• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Securing Credit Card Numbers for Your Pampered Chef Business: Tips and Advice

In summary, Ann suggests that you protect your CC numbers by password protecting your PP account, shredding your paper copies of orders, and not giving the host copy of the receipt. She also suggests that HO make the credit card number disappear after a certain amount of time.
adampchef
Hi Everyone, I am in my 4th month with pampered Chef and having a great time. Olny doing it PT right now.

Question: How do you secure CC numbers? I give the guest their copy at the party, then I send the Host Copy to the Host attached to a PPP Printed Reciept (with the removable portion removed). But I still have the Consultant copy that I keep. WHat is the best way to secure the number? If my house was ever buglurized and those were stolen is my main concern.

Also, what about the CC #s in PPP? Are they safe there?

Thansk in advance for your help!

Adam C

I never thought about....I guess they would be unless someone hacked into your computer and stole the cc info. But anymore alot of companys are asking for the code on the back of the card...that info is not posted anywhere is it. We don't even ask for that code so I think we are safe and secure.

That is something I've always worried about too, since I use my laptop as my biz computer. I'm afraid to take it anywhere with me for fear that it would be stolen. I do have my CC password on PPP, so it would be a little harder to hack.

I'm in the process of shredding shows that are a year old or more. I"ve already overheated the shredder three times! I do have numbers in my computer, but I really don't takke it anywhere except to shows.

Password protect PP/P3. And, if you have the capability, password protect your computer. It's not necessarily fool-proof, but it's something.

I do all of the above, and shred any papers. If I give the host a copy of the receipt, I tear the bottom part off that has the CC info.

Ann,

I tried to do this but now I can't get into PP at all - any ideas?

I had a customer recently ask me about this topic. I do shred receipts with the cc on it, and the only copy I have is PPP. I figure once the show has processed and shipped, I don't need a "hard" copy around the house. I would hate for my cc # to be stolen from someone's house.

I have recently been thinking about this as well... I do not give the host the host copy of the reciept (I personally don't think it is their business, nor do they need it as I will print out a receipt anyway). I think I am going to begin shredding my copies of receipts a certain period of time after the show... I like to have them though in case someone tells me I ordered them the wrong thing (then I can go back and check if it is my mistake). One year sounds like plenty of time, but maybe we can get away with less... like after making 30 day CC calls if you do those. If they don't call you back from that call, it is pretty safe to assume that they are happy with their items. I do have my p3 password protected, and now that the screen on my laptop is busted I basically use it at home hooked to a monitor so there is less risk of it getting stolen in public.

When my laptop is opened, a password is immediately required. Also, my p3 is password-protected.

Once the orders have been delivered for a show, I shred the paper order forms. The customer already has their copy, and their information is already on my computer, I don't feel I need to hang on to their information. But it is a personal preference.

Gina M said:
Ann,

I tried to do this but now I can't get into PP at all - any ideas?
How did you set the password? There's an option right in PP to use a password. I suggest using your CC password, as it's something you already remember, and nobody else knows. :)
If you have a backup from right before you protected it, you can reinstall the program and restore from backup.

Thanks Ann - I actually took the plunge into PPP and was able to access my shows that way - I had been waiting but now I'm there - I'm not sure what I did before but it's okay now.

Phew! I'm glad things are working again for you. :)

I think that HO should make the credit card number disappear from your PP once it has been a certain amount of time - maybe after a show ships or something. I have it all on my laptop and don't take it to shows anymore because I'm too worried that it might be stolen and all that info is so easy to find.

beepampered said:
I think that HO should make the credit card number disappear from your PP once it has been a certain amount of time - maybe after a show ships or something. I have it all on my laptop and don't take it to shows anymore because I'm too worried that it might be stolen and all that info is so easy to find.
that would be an awesome idea.

Ooh, yeah. Send a suggestion in to HO.

I tell guests if they are paying by cc not to put it on the form but bring it to me and i'll enter it. I tell them its a security for them if Suzy host has to leave their order at their front door or at their desk at work it isn't visible to any one who might come to their door or office.

What are credit card numbers?

Credit card numbers are a unique set of digits that are assigned to a specific credit card account. They are used to identify and verify the owner of the credit card when making purchases or transactions.

Where can I find my credit card number?

Your credit card number can typically be found on the front of your credit card. It is usually a 16-digit number that is embossed or printed on the card. You may also be able to find your credit card number on your monthly statement or by logging into your online banking account.

Why are credit card numbers important?

Credit card numbers are important because they are used to authenticate and authorize transactions made with a credit card. They help ensure that only the authorized cardholder can make purchases and prevent fraud or unauthorized use of the credit card.

Are credit card numbers sensitive information?

Yes, credit card numbers are considered sensitive information and should be kept confidential. They can be used to make purchases and access financial accounts, so it is important to protect them from theft or misuse.

Can credit card numbers be changed?

Yes, credit card numbers can be changed. If your credit card is lost or stolen, you should contact your credit card issuer immediately to report it and request a new card with a new credit card number. You may also be able to request a new credit card number if you suspect your current number has been compromised.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • bbenton4
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • smilesarepriceless