• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curry Stain on Bamboo Utensils

akrebecca

Rebecca M.
Silver Member
Sep 20, 2008
One of my hosts used her new bamboo utensils to cook some food with curry. The curry has stained the spoon and the host asked what she could do to remove the stain. I suggested baking soda. Any one else have any suggestions?

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I would suggest soaking it in soapy water. The BB spoons can go in the DW. I have found that when they or the scrapers have stained after using and washing them a few times the stain fades and goes away. I would think that would happen with curry stain too.

...but it's a kitchen use spoon anyway so what difference does it make really? It's not like she's using it to serve her guests or eating off the spoon.

akrebecca

Rebecca M.
Silver Member
Sep 20, 2008
...but it's a kitchen use spoon anyway so what difference does it make really? It's not like she's using it to serve her guests or eating off the spoon.

That was my thought too...but for her, it is more of a "My spoons are brand new and now they are stained." I did explain that with use the stains should go away. I also suggested using a baking soda paste & letting it sit.

Apr 22, 2010
It does say in the product info with the bamboo products, that curry dishes will stain! Do you think she missed reading it?

shelly.nurse

May 28, 2009
The tumeric in the curry will stain anything it touches!!

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
one of mine is stained with curry too - I think it just gives it character! :) Kind of like our seasoned stones!

akrebecca

Rebecca M.
Silver Member
Sep 20, 2008
It does say in the product info with the bamboo products, that curry dishes will stain! Do you think she missed reading it?

I know I missed it! I will let her know that in the product info it does state that. We'll see how it goes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Patrick O'Sullivan
Replies
Views
Casandra Crane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views