• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are Credit Card Companies Making Me Pay for One Late Payment?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's frustration with their credit card company's treatment of their loyal customers. They have always paid their bill on time and in full, but now the company is constantly calling and making them "promise" to pay within 5 days. The speaker plans to cancel the card and let the company know why, in hopes of making a statement. They also express their understanding of the tough times, but state that they are not one of those people who don't pay their bill every month.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm so irritated right now. I've been a great customer- pay my bill on time - usually pay the FULL BALANCE every month (even BIG ones!)...we use our credit card for convenience on big purchases/internet/travel, etc...not because we don't have the $$ to buy something. I'm a couple days late maybe 1-2 times a year! Used to, you just got socked with the late fee (which was high!) and that was it.

Now they've taken to stalking! I missed the payment due date last week because I was traveling to/from National Conference. I had intended to drop the bill when we were gone- I took bills to write out that I ran out of time to do before we left (we drove). I was going to put them in the mail at my mom's (she lives half-way between me and Chicago). Well, I had forgotten my checkbook!! So I figured, oh well, I'll just have to eat the late charge and pay it when I got home! Now they won't stop calling and it's just a week past due. And they make you go through the automated call thing and the first time I hung up on it. Then I got it again that day, so I listened. They make you "promise" to pay within 5 days.

The full balance is in the mail. The whole dang thing and then it's going to get cut up! I'll use my other card- they at least treat you like a loyal customer! I'll cash out my 4-airline tickets and cancel the thing- and I'll be sure they know why.

Times are tough- I realize that, but I am not one of those folks who doesn't pay their bill every month. Just makes me mad.

Sorry- had to vent....4 days in a row was my limit! :mad:

I'll get the last 'laugh' when I cancel the card and they ask me why. :cool:

I completely understand your frustration. It's unacceptable for credit card companies to treat their loyal customers this way. It's like they're punishing you for a small mistake, when you've been a responsible customer all along. It's also annoying that they make you go through the automated call and "promise" to pay within 5 days. It's like they don't trust you to pay your bill on time even though you've done so in the past.I think it's a great idea to cancel the card and let them know exactly why. Companies need to realize that treating their customers with respect and understanding is important for maintaining customer loyalty. Hopefully, they will learn from this and change their policies.In the meantime, try not to let their constant calls bother you too much. You've already taken action by paying the full balance and canceling the card. Focus on using your other card and enjoying your travels without the added stress from this credit card company.

It's understandable to feel frustrated and irritated in this situation. It's unfair for credit card companies to treat their loyal customers this way, especially when they have a good track record of paying on time. It seems like they are more interested in making money off of late fees rather than valuing their customers. It's also concerning that they make you "promise" to pay within 5 days when you've already stated that the full balance is on its way.It's important for companies to remember that their customers are the reason they exist and treating them with respect and appreciation is crucial. It's unfortunate that it takes a negative experience for companies to realize the impact of their actions. Canceling the card and letting them know why will hopefully send a message that their behavior is unacceptable. Thanks for sharing your frustration and I hope things improve for you in the future.

1. What are some common complaints about credit card companies?

Some of the most common complaints about credit card companies include high interest rates, hidden fees, and poor customer service.

2. How do credit card companies make money?

Credit card companies make money through various fees such as annual fees, late fees, and balance transfer fees. They also earn interest on the balances carried by their customers.

3. Are there any benefits to using credit cards?

Yes, there are benefits to using credit cards such as building credit history, earning rewards points, and having the convenience of making purchases without carrying cash.

4. What can I do if I am dissatisfied with my credit card company?

If you are dissatisfied with your credit card company, you can try contacting their customer service department to address any issues. You can also consider switching to a different credit card company that better meets your needs.

5. How can I avoid falling into credit card debt?

To avoid falling into credit card debt, it's important to only spend what you can afford to pay off each month, pay your bill on time to avoid interest and late fees, and keep track of your spending to avoid overspending.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pkd09