• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Half an Onion Enough for This Cucumber Lime Demo Recipe?

In summary, -Quarter the small onion and add half to the MFP with half of the cucumber.-Use a large cucumber! -Use a small onion! -Use a small piece of garlic (wow did we all smell like we'd been in a Middle Eastern Restaurant!)-This dip, we determined, is better eaten when it's made rather than letting it sit and infuse flavor. The garlic became so overpowering.-Add a dash of sugar!-Slice cucumber on setting 3 for dipping-works perfectly
cochef
Gold Member
The recipe says to quarter the small onion and add half to the MFP with half of the cucumber. Is that all the onion you use? The other half is just left over? I am doing this tomorrow and just want to be sure I am reading it right. Thanks.

Yes, and I just did this recipe for our team meeting Wednesday. Here are a few things we discovered.
-Use a large cucumber!
-Use a small onion!
-Use a small piece of garlic (wow did we all smell like we'd been in a Middle Eastern Restaurant!)
-This dip, we determined, is better eaten when it's made rather than letting it sit and infuse flavor. The garlic became so overpowering.
-Add a dash of sugar!
-Slice cucumber on setting 3 for dipping-works perfectlyIt's a great demo, dirt cheap (cost $4.10 for everything including buying a head of garlic).

seeding cuke with apple wedger.jpg
this is an another way to seed that cucumber for this demo!

I was interested in this post since I plan to use this at my first party in two weeks.
I've made this twice.The first time it was horrible and neither my two taste testers or myself went back for seconds.
I tried it again after liking it at a team meeting.
This time I used small cucumbers ( I can't remember what type but they come four to a package) as was used at the meeting and garlic salt since my garlic had gone bad.
It was excellent. This time my taste testers and I couldn't get enough.I agree that this dip is best eaten right away

Thanks for all the ideas. It came out ok but I forgot the salt & pepper. That might have added a bit. The host ended up using it for sandwich
spread!! I took "a hint of salt" Triscuits and thought it was good with those.

Since I avoid dairy, I've avoided this recipe until yesterday. I made it for my family, using a tofu cream cheese sustitute (which I usually do NOT like). It.was.AWESOME! I forgot to seed the cuke first, just tossed it in the MFP in chunks. I LOVE the apple wedger idea & will do that for demos. Thanks for that!

Thanks Suzanne- it's always great to know about dairy free options for our recipes. If you have any other tips for other recipes- please share.

I forgot to add that I peeled the cucumber!!

What is the "Cucumber Lime Demo"?

The "Cucumber Lime Demo" is a Pampered Chef recipe that uses our products to create a refreshing and healthy cucumber lime salad.

What ingredients are needed for the "Cucumber Lime Demo"?

The ingredients for the "Cucumber Lime Demo" include cucumbers, limes, red onion, cilantro, salt, and our Pampered Chef Lemon Lime Rub.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the "Cucumber Lime Demo"?

Yes, you can substitute any ingredients in the recipe to fit your dietary restrictions or personal preferences. For example, you can use a different type of onion or leave out the cilantro if you do not like it.

What Pampered Chef products are used in the "Cucumber Lime Demo"?

The "Cucumber Lime Demo" uses our Pampered Chef Citrus Press to juice the limes and our Lemon Lime Rub to add flavor to the salad.

Where can I find the full recipe for the "Cucumber Lime Demo"?

You can find the full recipe for the "Cucumber Lime Demo" on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe booklets. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a copy of the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • jrstephens