinda messy, no? i'll let her know the secret, and if she's still wanting to get rid of it, i'll offer her the exchange.
*doesn't that solution pose a problem when making cookies to give away at shows/for holidays, etc? or do you just use gloves?

thanks ;)

Last edited:
Amanda, there was also a tip in Weekly Bites a few weeks ago about how to properly measure flour for use in the cookie press. I think it said to use a spoon to lightly fill your measuring cup with flour, rather than pack the flour in. I don't recall exactly what it said because I don't have a cookie press, but you can view past Weekly Bites on CC and check it out.

returns/exchangesIf she has the receipt or remembers the name of the host & state the show was held, you should just do a product adjustment for her on the website. They will let you know what to do and whether shipping is involved. They have always paid for shipping for me in the past.

This sounds like a good way to gain a new and devoted customer. I am sure she appreciates the concern you are showing her. Great Customer Service! :D

I have put together some Cookie Press tip sheets and recipes. I got a lot of these from here on this site. Hope this helps out.

Lee Anne

Attachments

• COOKIE PRESS Tips.doc
    21 KB · Views: 423
  • COOKIE PRESS TIP2.doc
    21 KB · Views: 406
  • COOKIE PRESS TIP #3.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 388
  • COOKIE PRESS COOKIE RECIPES.doc
    36 KB · Views: 427
  • COOKIE PRESS BUTTER MINTS.doc
    20 KB · Views: 531
Here are some more.

Attachments

• COOKIE PRESS CAKE MIX COOKIES.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 408
  • COOKIE PRESS FUDGE.doc
    20 KB · Views: 440
  • COOKIE PRESS FUDGE #2.doc
    20 KB · Views: 395
thank you so much! i'm going to contact her today and let her know. so if she can find the receipt, i can put it in as a product adjustment through CC? What if it's been over a year? I thought that you couldn't do adjustments past a year.. (her warranty is no longer good, so she bought it over a year ago).
thanks again everyone. i appreciate the help! :D

Maybe I'm jaded...I worked in the customer service (RETAIL) industry for several years, as well as in the restaurant business and maybe I am just jaded but my red flags are up with this woman. People will try to get stuff free all the time, whether they deserve it or not. Its hard, in our business because we want to have a good name out there and we want happy customers, but in my experience, people are generally not as grateful as they should be and often don't relize what it is costing you. I hope that it does work out well for you and that she does become a devoted customer, but I did just want to add my personal experience.

thanks for warning me. yea, i don't want to get ripped off either, but the way I see it, i'd have to spend close to the $27 for the cookie press to add it into my inventory, (less 20%) and i'm offering her $27 worth of products so i'll only have to pay 80% of that price anyhow.. i haven't gotten ahold of her yet, but i'll let you know how it works out. she stopped at the vendor booth to ask me about returning her stoneware oval baker, and then through conversation mentioned the cookie press.. i dunno, i guess if she was just out to get something free, maybe she would have brought that up first.. who knows with some people, right?

well, i'm going to offer her all the tips/recipes that i've been given for the cookie press, so she might just want to keep it after all!

thanks again :) i appreciate it

1. What should I do if I received a product that I don't like?

If you are not satisfied with a Pampered Chef product, you can return it for a refund within 30 days of purchase. Please contact our customer service team to initiate the return process.

2. Can I exchange a product that I hate for a different one?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for products that you dislike. You can return the product for a refund and then purchase a different item from our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. What if the product I hate was a gift?

If the product was purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant, you can contact them for a refund or exchange. If the product was purchased directly from our website, you can contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. Will I have to pay for return shipping if I hate the product?

If the product was damaged or defective, we will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if you simply don't like the product, you will be responsible for the return shipping costs.

5. Can I return a product if I have used it?

Yes, you can still return a product that you have used within 30 days of purchase. However, the product must be in good condition and all original packaging must be included in the return shipment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefJen2012
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • BadGirl