• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Credit Card Authorizations for a Show Submission

In summary, a credit card authorization is a process where a merchant obtains approval from a credit card issuer to charge a customer's credit card for a purchase or transaction. This is done to ensure the customer has sufficient funds or credit available. The merchant sends a request for authorization to the issuer, who verifies the account and available credit and either approves or declines the transaction. This is necessary to protect both the merchant and customer from fraudulent or unauthorized charges. The length of time a credit card authorization holds funds varies and can be canceled if the transaction has not been completed.
Hunter Mom
I submitted a show tonight and it had several credit cards. They all went through when I authorized them, but now it's showing one as needing resolved. Sigh. Pretty sure I typed it in wrong as there is not much chance they'd be declined. Why do the authorization if they're not going to "stick"?

I know the HO is having trouble with the authorization process right now. Several of mine went through, then declined. Now waiting to hear if the new numbers cleared....one card was declined and when I called the customer, she said she had lost the card and had to put a hold on it. Yikes! :)

When you got the "Success" screen, there is some print in red that says that the authorization part is turned off so for now, we are back to the old plan. They are not actually authorized when you submit the show. I hope that makes sense.

What is a credit card authorization?

A credit card authorization is a process where a merchant obtains approval from a credit card issuer to charge a customer's credit card for a purchase or transaction. This is typically done to ensure that the customer has sufficient funds or credit available to cover the charge.

How does a credit card authorization work?

When a customer makes a purchase using a credit card, the merchant sends a request for authorization to the credit card issuer. The issuer then verifies the customer's account and available credit, and either approves or declines the transaction. If approved, the issuer will reserve the necessary funds for the transaction to be completed.

Why is a credit card authorization necessary?

A credit card authorization is necessary to protect both the merchant and the customer from fraudulent or unauthorized charges. It ensures that the customer has the funds or credit available to cover the purchase, and also provides proof of authorization in case of a dispute.

How long does a credit card authorization hold funds?

The length of time that a credit card authorization holds funds varies depending on the credit card issuer and the type of transaction. Typically, the hold will last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, but in some cases, it may last up to 30 days.

Can a credit card authorization be canceled?

In most cases, a credit card authorization can be canceled by the merchant or the credit card issuer. If the transaction has not been completed, the hold on the funds will be released and the customer's available credit will be restored. However, if the transaction has already been completed, the authorization cannot be canceled and the customer will need to request a refund for the charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsolnick