• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cta 3 Day Fun Pass - Is This Good?

In summary, the author is recommending that the reader take the CTA bus instead of the El to get to and from the Loop. The No. 3 CTA bus stops right in front of the hotel, and goes to all the places we'd like to go - Michigan Ave, etc...The author also recommends purchasing a bus pass when arriving in town. They arrived on Amtrak, and can buy their passes right at Union Station.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We are staying at the McCormick Hyatt - and were planning on taking a shuttle to one of the other hotels, and then taxi's back to our hotel....but then I found this deal, and checked, and the No. 3 CTA Bus stops right in front of the hotel, and goes to all the places we'd like to go - Michigan Ave, etc...For those more familiar with traveling around Chicago - is this a good way to go? Is the bus system safe in the evening? (Sorry if that's a stupid question - but it's coming from someone completely unfamiliar with public transit!)ETA: This was in a review about getting around from the McCormick Hyatt:we recomment that patrons take the CTA bus vs. the El for getting to/from the Loop. The #3 stops right in front of the hotel and takes you up and down North Michigan Ave. by Grant Park and the Magnificent Mile.

Last edited:
Every year I've went previously, I've taken the bus or L anywhere and everywhere...even at night. BUT I wouldn't recommend traveling alone on public transportation, especially at night. I'm just overly cautious (read: paranoid) like that. But the bus and the L are my preferred mode of transport...much cheaper than a taxi (then you can use the extra money for shopping and food!!!)

When I lived in Chicago, I would only take the L or the Bus, by myself and even at night. But then again, I am a city girl through and through, so strange people don't bother me :D

The Hyatt at McCornmick also has a shuttle bus that runs until 7pm...or later do not remember...it takes you downtown. You would still need a ride home depending on the hour.

I highly recommend this bus pass! We "discovered it" year before last and it really saves your tootsies! (Like when you're having a blast walking down Michigan Avenue, stop and have a great meal and then dread the walk BACK to the hotel. It also allows you to venture a little further and explore the city just a little more. The drivers and other passengers are VERY helpful and will look out for you and help you make the right stops, transfers. There is a small grocery store across from the Sheraton where we go and pick up the pass. I think it's like $5 or something (lots cheaper than a buck each time you get on). As far as safety, there have always been 3 or 4 of us, and we've never felt unsafe, even at night. HTH!

straitfan said:
I highly recommend this bus pass! We "discovered it" year before last and it really saves your tootsies! (Like when you're having a blast walking down Michigan Avenue, stop and have a great meal and then dread the walk BACK to the hotel. It also allows you to venture a little further and explore the city just a little more. The drivers and other passengers are VERY helpful and will look out for you and help you make the right stops, transfers. There is a small grocery store across from the Sheraton where we go and pick up the pass. I think it's like $5 or something (lots cheaper than a buck each time you get on).

As far as safety, there have always been 3 or 4 of us, and we've never felt unsafe, even at night.

HTH!

Yes, the one day pass is $5.75...but you can also get a 3 day pass for $14.75, which is what we were thinking of doing, since we have 3 nights free! (except for my director, who has a dinner the first night). It's so fun to think that we'll have time to explore Chicago this time! We usually don't have any time for that.

We are coming in on the Amtrak, and can buy our passes right at Union Station when we arrive. LOVE that!

Thanks so much for confirming that it's a good deal!

Hmmmmmm, I was thinking we had the 3 day for five bucks but just went and checked my old receipts and it was a 1 day. (24 hrs from 1st use). I guess we figured that covered all of the free time we had last year. This year we have MUCH more time to fill!!!

That is an excellent choice actually. When Pat and I used my hotel voucher several years ago, we bussed it all over the place and yes, even at night. And Candice! I surely think that everyone out here is used to strange people! I mean seriously! Look at us!

Are some attendee's taking the shuttle that the company is suggesting from the airport? Are there any other options? We are coming in at 830 on Monday night!
Thanks
:)

Following up on the person asking about transport from the airport: has anyone found a good way to get from Union Station to McCormick? We're coming in on Megabus, and had been thinking about getting a cab from there, but if we can get it cheaper ...:)

SpiritdancerIA said:
Following up on the person asking about transport from the airport: has anyone found a good way to get from Union Station to McCormick? We're coming in on Megabus, and had been thinking about getting a cab from there, but if we can get it cheaper ...:)

We're going to use the CTA Bus pass for the week, but coming from Union Station to McCormick Hyatt (we're coming in on the Amtrak) we're taking a cab - because of our luggage.

What is a Cta 3 Day Fun Pass?

A Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is a ticket that allows you to have unlimited rides on Chicago's Cta buses and trains for three consecutive days. It is a convenient and cost-effective way to explore the city.

How much does a Cta 3 Day Fun Pass cost?

The cost of a Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is $20. This includes unlimited rides on all Cta buses and trains for three days.

Where can I purchase a Cta 3 Day Fun Pass?

You can purchase a Cta 3 Day Fun Pass at any Cta station, on the Cta website, or at select retailers throughout the city. You can also purchase it on the Cta mobile app.

Is the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass a good deal?

Yes, the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is a great deal for those who plan on using public transportation frequently during their visit to Chicago. It offers unlimited rides for three days at a fixed price, which can save you money compared to purchasing individual fares for each ride.

Can I share my Cta 3 Day Fun Pass with someone else?

No, the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is non-transferable and can only be used by the person who purchased it. If you are traveling with a group, each person will need to purchase their own pass.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef