• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Cta 3 Day Fun Pass - Is This Good? X-Post From Cs...

In summary, the McCormick Hyatt is recommended as a good place to stay in Chicago. The No. 3 CTA Bus stops in front of the hotel and goes to popular destinations like Michigan Ave and Grant Park. The bus system is considered safe, even in the evening. It is recommended to research the bus route numbers before leaving and the bus stops are clearly marked with numbers and descriptions. It is also possible to ask the bus driver for assistance.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We are staying at the McCormick Hyatt - and were planning on taking a shuttle to one of the other hotels, and then taxi's back to our hotel....but then I found this deal, and checked, and the No. 3 CTA Bus stops right in front of the hotel, and goes to all the places we'd like to go - Michigan Ave, etc...

For those more familiar with traveling around Chicago - is this a good way to go? Is the bus system safe in the evening? (Sorry if that's a stupid question - but it's coming from someone completely unfamiliar with public transit!)

ETA: This was in a review about getting around from the McCormick Hyatt:

we recomment that patrons take the CTA bus vs. the El for getting to/from the Loop. The #3 stops right in front of the hotel and takes you up and down North Michigan Ave. by Grant Park and the Magnificent Mile.

The bus is totally safe. One year when the CS meet up was at the Sheraton, I took the bus back to the Hilton in the wee hours of the morning and was fine.Granted, I am a city girl and am comfortable with this. I grew up here in Chicagoland, hung out in the city A LOT after college, lived in Los Angeles for 6 years, worked at a public school in LA located in a "barrio"....so your comfort level might be different than mine.

I'd be with a group...and there's safety in numbers!

Okay - so another question...are the buses clearly marked for people who don't know where they are going? I mean - will we be able to find a bus back to the McCormick when we want to head back? (don't laugh!)

DebbieJ said:
Granted, I am a city girl and am comfortable with this. I grew up here in Chicagoland, hung out in the city A LOT after college, lived in Los Angeles for 6 years, worked at a public school in LA located in a "barrio"....so your comfort level might be different than mine.

Too cool! I lived in LA too after college for 8 years! :)

finley1991 said:
Too cool! I lived in LA too after college for 8 years! :)

Yes, remember I went to CSUN for grad school? And you just recently gave up your 818 #. :D

Chefbeckyd said:
I'd be with a group...and there's safety in numbers!Okay - so another question...are the buses clearly marked for people who don't know where they are going? I mean - will we be able to find a bus back to the McCormick when we want to head back? (don't laugh!)
I would research the bus route #s before you leave. www.transitchicago.com. Just look for your number and know where the stops are. The bus stops are marked on the streets with numbers and a short description and you can always ask the bus driver (although some are nicer than others).

Thanks Deb, that was exactly what I needed to know.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, remember I went to CSUN for grad school? And you just recently gave up your 818 #. :D

As soon as I wrote that I remembered!!!! :D

and here is a what a bus stop sign looks like. If that stop is served by more than one route, there will be multiple numbers on the sign.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2621762391_43d78f5d6d.jpg

1. Is the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass worth the cost?

It depends on how often you plan on using public transportation during those 3 days. If you will be taking multiple trips on the CTA, then it can definitely save you money compared to paying for each trip individually.

2. What does the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass include?

The Cta 3 Day Fun Pass includes unlimited rides on all CTA buses and trains for 3 consecutive days. It does not include rides on Metra trains or Pace buses.

3. Can I share the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass with someone else?

No, the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is non-transferable and can only be used by one person. Each person will need their own pass in order to ride the CTA.

4. Where can I purchase the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass?

The Cta 3 Day Fun Pass can be purchased at any CTA station, online through the CTA website, or through various retail locations such as Walgreens and CVS.

5. Can I use the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass for the entire weekend?

Yes, the Cta 3 Day Fun Pass is valid for 3 consecutive days, so if you purchase it on a Friday, it will be valid for the entire weekend until Sunday night.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef