1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Current KCN Recipe

Tags:
  1. cookinthehouse

cookinthehouse Member Silver Member

Ok, i do not have the recipe cards, but there are a few recipes that i would love to demo does anyone have the grilling recipe card for the Bistro steak and potatoes, dill caper sauce

I saw something on Cooking with Rachel Ray that looks similar to the potatoes in the KCN instead of the red potatoes though she just slices idaho potatoes about 1/4 inch thick drizzled olive oil and chives and dill popped in oven and then when came out of oven she put a dab of sour cream and cream cheese with dill mixture on it and served. I was thinking how easy to do on rect stone or even pizza stone. And then i saw the dill caper sauce mentioned in KCN and wanted to try it with that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. that would be a huge selling demo... stone, USG, dill seasoning etc...

2. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

I don't have the recipe, but I just wanted to say that I love 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray!! She is awesome.

Jul 6, 2005
  3. DebbieSM

DebbieSM Member

I have them but unfortunately I'm at work and do not have access to them. If noone posts the recipe for you, I will post when I get home from work :)

Jul 6, 2005
  4. cookinthehouse

Kcn

Thanks... let me know! I know i love her too. i don't get to watch her that often though!

5. DebbieSM

DebbieSM Member

OK here it is as promised!!

Bistro Steak & Potatoes
    2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
    2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
    1-2 Teaspoons finely snipped fresh chives
    12Petite new potatoes
    1/4 Cup water
    6 Garlic cloves, pressed
    1 Tablespoon olive oil
    1 Teaspoon salt
    1/2 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
    4 Beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 6 oz each)
    Additional snipped chives (optional)

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Combine blue cheese, butter and chives in Small Batter Bowl; mix until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. Using Vegetable Peeler, peel one strip of skin from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in Rice Cooker Plus; cover. Microwave on High 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pirced with a fork; drain and cool slightly. Thread potatoes onto four 12-inch skewers.

3. Combine garlic pressed with Garlic Press, oil, salt, and black pepper. Brush half of the oil mixture over potatoes using the Pastry Brush. Rub remaining oil mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks on center of grid of grill and surround with kebabs. Grill, uncovered, 8-12 minutes for medium rare (145) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally using Barbeque Tongs.

4. Remove steaks and potatoes from grill to serving platter. Top each steak with reserved blue cheese mixture; let stand 5 minutes. Remove potatoes from skewers and serve with steaks. Garnish with additional snipped chives, if desired.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Microwave Time: 5-6 minutes
    Grill Time: 8-12 minutes

Jul 6, 2005
  6. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Jul 6, 2005
  7. DebbieSM

DebbieSM Member

I have no idea how to do that. I will send the one I just typed as long as I don't have to re-type. I have a broken right arm so it is hard for me to do. Can you help?

Jul 6, 2005
  8. cookinthehouse

kcn recipe

thank you so much!!! I am sorry about your arm!

9. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

Debbie:

I added the recipe to the database. It required a bit of cut and pasting, which I would imagine wouldn't be as easy as it sounds with your arm!! I hope it gets better soon.

BTW, Rachel Ray is my hero! She has a GREAT children's book that my daughter received as a gift. I highly recommend it! ;)

Jul 7, 2005
  10. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I love Rachael Ray too. I got to meet her in April when she did a book signing and a 30 minute meal demonstration! She's just as cute and bubbly in person. I told her I'm a Consultant and she said "Oooh, I love Pampered Chef!" Too bad I didn't slip her a business card. :) I was so excited to be meeting her that I totally forgot! She signed my "Get Togethers" cookbook. :D

Have something to add?