• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demoing Bistro Steak & Potatoes with Dill Caper Sauce

In summary, the author is an expert summarizer of content. She does not respond and reply to questions. She only provides a summary of the content.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
Ok, i do not have the recipe cards, but there are a few recipes that i would love to demo does anyone have the grilling recipe card for the Bistro steak and potatoes, dill caper sauce

I saw something on Cooking with Rachel Ray that looks similar to the potatoes in the KCN instead of the red potatoes though she just slices idaho potatoes about 1/4 inch thick drizzled olive oil and chives and dill popped in oven and then when came out of oven she put a dab of sour cream and cream cheese with dill mixture on it and served. I was thinking how easy to do on rect stone or even pizza stone. And then i saw the dill caper sauce mentioned in KCN and wanted to try it with that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. that would be a huge selling demo... stone, USG, dill seasoning etc...

I don't have the recipe, but I just wanted to say that I love 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray!! She is awesome.

I have them but unfortunately I'm at work and do not have access to them. If noone posts the recipe for you, I will post when I get home from work :)

KcnThanks... let me know! I know i love her too. i don't get to watch her that often though!

OK here it is as promised!!Bistro Steak & Potatoes
2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1-2 Teaspoons finely snipped fresh chives
12Petite new potatoes
1/4 Cup water
6 Garlic cloves, pressed
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
4 Beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 6 oz each)
Additional snipped chives (optional)

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Combine blue cheese, butter and chives in Small Batter Bowl; mix until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. Using Vegetable Peeler, peel one strip of skin from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in Rice Cooker Plus; cover. Microwave on High 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pirced with a fork; drain and cool slightly. Thread potatoes onto four 12-inch skewers.

3. Combine garlic pressed with Garlic Press, oil, salt, and black pepper. Brush half of the oil mixture over potatoes using the Pastry Brush. Rub remaining oil mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks on center of grid of grill and surround with kebabs. Grill, uncovered, 8-12 minutes for medium rare (145) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally using Barbeque Tongs.

4. Remove steaks and potatoes from grill to serving platter. Top each steak with reserved blue cheese mixture; let stand 5 minutes. Remove potatoes from skewers and serve with steaks. Garnish with additional snipped chives, if desired.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Microwave Time: 5-6 minutes
Grill Time: 8-12 minutes

I have no idea how to do that. I will send the one I just typed as long as I don't have to re-type. I have a broken right arm so it is hard for me to do. Can you help?

kcn recipethank you so much!!! I am sorry about your arm!

Debbie:

I added the recipe to the database. It required a bit of cut and pasting, which I would imagine wouldn't be as easy as it sounds with your arm!! I hope it gets better soon.

BTW, Rachel Ray is my hero! She has a GREAT children's book that my daughter received as a gift. I highly recommend it! ;)

chefmary said:
BTW, Rachel Ray is my hero! She has a GREAT children's book that my daughter received as a gift. I highly recommend it! ;)

I love Rachael Ray too. I got to meet her in April when she did a book signing and a 30 minute meal demonstration! She's just as cute and bubbly in person. I told her I'm a Consultant and she said "Oooh, I love Pampered Chef!" Too bad I didn't slip her a business card. :) I was so excited to be meeting her that I totally forgot! She signed my "Get Togethers" cookbook. :D

What ingredients do I need to make Bistro Steak & Potatoes with Dill Caper Sauce?

You will need 1lb of bistro steak, 4 medium sized potatoes, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, 1/4 cup of diced shallots, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill, 2 tablespoons of capers, 1/4 cup of beef broth, and 1/4 cup of heavy cream.

How do I properly cook the bistro steak?

The bistro steak should be cooked for about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Make sure to let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.

Can I substitute the bistro steak with a different cut of beef?

Yes, you can use a different cut of beef such as flank steak or sirloin steak. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I use dried dill instead of fresh dill?

While fresh dill is recommended for the best flavor, you can use dried dill as a substitute. Use 1 tablespoon of dried dill for every 1/4 cup of fresh dill.

How do I make the dill caper sauce?

To make the dill caper sauce, heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the shallots until they are soft. Then, add in the dill and capers and cook for another minute. Pour in the beef broth and heavy cream, and let it simmer until it thickens. Serve over the bistro steak and potatoes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
  • JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ragschef