• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should I Distribute Host Rewards at My Customer Appreciation Party?

recipe and then give away the pans. I would also give away a mystery gift. You would offer a 60% discount on any purchase to those who win the game or demo. You would also give away a mystery gift to all past hosts.
Tracy99
Gold Member
So my one year anniversary is coming up with PC. I am having a customer appreciation party at my house. Basically it is a show where I am going to give away all the host rewards (like a mystery host). I also have some duplicate new products that I will likely give away as well. So my question for all of you is, how do you typically break down your host rewards for the give aways? Also, do you think the 60% cookware special will actually make people happy? Or do you think it will cause people to feel like they have to spend extra money? I am considering offering anyone who wins the 60% off special a flat discount (20%) on their order as a second option. Is that making it too complicated? Would you pair the 60% off with some free product so that they could get something for winning without having to spend extra money? I'm not really worried about the 50% off items since you could buy anything in the catalog but the 60% off cookware worries me more since it is basically asking them to shell out at least $20 to get anything. Or am I just over thinking this and shouldn't worry about it?

Ok so no one has replied to this. Having thought about this I think I will just go ahead and offer the host rewards as they work out and take it on a case by case basis if people complain. Right now I am planning the show to go like this:One time drawing for free shipping
Queen of the Shoppers game to win a New Spring product (something I have duplicate of, either a rub or the new panini spatula)
Quick demo in the DCB (likely the lemon cherry crumble cake)I plan to have two other recipes premade. I am thinking the chicago style hot dog bites and then maybe some kind of fruit salad or something that would go in the salad bowl with the new cooling insert. I'd like to do one more game as a giveaway. I thought about doing stealing hearts but are there any other good games out there? Then I'll give the benefits away at the end. Likely I'll tell people to place any orders and either hang out and munch for a bit or else expect a phone call if they win. I think I am going to give all my past hosts that show up a new season's best. I don't have any extra right now so I figure I'll just add it to their orders as a consultant gift. Can anyone think of anything else worth looking into? I could make brownies in the brownie pan or have potatoes to try with the ffc but I am still waiting on RSVPs so I am not sure how much interaction is going to be possible if it is a large group (which I am hoping for since I invited EVERY Customer from last year).

Oh I also put on the flyer that if you couldn't make it, I'd be drawing a name from all the on line orders for a new free product as well. I've had 6 yeses so far and two people call asking for books to look/pass around since they can't make it. So I am hoping that I can get two shows out of this party. This is likely the last party before the baby arrives (assuming the baby stays put until the party is over this weekend). Plus I have a potential recruit coming to help me out with the party. I explained that this is well above and beyond anything that I would do at a normal show but I wanted to do something special for my 1st year in business. I told her I'd give her a new spring product for helping me with the show since I have to play host and consultant. So I am hoping she will help me stay on task and get everyone out of the house in about 2 hrs tops. :)

When I have done a Mystery Host Show, the winner receives ALL the benefits. If she chooses to take advantage of them, is up to her. Keep in mind that these are your best customers and previous hosts (I'm assuming) so they already love the products and know how our benefits program works. I have tons of customers/hosts that would LOVE to get our cookware at 60% off. At your event, I would do a demo using the cookware-use the rice demo seen on Chef Success, burn some cheese or a caramel or simply make some Garlic Bites in it. This will increase their desire for it and show how awesome it really is!I give away tickets at mine for the prizes along with a small thank you gift. They get tickets for coming, RSVPing, bringing a friend, every $25 in orders, extra tickets for booking a show, and even more if they sign up. HTH

Maybe have different boxes or containers of some sort that are labeled the different benefits. Then have people win tickets based on games, ordering, bookings, etc. Then they choose which boxes they want their tickets to go in. Then those who want that cookware discount will go for that box, those who want the free stuff will go for those. Have you had the Chicago Hot Dog Bites before? I made these the other night and was not impressed. My family would rather I had just made pigs in a blanket instead and skip the toppings, except the cheese. I don't think I'll be making that recipe again. But that's me...your mileage may vary. ;)

One thing I'm thinking of making for my Season Kick-Off in March is the chicken wraps. They will be easy to have made ahead, then all I need to do is warm them up a little before the show and then grill them real quick.Then that showcases the grill pan & press which could lead to bookings or purchases of the set.

On the flyer I send out, I did say that you would get tickets by rsvping by x date, bringing a friend, outside order, spending over $60, booking a show. I thought about making the wraps but I wasn't sure how far they would stretch. Looks like my updated rsvps is somewhere between 10 and 16 with a few days to go until the rsvp deadline (not that I enforce that but I am giving extra tickets for rsvping by Friday). I have some people rsvping on fb and I don't like to count them as definites until I actually see them but I tried to factor some of them into the head count. I was hoping to get over $650 in sales and then break up the host benefits in some way. I like the boxes idea. If I got over a $650 in sales, I figured I could split the free product 2 ways and give each winner a 60% off cookware and then give away 50% off items separately. But I am also paying with doing this as two shows and separating on line orders out of the cooking show. But I'd have to run the numbers. Either way, I'd have at least 2 60% off cookware items to give away plus free product and perhaps some 50% off items and the discount. But I am really liking the boxes for entering. That could make it more fun and like you said people might be more likely to be excited if they won what they entered for. :)I haven't made the chicago hot dog bites yet. I guess I should try those out ahead of time. Thanks for the feedback.

babywings76 said:
Maybe have different boxes or containers of some sort that are labeled the different benefits. Then have people win tickets based on games, ordering, bookings, etc. Then they choose which boxes they want their tickets to go in. Then those who want that cookware discount will go for that box, those who want the free stuff will go for those.

Have you had the Chicago Hot Dog Bites before? I made these the other night and was not impressed. My family would rather I had just made pigs in a blanket instead and skip the toppings, except the cheese. I don't think I'll be making that recipe again. But that's me...your mileage may vary. ;)

Amanda, I really like your idea of the different boxes! I think I'll do this instead of giving all the benefits to one person. Thanks! :blushing:

I just wanted to update. The party was today. I had only 1 online order going into the show. I did the one time drawing for free shipping, the queen of the shoppers game for prize, and the LR game for 3 different prizes. I gave all past hosts a new season's best. I ended up with over $1300 in sales. I am splitting it into two shows to submit since I am not sure if I'll get another show for March. I got 3 catalog bookings which was what I was looking for (baby due this month; not doing shows in April). I am made a fruit salad, the cherry lemon crumble cake in the dcb and the chicago hot dog bites. I just demoed the cake and the rest was premade. Rave reviews all around. I am now just waiting on my winners to pick their prizes. I did put a lot of money into the show (invites, food) but I made it back and I got 3 bookings so I feel like it was a success. I might do something similar next year. I don't think I would do it with each season change as the upfront cost is a bit much but it served its purpose this time.

1. What is a Customer Appreciation Party?

A Customer Appreciation Party is an event hosted by a business or organization to show gratitude and appreciation to their customers. It can include activities, entertainment, food, and special discounts or promotions as a way to thank customers for their loyalty and support.

2. Who can attend a Customer Appreciation Party?

Typically, all customers of the business or organization are invited to attend a Customer Appreciation Party. Some parties may have specific criteria for attendance, such as being a member or having made a certain number of purchases, so it is best to check with the host for details.

3. Is there a cost to attend a Customer Appreciation Party?

Most Customer Appreciation Parties are free for customers to attend. However, some businesses may require tickets or have a small fee for entry. It is best to check with the host for any costs associated with attending the party.

4. What can I expect at a Customer Appreciation Party?

A Customer Appreciation Party can include a variety of activities and offerings, such as live music, games, food and drinks, raffles or giveaways, and special discounts or promotions. The specific details may vary depending on the host and the type of business or organization.

5. How can I RSVP for a Customer Appreciation Party?

To RSVP for a Customer Appreciation Party, you can usually do so through the host's website or by contacting them directly. Some parties may also require tickets or have a registration process, so it is best to follow the instructions provided by the host to secure your spot at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • andrealynne719