• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crock Pot Recipes - Share Your Fave!

In summary, the person wrote a summary of a conversation about their favorite crock pot recipes. They shared two recipes, one with pork and one with sweet potatoes. They also mentioned that they have a great recipe for pork with sweet potatoes.
chefsteph07
Anyone care to share their fave crock pot recipes?
With the colder weather coming, I use it almost 3-4x a week and my recipes are stale..I just got the "Fix it and Forget it" cookbook, and they have some good things in it, but I'm curious what you all make in yours....

I make a chili in mine... ill post the recipe in just a moment

chili,
chicken spaghetti (recipe in another thread)
roast with carrots and potatoes
stew
ham and beans
pork loin with a jar of pepperocini peppers and juice poured on then shred pork for sandwiches
queso
mexican dishes
jambalaya
french onion soup
baked potato soup
spaghetti sauce
goulash

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to make Chicken Parmesan in mine. I either purchase the butterflied chicken breast or I cut my regular breasts in half and then beat them with the bottom of a skillet. I soak them in s & p, garlic powder, and buttermilk over night. Then the next day I will bread them in italian bread crumbs and egg. Fry them in a skillet to brown both sides. Then layer in the crock pot; spaghetti sauce, chicken breast, light sauce, provolone slices, shredded cheese (I've used shredded italian blend or cheddar and either worked fine - my preference - italian blend) ending with cheese. You could simmer all day or just a few hours. The chicken is mostly done because you browned it in the skillet before hand. This is so yummy!

I have a 110 page file of Weight watcher crock pot recipes.. if you want to email me I will send them.

Last edited:
I adore my crockpot and use it at least weekly.Here is my current two favorites:Easy Pork Barbecue
Pork loin, can of french onion soup (I pulverize it in the magic bullet because my husband is so picky!), 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 3 T. brown sugar
Cook about 6-8 hours on low, remove from sauce and pull with two forks. Return to sauce. I find that it's too much sauce for "small" loins, and reserve half of it. Also, I like my sauce thick, so I put it in a pot on the stove and mix in about 3 tablespoons of corn starch (mixing with cold water, first, natch) and bring to a boil for about a minute before adding the pulled pork back in.
It's great on buns or rolls... or just with a fork! It's great.Fruited Ham Slice
Since Food Lion often has center cut ham slices for 50% off (meaning a 1-1/2# slice is about $3), this has become a relatively often Sunday lunch.
Ham slice, prepared mustard, cloves (ground or whole), brown sugar, can of pineapple chunks in own juice
If using whole cloves, stud side of ham with 8-10 of them.
Otherwise, skip straight to: put ham slice in bottom of crock pot. Spread top with prepared mustard. Cover with brown sugar (1/4-1/2 cup, to taste) and sprinkle with cloves (if you didn't use whole cloves). Pour can of pineapple and juices over it, cook for about 4 hours on low, until ham heated through.
I add a tin foil "boat" of asparagus topped with cheese so that all I have to do is toss a salad when we get home from church!

I have a great recipe for pork with sweet potatoes, I think in an onion and beef broth. I need to find that recipe!! I rarely eat pork and NEVER ever eat sweet potatoes, but this recipe makes me enjoy both!! My DH's favorite!!

I love Fix It and Forget It! My favorite are:

Helen's Lasagna
Spicy Pork Chops
Italian Meatloaf

I haven't tried any I don't like!

Chili
Pork & sauerkraut
Veggie Soup
Steak & Gravy
Turkey BreastThat's all I can think of now but I know there is more.

I often throw a roast in with water and 2 packets of lipton onion soup and cook for 6-8 hours...

cookingwith_tara said:
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to make Chicken Parmesan in mine. I either purchase the butterflied chicken breast or I cut my regular breasts in half and then beat them with the bottom of a skillet. I soak them in s & p, garlic powder, and buttermilk over night. Then the next day I will bread them in italian bread crumbs and egg. Fry them in a skillet to brown both sides. Then layer in the crock pot; spaghetti sauce, chicken breast, light sauce, provolone slices, shredded cheese (I've used shredded italian blend or cheddar and either worked fine - my preference - italian blend) ending with cheese. You could simmer all day or just a few hours. The chicken is mostly done because you browned it in the skillet before hand. This is so yummy!

We've got a great Meat Tenderizer that you should try ;)

Linda, you are absolutely right! I guess I'll have to add that to my wishlist! Thanks :~D

I take Bush's baked beans and drain them, not rinse them. I add about 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon mustard, and 1 tablespoon molasses (if I have them). Mix beans and stuff. Put it in the crockpot with sausage links. I use turkey sausage or chicken sausage, but growing up, my mom used the real thing. Cook it on low for at least 6 hours. I like cooking sausage this way because the "skin" isn't tough.

The other thing I used to do that is very easy with boneless pork ribs, is:
Thinly slice a medium to large red onion. Layer some on the bottom of the crock pot
Put about three pork ribs on top of the onions
Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over the pork
Layer more onions
Layer more pork
Pour more BBQ sauce over the top.
Lay more onion slices on the top.

Cook on low for 6 hours.

I'm making a cheesy chicken soup in mine this weekend. I'm so glad it finally feels like fall out here. :) I'm making beef stew next week and lasagna soup as well.

pamperedlinda said:
We've got a great Meat Tenderizer that you should try ;)

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing!:)

Someone emailed me for the recipes I sent them and deleted the email... and then the recipes got returned and I can't try again. So if it was you please email me again I would be happy to resend them.

tabnat80 said:
I'm making a cheesy chicken soup in mine this weekend. I'm so glad it finally feels like fall out here. :) I'm making beef stew next week and lasagna soup as well.

What is lasagna soup? Sounds interesting. :balloon:

Okay this is a little different but I make oatmeal overnight in mine - 1 part oatmeal to 2 parts milk, with spices, brown sugar, apples and raisins. It's hot and ready the next morning.

Herei s one i like, but the hubby doesn't! So easy-chicken breasts, one packet of taco seasoning and one can of diced tomatos! Yummy!

I like to do chicken breast in mine, I just add bbq sauce, s&p, and some garlic, and by the time I get home from work its so tender, I use the mix & chop and chop at it a bit and we have yummy bbq sandwiches. it makes enough that we can eat then I have left overs for lunch for a couple days.

This is going to be long, but I'll see if it'll work. It was an email I got last week with links to a ton of crockpot recipes...I thought it was great!

Nevermind, it wouldn't include the links....I can forward it if you'd like.

I have "adopted" a new recipe for Pot Roast in my CP that I LOVE...it makes its own gravy and it's just too yummy. I pick up a chuck roast from the store and then pick a day for that week when I know I need a "fix it and forget it" meal...and with the colder weather around the corner I know I'll make this one pretty often!

Lightly brown the roast on both sides in a skillet on your stovetop. I use pepper to add a little flavor while I'm browning.
Move the roast to the crock pot and add:
1 packet of dry onion soup mix (I've been using beefy onion)
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups of Coca-Cola (I'm sure you could use "any" cola drink)

Set on low for 11 hours. Serve with veggies and mashed potatoes, and hot biscuits! If you want, add sliced carrots and potato chunks to the mix when you are setting it up in the morning, and that way your potatos and veggies are already cooked, too. Mmm. Good stuff.

My two favorites:
Burrito's:
Pork, really anything works, but Wal-mart usually has pork stew meat
1 jar of your favorite salsa
Put that together in the morning and then about an hour before you are going to serve it, break it up with the mix n chop and add a can of rinsed off pinto beans. If it's too watery add a little corn starch (mixed with water) to thicken. Have tortillas and shredded cheese ready to put it together.

BBQ Beef Sand
Our Kroger's has "Manager Special" meat marked way down, that needs to go out that day. When they have a roast I pick that up and a bottle of my favorite BBQ sauce. Put the meat in the crock pot , pour the bottle of BBQ sauce over, cook all day, break up with mix n chop serve!

Thanks for bringing this topic up. Here is our all time winter favorite recipe for crock pot cooking. Serve with Stove Top stuffing or mashed potatoes and veggies. Thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch if you feel the need. The end result is well worth the effort. I have made it using 1/2 cup of water instead of the apricot nectar and it was still wonderful. Great recipe for company or "planned overs".

Cranberry Pork Loin Crockpot Roast (from Woman’s Day)

1 can (16 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 medium onion, chopped (not a red onion)
1 can (5.5 oz) apricot nectar
1⁄2 cup sugar or Splenda
1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
2 tsp cider or distilled white vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 1⁄2 to 3 lb boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed

1. Mix all ingredients except pork in a 3-qt or larger slow-cooker. Add pork; spoon some cranberry mixture over the top. (Can be done the night before. Refrigerate in removable crock or, if crock can’t be removed, in a covered bowl, then transfer to slow-cooker to cook.)
2. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until pork is tender. Remove pork to cutting board and slice. Spoon fat off sauce; serve sauce with pork.

Chili

2 cans Bush's Chili Beans (Medium or Mild depending on how spicy you like it. My family LOVES it spicy so we used the medium.)
2 cans diced tomaotes with onions
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 -1 1/2 Lb ground beef
3 TBSP of chili powder
1 clove of garlic

I usually add more chili powder and salt and pepper depending on how it tastes after it has been cooking for a while.

My families favorite, I actually got from someone on here...Sorry can't remember who it was...

Chili Dogs

2 cans no bean chili
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can diced mild green chili (optional)
Hot dogs

Mix canned goods together in crock pot, add hot dogs, and let the cook on low all day. Makes the best chili dogs. Great for parties or a moving crew of friends...in fact, I have this cooking right now for a birthday party this evening!!!

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

Kacey's Crockpot Roast of Goodness~

2 Large onions quartered.
1 3 pound marbled beef roast (I prefer the ones that look like a really thick ribeye steak, vs the ones that look like a small landscaping boulder.)
3 cans of Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup of cold water.

Season roast with kosher salt and cracked pepper on both sides-
pour soup into crock pot, and add water and onions- place roast on top. Cook on Low heat for 8-10 hours. About 6 hours into it- throw in some sliced potatoes and carrots-

This roast falls apart with a fork and makes such a yummy gravy! :) Ohhh la la

I use mine for soup mainly and sometimes pork loin (just the ones already marinated). I found a website recently that I am enjoying. She is cooking something new in her crockpot every day for 2008 and blogging about it. I like it becuause she tells how her family liked it and what she would change, etc. Check it out A Year of CrockPotting

1. Can I use any type of slow cooker for these recipes?

Yes, these recipes can be used with any type of slow cooker, including crock pots, multi-cookers, and instant pots.

2. Can I modify the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Many of our crock pot recipes can be modified to fit dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian. Simply swap out ingredients or make substitutions as needed.

3. How long do these crock pot recipes typically take to cook?

The cooking time will vary depending on the specific recipe, but most crock pot recipes take between 4-8 hours on the low setting or 2-4 hours on the high setting.

4. Do I need to preheat the slow cooker before adding ingredients?

No, you do not need to preheat your slow cooker before adding ingredients. Simply add all ingredients to the slow cooker and turn it on to the desired temperature setting.

5. Can I cook frozen ingredients in my crock pot?

It is not recommended to cook frozen ingredients in a crock pot as it can lead to uneven cooking and potentially unsafe food temperatures. It is best to thaw ingredients before adding them to the slow cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies