• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crescent Rolls

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I noticed in the refrigerated dough section at the store had Pillsbury Crescent Rolls that come already in one flat rectangle. This is instead of having to pinch all the seams together for recipes like Club House Chicken Squares. Thought I would share this, I haven't tried them but plan on it next time I make these.

MissChef

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2006
Thanks for sharing that! I will look for it! What a great thing for Pillsbury to make!! :thumbup:

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm, wonder if one of their R&D persons is a PC fan! :love:

ChefNic

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2005
I saw them yesterday at the store...and got them because I have a show tomorrow that I'm making the Chick Clubhouse Squares! ! ! ((wadesgirl...great minds think alike! :) )

So I'll make the crust ahead of time and bring it to my host's house...I'll let you know how well it fits the bar pan.
It's the same 8oz size as the crescent rolls, so I assume it would be fine!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I would hope they would be less. After all, they have one less process to go through. Of course, I remember hearing people complain about unleaded gasoline being more expensive than leaded, since they could remember paying more to have the lead put in. LOL!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
It's crazy for them to be MORE expensive since the Pillsbury people have 1 or more fewer steps to do before packaging. They no longer have to perforate!

This would be great for the Summer Berry Shortcakes, too!

PamperedDor

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
So do the count as 1 container or 2 - I am going to run up and grab some now then! Hope they are out near me!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Too cool!

I am doing party at a bar the end of July - actually the day after the last day of Conference and I was thinking about making about 10 crusts and carriying them plain then making Cool Veggie pizzas on them. This would be an awsome help. Oh and by the way, I think they came out with them because of their own recipe books! You know the ones at the end of the checkout isles for like $3.95? They have alot of recipes that look like ours in them and I bet the readers offered them that idea. I assume they are in the same type of tube? I bet, because they are new, they will be more expensive for a time.
Still it's a great idea! There is nothing worse then not getting those dang seams to seal and having someone ending up wearing the recipe!

KellyTheChef

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
They are the same size as the normal ones...same price. I just found them at Walmart today! So...if you normally needed two packages, you still need two packages.

VERY COOL PILLSBURY!

stacywhitlow

Veteran Member
Jul 23, 2007
We were in partner (not sure correct lingo) at one time with Pillsbury. The Doughboy showed up at conference! It was the year the recipe cards had coupons attached.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Especially with the mini cinnamon rolls, I can never get them creased properly!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
pampered1224 said:
I am doing party at a bar the end of July - actually the day after the last day of Conference and I was thinking about making about 10 crusts and carriying them plain then making Cool Veggie pizzas on them. This would be an awsome help. Oh and by the way, I think they came out with them because of their own recipe books! You know the ones at the end of the checkout isles for like $3.95? They have alot of recipes that look like ours in them and I bet the readers offered them that idea. I assume they are in the same type of tube? I bet, because they are new, they will be more expensive for a time.
Still it's a great idea! There is nothing worse then not getting those dang seams to seal and having someone ending up wearing the recipe!

John! you Wild Man...how do you get these huge parties?

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Sounds like Pillsbury's been listening to their customers. I think I'll check that new product out and let Pillsbury know how much I appreciate their thoughtfulness. :)

StacieB

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2007
I just got some the other day too and I am making the Clubhouse Chickens Sqares for a show tomorrow night with them. How nice!!

gbakes27

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2008
when I was a consultant - many yrs ago , PC used the crescent rolls and refrig. bicuits constanly for asy recipes. i STILL always have them in the fridge on hand for my home. No that i have resigned (12 yrs later) I still use some of the ld recipes at show - weather i make them or just talk about them. They are a huge convenience. We just made th broccoli ham ring Mon night and my daughter (12 ) who has been eatin that all her life said - 'best ever Mom'! She's my favorite customer! :eek:)

mpkegley

Advanced Member
Jul 21, 2006
Oh man! I just got back from Wal-Mart. I will have to look them up the next time that I am out. These will be so convenient!

ChefNic

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2005
For my show today...I'm making the Chicken Clubhouse Squares...
I just baked the crescents without the perferations...
Worked wonderfully!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I couldn't find them. What's the exact name? Maybe I saw them and didn't realize it. I can be a little, um, well, distracted at times.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
I'm going out this evening to get ingredients for my show tomorrow. I'll look for them, since I need them anyway (making the Clubhouse Chicken Squares). And if I see them, I'll post the name.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Thanks! I saw some that are crescent roll spirals. It looks like they left the dough uncut before rolling, then sliced the roll. You just separate the sliced rolls and bake. I didn't think that sounded like what you were talking about.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
raebates said:
Thanks! I saw some that are crescent roll spirals. It looks like they left the dough uncut before rolling, then sliced the roll. You just separate the sliced rolls and bake. I didn't think that sounded like what you were talking about.
They do have those but these are completely flat sheet of dough.

KellyTheChef

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
Rae...

I have one here. They are called Crescent Recipe Creations. The background is still blue, like the other ones. Under the Recipe Creations flag, it states "1 flaky dough sheet". Plus...it has a yellow NEW!! flag all around the one end of the can so they should stand out a bit. Maybe they didn't have them just yet. Or all the other PC consultants beat you to that store and bought them all!! LOL

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I was suprised to see them in my region, usually a new product will be announced and it's a few months before it gets here.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
One of my stops on the way home is at the grocery. It's a different chain than yesterday's shopping. I'll look there.