• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Friend's Credit Card for Orders: Clarification Needed

and I've never had any issues. Those who answered for me hit all of the reasons except one. It looks weird on the host's credit card bill. I always check mine...and I've never had any issues.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I was not sure where to put this. So I just picked the category that I thought would be best.

Anyway. I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to make sure

I have a host who had to go out of town for a family emergency..I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she said that a friend of her's was going to make sure that I get the orders. And that I should give her a call and she will give me her credit card to pay for any orders that I don't have payment for.

Am I correct that I can not use her credit card for any order other than her own?

No, you can use her credit card to pay for the balance of the show. You can make her payment more than the amount of her own order.

I think you can do it. It falls under the "friend in need" category in our policy guide. That's my opinion, anyway.

Just to clarify, you won't enter her CC# for each of the orders, just make the payment on her order enough to cover. I often have hosts who do this.

Thank you both for your reply..I didn't want her people to have to wait for her to come back to give me a check before I could even place the order..I just wasn't sure that I could do that. Thank you so much for your help

raebates said:
Just to clarify, you won't enter her CC# for each of the orders, just make the payment on her order enough to cover. I often have hosts who do this.

Rae, just to clarify- why wouldn't you put her CC# for each of the orders? I don't think I've ever had to do this yet- but just wondering if there is a policy reason or something. P3 won't flag that a customer hadn't paid their order?

P3 will give you a warning, but won't keep you from submitting. Keying the card just for the host saves time, and show that the guest didn't pay you directly.

esavvymom said:
Rae, just to clarify- why wouldn't you put her CC# for each of the orders? I don't think I've ever had to do this yet- but just wondering if there is a policy reason or something. P3 won't flag that a customer hadn't paid their order?

Even though I'm not Rae, I'll take a shot at answering. :D

You'll get warnings that some people didn't pay, but as long as the show balances, it will go through.

They don't want to process the same card multiple times. Just put the total amount that's to be charged on that one credit card.

why wouldn't you put her CC# for each of the orders?

I'm not Rae either, but I know I did that once, and I didn't realize it was actually a debit card and it charged my hostess for each time it was used (or I should clarify, her bank charges) so she paid for like 5 peoples and then her own, and it charged her a fee each time. I did it that way, as I had got the warning that people had not paid or it didn't match or something warning wize from PC, but I should have just taken the entire $150.00 and put it on Hostess order and left the others blank as if nothing had happened but me taking the order, because it would have only charged her acct. 1 time.

I did give her something I don't remember what to make up for it. And I know ASK if they get charged for use.

HTH

Lisa

Basically you don't have to. I always close all my shows over the phone and have the checks after the show wrote to the host and the host pays the balance of the payments. It's really nice to be able to do this.

I'm not Rae, but I play her on TV!

I agree, just do one big charge to cover what she's paying for. It will give you the warning, but it's a courtesy only. Also keep in mind that some credit card companies will flag anything that appears to be fraudulent charges. 5 or 6 charges back to back to the same company in a matter of minutes would probably set off the fraud flags on the credit card company's computer & lock the account until it could be investigated by a person to verify that that the multiple charges are okay. Always better to just do one charge than take the chance. ;)

Those who answered for me hit all of the reasons except one. It looks weird on the host's credit card bill. I always check mine carefully, and it would be harder for me to mentally process several charges to PC as opposed to 1 charge.

AJPratt said:
I'm not Rae, but I play her on TV!

This made me snort. LOL!

1. Can I use my friend's credit card to make online purchases?

Yes, you can use your friend's credit card to make online purchases as long as you have their permission and they trust you to use their card responsibly.

2. Is it legal to use someone else's credit card for orders?

Using someone else's credit card for orders without their permission is considered credit card fraud and is illegal. However, if you have their consent and they trust you to use their card responsibly, it is not illegal.

3. Do I need to provide any documentation when using a friend's credit card for orders?

It is always best to have written permission from your friend before using their credit card for orders. This can protect both of you in case of any disputes or issues that may arise.

4. Can I use my friend's credit card for orders on any website?

It is important to check with your friend first before using their credit card for orders. Some websites may have restrictions on using a credit card that doesn't belong to the account holder.

5. What should I do if I accidentally use my friend's credit card without their permission?

If you accidentally use your friend's credit card without their permission, you should immediately inform them and offer to pay them back for the charges. It is important to be honest and take responsibility for your actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies