• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Credit Card Not Recognized~Help!

In summary, the conversation is about a payment issue with a guest's credit card. The host is having trouble getting the payment to go through on P3 and suspects that there may be an error in the card number. Some suggestions are made to check the digits and make sure they are entered correctly. It is also mentioned that the first 4 numbers of a card usually indicate the issuing bank and there may be a specific pattern to card numbers. The conversation ends with the host planning to contact the guest to resolve the issue.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
Hey all...any thoughts on this one....

I put in the guests order and then her payment.....but P3 won't recognize it. I know it is a Visa so that is not the problem and the expiration is next year. Any thoughts......

Of course said guest is out of town and host does not know her cell phone!

TIA!

Are you sure you have all 16 digits entered?

Yeah......

have you tried re-entering it...maybe got a number mixed up??

Yep....I even had the host repeat it back and double check!

have you tried updating your P3??? restarting your program????

Um are you reading my mind?!?!? LOL!! Yep I did that to.....
I am going to put it away for tonight and come back to it in the morning......Thanks y'all!!

Credit cards have a certain sequence to them. If the number doesn't match the sequence, it won't go in. I had a guest write a digit once that was a 1 and I thought it read 7 ... P3 was rejecting the number because of the weird sequence. When she read the number to me & I corrected the one digit it worked fine. Since you can't call her, go back & look at EVERY digit & see if there's one that you could have misread. If that doesn't work, e-mail her! Maybe she'll check her e-mail while she's out of town & call you. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for her return to submit the show.

The first 4 numbers are generally the same for all cards for each company. There might be some variation but often Discover is like 6011, etc.

Start with the first 4 numbers and then work your way through I guess!

I had a guest want to use a diner's club card (Discover). Wouldn't take it at all.

MLinAZ said:
The first 4 numbers are generally the same for all cards for each company. There might be some variation but often Discover is like 6011, etc.

Start with the first 4 numbers and then work your way through I guess!

That's sort of true. The first digit identifies the type of card (3 = American Express, 4 = Visa, 5 = MasterCard, 6 = Discover), but the first 4 identifies the issuing bank. Because there's only one bank that issues Discover cards, those are all the same first 4 digits.

Card numbers place digits in specific locations to create specific patterns. There's an algorhythm to figure it out, but I don't know it. (It's similar to the check that pharmacies do on doctors' DEA number when they fill prescriptions.) If any digit isn't correct, the algorhythm will spit the number out. And, for security reasons, it won't tell you which one is wrong. I'm willing to bet that if the host has a written copy of the number, not the card itself, that one digit is written incorrectly or illegibly.

Yeah I am thinking that as well Ann since P# is still spitting it out.
Ahhh....I will get with my host today and see what she wants to do. The order is for less then $50 so I'll probably order it and have her hold it for payment (she is a good friend!).
I hate to do that but sometimes you must.....

I agree, she most likely reversed two numbers when writing it down or something (I am notorious for doing this!) but I'm pretty sure p3 wouldn't reject the # over an expiration date issue unless the card Was expired. I've had a guest give me an incorrect expiration date, it went thru p3 & I had to resolve it as a declined cc. Good luck!

chefann said:
That's sort of true. The first digit identifies the type of card (3 = American Express, 4 = Visa, 5 = MasterCard, 6 = Discover), but the first 4 identifies the issuing bank. Because there's only one bank that issues Discover cards, those are all the same first 4 digits.

Card numbers place digits in specific locations to create specific patterns. There's an algorhythm to figure it out, but I don't know it. (It's similar to the check that pharmacies do on doctors' DEA number when they fill prescriptions.) If any digit isn't correct, the algorhythm will spit the number out. And, for security reasons, it won't tell you which one is wrong. I'm willing to bet that if the host has a written copy of the number, not the card itself, that one digit is written incorrectly or illegibly.

Okay - this is what I was going to say....but Ann said it better.

Almost 100% that it's a wrong number written, or 2 numbers transposed.

chefann said:

Thanks for expanding. I knew there was some method to the madness. After working in retail for a while I got to be familiar with similar sets of numbers over and over :)

What does it mean when my credit card is not recognized?

When your credit card is not recognized, it means that the merchant or company you are trying to make a purchase or transaction with is unable to process your credit card information. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as an incorrect card number, expiration date, or security code.

Why is my credit card not being accepted?

There are a few reasons why your credit card may not be accepted. The most common reason is that the card information entered is incorrect. Make sure you are entering the correct card number, expiration date, and security code. Your card may also not be accepted if it is expired or if you do not have enough funds available.

What should I do if my credit card is not recognized?

If your credit card is not recognized, the first thing you should do is double check that you have entered all of the information correctly. If you are still having issues, contact your credit card issuer to make sure there are no issues with your account. You may also want to try using a different credit card or payment method.

Is it safe to enter my credit card information if it is not being recognized?

If your credit card is not being recognized, it is important to make sure you are entering your information on a secure and trusted website. Look for the lock symbol in the browser bar and "https" in the URL to ensure that the website is secure. If you are still unsure, you can contact the company or merchant to confirm their security measures.

Can I still make a purchase if my credit card is not recognized?

If your credit card is not recognized, you may still be able to make a purchase using a different payment method. Some companies or merchants may offer alternative payment options such as PayPal, Apple Pay, or a different credit card. If you are unable to use a different payment method, you may need to contact your credit card issuer to resolve any issues with your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Bren706