• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crescent Roll Comparison: Why Pillsbury Reigns Supreme

In summary, "Crescent Roll Thoughts" are a type of pastry made by rolling up triangular pieces of dough into a crescent shape and filling them with a variety of sweet or savory ingredients. To make them, you will need crescent roll dough, filling, and an oven. Popular fillings include cheese, ham, chocolate, and fruit, but you can also get creative with your own combinations. They can be made ahead of time and can be made healthier by using whole wheat dough and nutritious fillings. As with any food, moderation is important for a balanced diet.
DebPC
Staff member
From my experience i have found...

Pillsbury is better than generic. I once had a host get 1 generic and I Pillsbury Cresent Roll Dough. I made a braid 1/2 and 1/2. The Pillsbury became twice as large during the baking time. Taste though was pretty similar. But texture was lighter with Pillsbury.

I have noticed no difference with Pillsbury Regular vs. Pillsbury Light Cresent Roll Dough. I have also had a host buy 1/2 and 1/2. We couldn't tell which was which, even knowing one was light, after it baked.

Dough is easiest to work with when cold. Always instruct your host to keep the dough in the fridge til you get there.

Thanks for the tip.

I also noticed the store brand triangles can be smaller than Pillsbury making it less dough to work with (at least in the one that I used).

I also inform my host to bring the dough out when I am ready to use it rather than when I get there. It may be sitting out of the fridge for more than 30 minutes before you actually need it.

Sharon

I have found generic crescent roll dough to have an "oily" feel. Makes it harder to pinch together seams. Especially for making braids. My ingredient lists all specifically say "Pillsbury" when I list crescent roll dough.

crescent roll recipes?[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I need a recipe that was done at a party I attended at the very beginning...a braid w/broccoli, shreaded w/other stuff, and then braided and baked on the stone. Does anyone have that??[/FONT] :( ;)

That sounds like one of the recipes from All The Best Cookbook. Attached is the chicken broccoli braid.

File is too large to load, but the recipe is in All the Best cookbook.

1. What are "Crescent Roll Thoughts"?

"Crescent Roll Thoughts" are a type of pastry that is made by rolling up a triangular piece of dough, typically made from flour, butter, and yeast, into a crescent shape. This type of pastry is commonly used in baking and can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory ingredients.

2. How do I make "Crescent Roll Thoughts"?

To make "Crescent Roll Thoughts", you will need crescent roll dough, filling of your choice, and an oven. Simply unroll the dough and place your desired filling onto the dough, then roll it up into a crescent shape. Bake according to the package instructions and enjoy your delicious pastry!

3. What are some popular fillings for "Crescent Roll Thoughts"?

Some popular fillings for "Crescent Roll Thoughts" include cheese, ham, chocolate, nuts, and fruit. You can also get creative and use ingredients like spinach and feta, chicken and broccoli, or Nutella and strawberries.

4. Can I make "Crescent Roll Thoughts" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Crescent Roll Thoughts" ahead of time. Simply prepare the pastry as instructed, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until you are ready to bake them. You may need to adjust the baking time if the dough is cold when you put it in the oven.

5. Are "Crescent Roll Thoughts" healthy?

It depends on the filling and how often you eat them. While crescent rolls themselves are not necessarily considered healthy, you can make healthier versions by using whole wheat dough and filling them with nutritious ingredients like veggies and lean protein. As with any food, moderation is key in maintaining a balanced diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pampered1224
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies