• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curry Stain on Bamboo Utensils

In summary, to remove a curry stain from bamboo utensils, create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water, apply it to the stain, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then gently scrub and rinse. The stain should not affect the quality of the utensils, but it is important to remove it quickly. Bleach should not be used, and it is best to avoid heavily pigmented foods when using the utensils. Stick to gentle cleaning methods and avoid harsh chemicals.
akrebecca
Silver Member
One of my hosts used her new bamboo utensils to cook some food with curry. The curry has stained the spoon and the host asked what she could do to remove the stain. I suggested baking soda. Any one else have any suggestions?

I would suggest soaking it in soapy water. The BB spoons can go in the DW. I have found that when they or the scrapers have stained after using and washing them a few times the stain fades and goes away. I would think that would happen with curry stain too.

...but it's a kitchen use spoon anyway so what difference does it make really? It's not like she's using it to serve her guests or eating off the spoon.

BethCooks4U said:
...but it's a kitchen use spoon anyway so what difference does it make really? It's not like she's using it to serve her guests or eating off the spoon.

That was my thought too...but for her, it is more of a "My spoons are brand new and now they are stained." I did explain that with use the stains should go away. I also suggested using a baking soda paste & letting it sit.

It does say in the product info with the bamboo products, that curry dishes will stain! Do you think she missed reading it?

The tumeric in the curry will stain anything it touches!!

one of mine is stained with curry too - I think it just gives it character! :) Kind of like our seasoned stones!

donnathepamperedchef said:
It does say in the product info with the bamboo products, that curry dishes will stain! Do you think she missed reading it?

I know I missed it! I will let her know that in the product info it does state that. We'll see how it goes!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the curry stain on your bamboo utensils. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have a few suggestions that may help remove the stain. First, try using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water to make a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the stained area and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off with warm water. You can also try using a mixture of white vinegar and water in the same way.Another option is to try using a dish soap with a degreasing agent, such as Dawn dish soap. Apply a small amount to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off.If the stain persists, you can also try using a small amount of bleach diluted with water. However, be sure to test this on a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage the bamboo.I hope one of these suggestions helps remove the curry stain from your bamboo utensils. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How do I remove a curry stain from my bamboo utensils?

To remove a curry stain from your bamboo utensils, start by mixing equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a soft cloth or sponge to gently scrub the area. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean cloth.

2. Will the curry stain affect the quality of my bamboo utensils?

No, the curry stain should not affect the quality of your bamboo utensils. However, it is important to remove the stain as soon as possible to prevent it from setting in and becoming more difficult to remove.

3. Can I use bleach to remove a curry stain from my bamboo utensils?

No, bleach should not be used to remove a curry stain from bamboo utensils. Bleach can damage the bamboo fibers and cause discoloration. Stick to gentle, natural cleaning methods like the baking soda paste mentioned above.

4. How can I prevent curry stains on my bamboo utensils in the future?

To prevent curry stains on your bamboo utensils, it is best to avoid using them when cooking with curry or other heavily pigmented foods. If you do use them, rinse them off immediately after use and follow the cleaning method mentioned above. You can also try using a protective oil or wax on your utensils to create a barrier against stains.

5. Are there any specific cleaning products I should use on my bamboo utensils?

It is best to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on bamboo utensils. Stick to gentle, natural cleaning methods like the baking soda paste mentioned above. You can also use a mild dish soap and warm water to clean your bamboo utensils. Avoid soaking them in water for extended periods of time as this can cause warping or cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies