• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Host Communication with Our New Host Letter Template

In summary, the author is writing a letter to her hosts about hosting a party and is attaching a host and guest special, as well as recipes. She wants to make sure that her hosts are not overwhelmed and want them to feel like they have a lot of control over the party.
Jennie50
Hello, all!

I would love some feedback on a new host letter template (attached) I've written. I know, I know, it's long. BUT, I kinda wanted my hosts to have a comprehensive "guide" to the whole cooking show experience...like a one-stop place for info. I will continue to call them and communicate with them in other ways, but I wanted to reiterate some of these in writing, and touch on others that we may not have discussed in person.

I don't want to overwhelm my hosts, but I tried to break the letter up into easy-to-read blurbs with headings that I hoped would allow them to skim quickly through the info. I also put the "please respond on the following points" bulleted list at the top, so they can keep track of the questions I have for them.

Honestly, it's hard for me to make a lot of phone calls. Always has been, even before entering into the PC gig...I'm worried that I'm bothering them, keeping them on the phone too long, forgetting something I should have told them, etc. I just organize my thoughts better when writing. I also have three active kids, one still at home during the day, and making time for phone calls is difficult until after they go to bed...late for some folks. Anyway, these are some of the reasons I wanted to create this "guide."

Please let me know your thoughts! ☺

Attachments

• Cooking Show Host Letter - Harriet Holder.doc
    328.5 KB · Views: 1,046
I have not read the entire letter, but the opening paragraph needs to be changed. Your opening paragraph should be upbeat and reminding her how simple and fun the show will be. When I read it I wanted to cancel the show. You told her she was too busy and squeezed the show in and had to clean her house -both of which would tell me I don't want to do this. You should say something like - I am so excited about hosting your show. I look forward to pampering you and your friends. Tell her what a great time her and her friends will have and how easy it is to prepare for the show. I would not recommend telling her will TRY to make it easy for her to host - you gave her permission to think you didn't make it easy.

I am sorry to sound harsh, but you want the opening paragraph to immediately excite her.

Doesn't sound harsh at all. I appreciate the feedback! I do say that I want to pamper her, but that is in my closing, and I understand your point about putting it in the beginning. Looking forward to other suggestions!

Just a quick thought...if this host has a lot going on and is stressed, I'd not send her a comprehensive letter. Don't remind her of all her crazy events going on, she might have second thoughts and get overwhelmed with all those details. I don't seem to have luck with host letters, people skim over it if it's too long or they don't read it at all. I'd give her separate emails about different aspects of things. In the first e-mail, I'd simply thank her for booking a party with you. It'll be a fun night with her friends and great food. Let her know the best ways of getting good attendance:-she makes a guest list for you with addresses and you can send out invitations (or she's welcome to send them out herself)
-if she also includes e-mail address, you can send them out great looking e-invitations from your website (or she has a host password to access your site and can do it)
-she hands out postcard invites to friends as she is out and about
-post status updates on Facebook about the party
-you can create a Facebook event for her and then put her as an admin so she can then invite all her FB friends
**but the best method is talking in person or calling people to personally invite them to the partyChoose your theme: (people get more excited when they hear what great food there will be...sounds a lot more fun than just a Pampered Chef party)
Here are some recipe options for you:
Chocolate Lovers/Death by Chocolate/Chocolate Addicts whichever you like to call it
Soup & Slippers
Mexican in Minutes
etc....Attach the host & guest specials and encourage her to let others know about them in case they'd like to book a party or place an order if they can't come.Then in another e-mail, give her directions about collecting orders:--website
--she gathers the info and e-mails or call you
--they can e-mail or call you directly
--they can fill out the OOFYour preferred method of payment and other options:Those are just some ideas anyway. It's just another option to consider. Good luck! :)

I really like the idea of breaking up the letter so that the individual items get more attention, but how do you remember to send the follow-ups in a timely manner? I'm afraid that with 6-7 hosts throughout the month, and all of those emails, I'm going to leave something out for some of them.

Do you think a disclaimer sentence at the top would help? Something like "This email contains info on a number of details related to your show, but don't let it overwhelm you! ☺ Most of the information is review of what we've already covered...I just wanted you to have all the info in one place to refer back to as needed. Don't ever hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have, though! My goal is to pamper you, so let me know how I can help!"

I agree that a long email is lost on most people (they don't read it all and it makes it look like this is a lot of work) but I do like the idea of having it in one place for them. I think I'd send a short email thanking them and telling them that you will also be sending them one with everything they could need to know to make this the best show possible. Then send the detailed one. Then send follow up emails with specific info AFTER you CALL them for host coaching. That way those at do want all the info have it and those that feel its too much can skip over it.I'd also make that detailed email generic so you don't have to change it from host to host. Personalize the thank you and follow up (short) emails but leave that one as "here's what everyone might need to know".

I too wanted to cancel the show when I read it... and honstely it was way too much to read... there are more than 2000 words in there.... half of hosts don't even open the darn host packet. And this is why we have a cooking show and catalog show planning guide. It oulines everything. I keep my host letters simple.

-Thank you for hosting, reminder of date and time, what time I'll arrive
-emailed you a guest list form, email it back to me by _____
-scheduled show on website... how that works
- enclosed you will find....
-call with questions, talk to you about last minute details

Done.

To me, it seems as that you've host coached in a letter rather than connecting with your host via phone. The host coaching check list that is on cc is a valuable tool and I have one for every host.

The point is to work smarter not harder. The types of consultants PC has varries widely... some are full time, some are part time, some are hobbyists. The idea is to make hosts feel like they can do this too. Too much paperwork and words make it difficult to see how simple this business really is.

I didnt read th whole thing (I am a skimmer when something like that is before me, especially if it isnt something of "priority" which as appalling as it may be to US, a PC show will NOT be priorty to almost any host. :D). But being a skimmer, I did like how you broke up the letter and made the vreaks/headings colorful. It made it easy for me to find a section. As others mentioned though, I would break it up.

Create for yourself, or use the PC host coaching checklist from your new consultant material (also avail on CC I think). Add a task to send the next email, or personally, I think better yet, a Stamped MAILED letter. Sort of like PC encourages in December for January hosts.....include a recipe! Then follow up with a phone call. When you sit down to do the first letter, go ahead and print/fill out the remaining letters and have them addressed and ready to mail. Then on a certain day on your checklist or calendar, pop them on the mail.

Just a thought.....

Thanks for helping me, guys. It sounds like my initial feeling that the letter was too long was on target and the "guide" idea missed the mark.

I think some of this comes down to communication styles too, and my desire to avoid "bothering" them with multiple phone calls. Most of my hosts to date have preferred emails, texts, FB messages, more so than phone calls because they, like myself have young children at home...time on the phone is hard to come by. I guess that's why I thought maybe a guide would be helpful...something to email them that they could refer to when they had a second. I can definitely see how it could be perceived as overwhelming, though. I'll scale back and reorganize based on your suggestions. Thanks so much for your time spent reading the letter and offering ways to improve it!

Your intentions are very good, but as every mentioned, way too long! I was exhausted just reading/skimming! Also, you leave too much decision making to your host. This is YOUR business, not hers. You need to be in charge, the "coach" of your "team". Thus, you need to be the one leading the way rather than relying on your host to decide everything (ex.- "if it's okay for me to arrive at 5:30ish", "if it's okay I'll make salsa and chips")

Here's an idea of how to shorten your letter, making it less intimidating (yes, I would have felt intimidated by your letter and concerned I couldn't hold up my end of the hosting bargain).

"Dear Host,

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to treat you and your friends and family to a fun, relaxing evening on xxxx date. To ensure you get the most reward for your efforts, here are a the steps to follow:

1. ____ Complete and mail back your guest list including name, address, email, and phone by ____(date)___. Once I receive your list I will mail & email your invitations, and a few days before our show, I will make reminder calls to everyone for you. You can check on your friend's responses by logging onto my website at......., clicking "For My Hosts", and key in your code XXX9.

2. ___ Keep a list of those we are inviting so when they contact you about attending, you'll have a running list of those that are and are not coming.

3. ____ Offer to show friends unable to attend a catalog and ask if they'd place an order and/or host a show so they can have some fun and relaxation when it works better for them.

4. ___ Take a look through the information I've included about our Business Opportunity. Although it may not be something you've ever considered, you may find that it could indeed fill a need for you. We'll chat about it when I call on _____________. You may even find that it could be a perfect fit for a friend or family member!

5. ___ Go through your catalog and circle EVERYTHING you want! Sit down with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee, relax, and enjoy dreaming of all the fabulous kitchen tools you'll be getting for free or at a discount! Then imagine your family sitting around your dinner table singing "Mom's the greatest" because you've just fixed the best meal they've ever had with all those fabulous kitchen tools! Yes, dream! It will happen!

I'm so excited to share The Pampered Chef with you and your friends and family. We'll talk on ______________, after I've received your guest list.

Suzy Q Consultant

Here is what I use. I like it because I don't have to change it every time. It lists everything important on one page.:chef:

Attachments

• Host top 10 PDF.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 762
jendill said:
Here is what I use. I like it because I don't have to change it every time. It lists everything important on one page.:chef:

Really love this, Jennifer! It hits the highlights much more succinctly than I did. Good job!

jendill said:

This is wonderful! I do need to point out one thing that maybe you didn't think of when the catalog changed.

#5 - "check the back of the catalog for host benefits"....

They have moved the benefits of hosting to the front of the catalog.

Just thought I would mention it ;)

What is a host letter?

A host letter is a personalized invitation sent to potential hosts for a Pampered Chef party. It explains the benefits of hosting a party and provides important details such as date, time, and location.

How do I write a host letter?

To write a host letter, start by introducing yourself and your role as a Pampered Chef consultant. Then, explain the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. Be sure to include important details such as the date, time, and location of the party. You can also include a personal touch, such as sharing a favorite recipe or product.

What should I include in a host letter?

A host letter should include an introduction, the benefits of hosting a party, important details such as date and time, and a call to action to RSVP. You can also include a personal touch, such as sharing a favorite recipe or product. Be sure to include your contact information for any questions or concerns.

How should I format my host letter?

Your host letter should be professional and easy to read. Use a clear font and include headings and bullet points to organize the information. You can also include images of Pampered Chef products to make the letter more visually appealing. Be sure to proofread for any spelling or grammar errors before sending it out.

Can I customize my host letter?

Yes, you can customize your host letter to make it more personal and appealing to potential hosts. You can include a personal message, share your favorite products, or even offer a special deal for hosting a party. Just make sure to include all the necessary information and keep it professional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jcwarr
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
  • Lorna May
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies