• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Club House Chicken Squares Easier with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls!

In summary, Pillsbury has come out with Crescent Rolls that come already in one flat rectangle, eliminating the need to pinch all the seams together for recipes like Club House Chicken Squares. There are recipe books at the end of checkouts aisles that have similar recipes, suggesting that readers may have suggested the product. The product is the same size as regular crescent rolls and is in the same tube packaging. It is slightly cheaper than regular crescent rolls, but may not be found in all stores yet. This product will be helpful for recipes like Summer Berry Shortcakes and Cool Veggie Pizzas and would save time for those making Chicken Clubhouse Squares.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I noticed in the refrigerated dough section at the store had Pillsbury Crescent Rolls that come already in one flat rectangle. This is instead of having to pinch all the seams together for recipes like Club House Chicken Squares. Thought I would share this, I haven't tried them but plan on it next time I make these.

Thanks for sharing that! I will look for it! What a great thing for Pillsbury to make!! :thumbup:

Hmmm, wonder if one of their R&D persons is a PC fan! :love:

I saw them yesterday at the store...and got them because I have a show tomorrow that I'm making the Chick Clubhouse Squares! ! ! ((wadesgirl...great minds think alike! :) )

So I'll make the crust ahead of time and bring it to my host's house...I'll let you know how well it fits the bar pan.
It's the same 8oz size as the crescent rolls, so I assume it would be fine!

Hmm. Interesting. I'll be checking my local grocery stores.

I will be looking too!

But are they more expensive than regular crescent rolls? I'm sure they are....

I would hope they would be less. After all, they have one less process to go through. Of course, I remember hearing people complain about unleaded gasoline being more expensive than leaded, since they could remember paying more to have the lead put in. LOL!

It's crazy for them to be MORE expensive since the Pillsbury people have 1 or more fewer steps to do before packaging. They no longer have to perforate!

This would be great for the Summer Berry Shortcakes, too!

Rae, we were posting at the same time!

JINX!

Great minds, Chef Kearns!

I got mine at Publix...if it helps.

So do the count as 1 container or 2 - I am going to run up and grab some now then! Hope they are out near me!

Too cool!I am doing party at a bar the end of July - actually the day after the last day of Conference and I was thinking about making about 10 crusts and carriying them plain then making Cool Veggie pizzas on them. This would be an awsome help. Oh and by the way, I think they came out with them because of their own recipe books! You know the ones at the end of the checkout isles for like $3.95? They have alot of recipes that look like ours in them and I bet the readers offered them that idea. I assume they are in the same type of tube? I bet, because they are new, they will be more expensive for a time.
Still it's a great idea! There is nothing worse then not getting those dang seams to seal and having someone ending up wearing the recipe!

They are the same size as the normal ones...same price. I just found them at Walmart today! So...if you normally needed two packages, you still need two packages.

VERY COOL PILLSBURY!

Great to knowThanks Kelly!

We were in partner (not sure correct lingo) at one time with Pillsbury. The Doughboy showed up at conference! It was the year the recipe cards had coupons attached.

Especially with the mini cinnamon rolls, I can never get them creased properly!

pampered1224 said:
I am doing party at a bar the end of July - actually the day after the last day of Conference and I was thinking about making about 10 crusts and carriying them plain then making Cool Veggie pizzas on them. This would be an awsome help. Oh and by the way, I think they came out with them because of their own recipe books! You know the ones at the end of the checkout isles for like $3.95? They have alot of recipes that look like ours in them and I bet the readers offered them that idea. I assume they are in the same type of tube? I bet, because they are new, they will be more expensive for a time.
Still it's a great idea! There is nothing worse then not getting those dang seams to seal and having someone ending up wearing the recipe!

John! you Wild Man...how do you get these huge parties?

Sounds like Pillsbury's been listening to their customers. I think I'll check that new product out and let Pillsbury know how much I appreciate their thoughtfulness. :)

We have them already in our stores, and they were 20 cents less than the regular crescent rolls.

Woo hoo! Bargain!

Kitchen Diva said:
We have them already in our stores, and they were 20 cents less than the regular crescent rolls.

Love that!:love:

I just got some the other day too and I am making the Clubhouse Chickens Sqares for a show tomorrow night with them. How nice!!

when I was a consultant - many yrs ago , PC used the crescent rolls and refrig. bicuits constanly for asy recipes. i STILL always have them in the fridge on hand for my home. No that i have resigned (12 yrs later) I still use some of the ld recipes at show - weather i make them or just talk about them. They are a huge convenience. We just made th broccoli ham ring Mon night and my daughter (12 ) who has been eatin that all her life said - 'best ever Mom'! She's my favorite customer! :eek:)

Oh man! I just got back from Wal-Mart. I will have to look them up the next time that I am out. These will be so convenient!

For my show today...I'm making the Chicken Clubhouse Squares...
I just baked the crescents without the perferations...
Worked wonderfully!

Yah! Glad to hear that, it will be a little bit of a time saver.

I couldn't find them. What's the exact name? Maybe I saw them and didn't realize it. I can be a little, um, well, distracted at times.

No one knows what they're called?

I cannot remember what they are called! I know I saw them though!

I'm going out this evening to get ingredients for my show tomorrow. I'll look for them, since I need them anyway (making the Clubhouse Chicken Squares). And if I see them, I'll post the name.

Thanks! I saw some that are crescent roll spirals. It looks like they left the dough uncut before rolling, then sliced the roll. You just separate the sliced rolls and bake. I didn't think that sounded like what you were talking about.

raebates said:
Thanks! I saw some that are crescent roll spirals. It looks like they left the dough uncut before rolling, then sliced the roll. You just separate the sliced rolls and bake. I didn't think that sounded like what you were talking about.
They do have those but these are completely flat sheet of dough.

That's the impression I got from those who have seen them.

Rae...

I have one here. They are called Crescent Recipe Creations. The background is still blue, like the other ones. Under the Recipe Creations flag, it states "1 flaky dough sheet". Plus...it has a yellow NEW!! flag all around the one end of the can so they should stand out a bit. Maybe they didn't have them just yet. Or all the other PC consultants beat you to that store and bought them all!! LOL

http://women.evenhealth.com

Thanks, Kelly! I appreciate the info.

I was suprised to see them in my region, usually a new product will be announced and it's a few months before it gets here.

One of my stops on the way home is at the grocery. It's a different chain than yesterday's shopping. I'll look there.

I found 'em - Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations - $2.29
They come in a tube just like the others.

I didn't find them. I'll try again, soon.

They didn't have them at Meijer near me, either. I probably wouldn't have bought them anyway - the store brand is SO much less expensive than the Pillsbury.

chefann said:
They didn't have them at Meijer near me, either. I probably wouldn't have bought them anyway - the store brand is SO much less expensive than the Pillsbury.
Nope - not at the Meijers by me either. But you are right - Meijers brand is a good quality...and much less $$. I've been dealing with the perforations for 5 & 1/2 years, so I guess it's not a deal breaker!:D

chefann said:

I find our loacl store brand crescent rolls (Publix) don't work nearly as well as the Pillsbury brand.

I prefer the Pillsbury brand too....I am frugal and cut pennies where ever I can, but this is not one of those places...

:)

Round crescent rollsDid you know they also have round crescent rolls. They are perfect for the Berry shortcakes. My Hospitality director made them for us using the round crescents. She baked them and then punched down the middle with the mini-tart shaper. They were so easy and I think the price is the same for those too. They looked great too. Hope that helps.

Hmmm...now that I bought the Crescent Recipe Creations...what am I going to make with it?? LOL

clubhouse chicken squares!!
Or Stars and Stripes Dessert Pizza!

chefann said:
clubhouse chicken squares!!
Or Stars and Stripes Dessert Pizza!
Girl!!!
You know by now I am too lazy to go lookin' for a recipe when I am the one needing it (only when others are askin' for it) so if yer gonna make suggestions, gimme the recipe as well for heaven's sake :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• millerswamp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • LisaAnn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • PamperedK