• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ct Spring Launch Is Officially Cancelled

I grew up in MD and now live in PA. I know that here in Southern PA they don't start plowing until AFTER the snow is done. (A 40 min drive home turns into a 1hr 15min drive in 2-3" snow.)It was a shock when I went to college in Rochester, NY how they handle snow. They plow WHILE it is snowing and the roads are very passable. I remember my first real snow in Rochester, they were calling for 8-10" and there was already 2-4" down. I needed to run to a fabric store so I called to ask what time they were closing (thinking they would close early (like stores in MD did when it
NRcritques
Gold Member
Officially Cancelled due to the upcoming blizzard....they are refunding money and mailing out the goodie bags....check email to all that registered

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CT Spring Launch is....Aw, darn! But I can understand the safety concerns. :(

Re: CT Spring Launch is....I am very happy to see this. It looks like it's going to be awful.

Re: CT Spring Launch is....At least they have enough time to get the word out before folks start trying to leave on Friday.
Sorry for those who missed out though....Don't fret.. between CC's "The Dish", the product DVD, and YouTube clips that a few of the NEDs post (Patti Mocerino mostly), you'll at least be able to get some of it.

I'm sorry!!! :(

Yes, I would love to have gone to SL, but I am not sorry they cancelled it. We will get a refund and will get a goody bag. I actually feel much better that they did put all of our safety first. This thing looks like a monster.

Stay safe. I hear it's going to be brutal

storms that come from the south for us usually are (those are the ones we've gotten 2' of snow or lots of ice)...so I wonder if it will be as bad for them too. Hope it's not!Stock up and be ready.

esavvymom said:
storms that come from the south for us usually are (those are the ones we've gotten 2' of snow or lots of ice)...so I wonder if it will be as bad for them too. Hope it's not!

Stock up and be ready.

Sorry but I have to laugh. Having lived in NC for 15 years I can say that you have no idea what is in store for them. They close things down with the threat of snow or ice in NC. One winter it snowed 2 inches and the schools stayed closed or 2 full weeks because it stayed cold and some parts of the county still had snow on the ground where the buses were parked and they were afraid for the buses (I guess they never heard of shovels). SHM

Since I have been in WI we have had at least 6 snowfalls that would have paralized NC but those didn't even slow anything down here. The storm they are talking about is worse than any ice storm and as bad as any hurricaine that NC could get and much worse than anything we've had here so far this year. To those in that part of the country - stay safe and stay in if you can!

BethCooks4U said:
Since I have been in WI we have had at least 6 snowfalls that would have paralized NC but those didn't even slow anything down here.

We've had a very easy winter :)

Admin Greg said:
We've had a very easy winter :)

yes we have! (Thankfully) but it would be considered a VERY hard winter in most of NC.

BethCooks4U said:
Sorry but I have to laugh. Having lived in NC for 15 years I can say that you have no idea what is in store for them. They close things down with the threat of snow or ice in NC. One winter it snowed 2 inches and the schools stayed closed or 2 full weeks because it stayed cold and some parts of the county still had snow on the ground where the buses were parked and they were afraid for the buses (I guess they never heard of shovels). SHM

Since I have been in WI we have had at least 6 snowfalls that would have paralized NC but those didn't even slow anything down here. The storm they are talking about is worse than any ice storm and as bad as any hurricaine that NC could get and much worse than anything we've had here so far this year. To those in that part of the country - stay safe and stay in if you can!

I grew up in MD and now live in PA. I know that here in Southern PA they don't start plowing until AFTER the snow is done. (A 40 min drive home turns into a 1hr 15min drive in 2-3" snow.)

It was a shock when I went to college in Rochester, NY how they handle snow. They plow WHILE it is snowing and the roads are very passable. I remember my first real snow in Rochester, they were calling for 8-10" and there was already 2-4" down. I needed to run to a fabric store so I called to ask what time they were closing (thinking they would close early (like stores in MD did when it snowed like that)). They replied "9pm" and I questioned about the snow and they laughed and said no, they did not close early due to only 8" of snow. I was shocked at how clear the roads were to get to the store.

DH grew up near Rochester. When we moved to PA, during our first snow that winter, they had news reports from the grocery store about bread, milk and eggs running out. He couldn't stop laughing. He asked me why they were doing live coverages from the grocery stores and why was everyone running to the store! Now that we have lived here 17 years he still cannot believe they wait to treat the roads or clear them.

The problem with the snow in the northern states is when it comes so fast and hard that they can't keep up. The only time anything shut down during the 3 yrs I lived in Rochester is when we got 3 feet in a short period of time.

If they are concerned about it in the northern states, it will be bad!

So, stay safe everyone!

Kathleen, those are some of the same feelings we had in NC but to be fair, they (NC) don't get much snow at all so it would be foolish to have a lot of snow removal equipment. Besides it's usually gone the next day.

Here I live in a neighborhood on a cul de sac - only neighbors traveling on our street (AND it's all new homes, some not even occupied). The plows are through our street pretty early on and more than once. Totally different than the similar neighborhood in NC. Our saving grace there was one of our close neighbors was a fireman/paramedic so our street was done right after the main streets.

This is too funny - schools here in Howard Co, MD (just south of Baltimore) had a 2 hour delay this morning. Where we are it was just rain, but I think it must have been sleeting farther out in the county. Seriously, we just laughed!To all in the Northeast part of the country - stay safe and warm. Hope your electricity stays on!

I still have power, but it's flickered a few times. My parents (30 min south) have lost theirs. The snow thunder (with crazy blue lightning!) is amazing.

1. What is the reason for the cancellation of the CT Spring Launch?

The CT Spring Launch has been cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and well-being of our consultants and customers is our top priority, and we have decided to cancel the event to prevent any potential spread of the virus.

2. Will there be a virtual alternative for the CT Spring Launch?

Yes, we are currently exploring options for a virtual alternative to the CT Spring Launch. We understand the importance of this event for our consultants and customers, and we want to provide an alternative way for everyone to still experience the new products and updates.

3. Will the new products still be released even though the launch is cancelled?

Yes, the new products will still be released as planned. Our consultants will be able to access and order them through their online accounts. We will also be sharing information and updates about the new products through our social media channels.

4. Will the CT Spring Launch be rescheduled for a later date?

At this time, we do not have plans to reschedule the CT Spring Launch. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and make any necessary updates or changes. We will also keep our consultants and customers informed of any updates regarding the launch.

5. Can I get a refund for my ticket to the CT Spring Launch?

If you have purchased a ticket to the CT Spring Launch, you will automatically receive a full refund. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process. If you have not received your refund after this time, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef tso
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • algdoughty
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies