• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Credit Card Authorization for Show Submissions

In summary, a credit card authorization is a security measure that verifies the validity and available credit balance of a credit card before a transaction is completed. It involves the merchant sending a request to the credit card issuer and receiving an authorization code in return. The length of time a credit card authorization holds funds varies, and it can be declined for various reasons. It is not the same as a charge, as an authorization is a temporary hold on funds while a charge is a completed transaction.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Just submitted my first show using the new credit card authorization part. It was really cool and nice to know that nothing will be declined afterwards. Not a good thing if you are submitting late and night and need it to reach an incentive but nice to know I don't have to follow up with people afterwards.

wadesgirl said:
Just submitted my first show using the new credit card authorization part. It was really cool and nice to know that nothing will be declined afterwards. Not a good thing if you are submitting late and night and need it to reach an incentive but nice to know I don't have to follow up with people afterwards.

Hopefully we can all retrain ourselves to submit earlier. Personally I rarely close shows on the last day of the month (had 2 in August though) and never late in the evening. If you close before 8pm you can still make the calls - and pray they're home to resolve. Set deadlines to the 13th and 28th. Any show after that isn't considered in the incentive/month. Then if they get in it's a bonus.

Thanks for the new feature.Just submitted a show and I LOVE the new credit card authorization process. It's so much easier than having to try to make sure I'm not using a card that has been declined in the past. This is such a great improvement, thank you!

What is a credit card authorization?

A credit card authorization is a process of verifying the validity and available credit balance of a credit card before a transaction is completed. It is a security measure to protect both the customer and the merchant from potential fraud.

How does a credit card authorization work?

When a customer makes a purchase using a credit card, the merchant sends a request to the credit card issuer to verify the card's validity and available credit balance. The issuer then sends back an authorization code, which confirms that the transaction can proceed.

How long does a credit card authorization hold funds?

The length of time a credit card authorization holds funds varies depending on the card issuer and the merchant's processing time. Typically, the hold can last anywhere from a few days to a week, but it can also be released sooner if the transaction is completed or canceled.

Can a credit card authorization be declined?

Yes, a credit card authorization can be declined for various reasons, such as insufficient funds, suspected fraud, or exceeding the credit limit. In some cases, the card issuer may also decline the authorization if the customer's account is on hold or has been closed.

Is a credit card authorization the same as a charge?

No, a credit card authorization is not the same as a charge. An authorization is a temporary hold on the available credit balance, while a charge is a completed transaction that will show up on the customer's credit card statement. If the authorization is not followed by a charge within a certain timeframe, it will expire, and the hold on funds will be released.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • ksmedic
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedChefLayla