• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Cups ?

In summary, the person is in need of a recipe for a family reunion and is considering making crunchy buffalo chicken cups but is unsure about how well they would hold up or travel. They also mention making candy corn fudge and a pumpkin-shaped cheese ball. They have some concerns about the reunion being an hour away from their home and needing a dish that will hold up during church and the drive. They mention having made a pumpkin roll in the past but wanting something different and unique. Another person responds with advice on how to keep the crunchy buffalo chicken cups warm during the reunion using sterno. Raymond also asks what the person ended up doing.
keynibear
I am in need of an idea for a recipe for a family reunion this weekend.

I haven't yet tried the crunchy buffalo chicken cups, but I am wondering how well they would hold up, and if they would travel well. I know they are served warm, but I am wondering how thye would taste at room tempature or slightly cooler tempature. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

I am going to be making the candy corn fudge to take along, but I wanted to take something else that isn't a dessert. I was also thinking about the cheese ball that looks like a pumpkin.

I do have a bit of an issue though. The reunion is on Sunday afternoon, about an hour away from where we live. We will be going to church first, and leaving church early. So I am going to need something that will be okay during church, and then also okay on the hour drive. What ever I take I can leave in the fridge at church if necessary, during service and just grab it before we leave.

I made a pumpkin roll last year, and it was gone with in minutes. I suppose I could do that again, but I want something different and unique.

Thanks for your help and advice.

What did you end up doing? I have made the Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Cups a few times. I think they would hold up okay if you kept the shells separate from the filling. Refrigerate your filling and then before serving put sterno under the batter bowl to warm the filling. (assuming this would be okay as long as you kept the sterno a fair distance from the batter bowl) I realize this is too late to help for your reunion, but maybe that would work for next time.Peace,
Ray

How about trying a loaded potato salad? It's a twist on the classic potato salad and can be made ahead of time, making it perfect for your situation. Plus, it's a crowd-pleaser and can be served at room temperature or chilled.Ingredients:- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes- 1/2 cup mayonnaise- 1/4 cup sour cream- 1/4 cup ranch dressing- 1 tsp Dijon mustard- 1/4 tsp garlic powder- 1/4 tsp onion powder- 1/4 tsp paprika- Salt and pepper to taste- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled- 1/4 cup chopped green onions- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyInstructions:1. Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water until fork-tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and let cool.2. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dressing, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, dressing mixture, shredded cheese, bacon, green onions, and parsley. Stir until everything is well coated.4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.5. Serve at room temperature or chilled.You can also add any other toppings you like, such as diced tomatoes, sliced olives, or diced bell peppers. This loaded potato salad is sure to be a hit at your family reunion!

1. How do I make the buffalo chicken filling for the cups?

To make the buffalo chicken filling, you will need diced cooked chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and shredded cheese. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.

2. Can I use pre-made dough for the cups?

Yes, you can use pre-made crescent roll dough or puff pastry for the cups. Just make sure to roll it out and cut it into circles to fit into the muffin tin.

3. What kind of cheese works best for this recipe?

You can use any type of shredded cheese for this recipe, but cheddar or pepper jack are the most commonly used. You can also use a mix of different cheeses for added flavor.

4. How can I make this recipe vegetarian?

You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the chicken with diced tofu or cooked quinoa. You can also add in some extra veggies like bell peppers or mushrooms for added texture and flavor.

5. Can I make these in advance and reheat them?

Yes, you can make these buffalo chicken cups in advance and reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mary k
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • babywings76