• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Newsletter: Looking for Template Ideas

In summary, the conversation was about starting a newsletter for a team and exchanging ideas and templates for it. Different members shared their experiences and suggestions, including using Constant Contact for mailing, including various topics such as introductions, welcome messages, and sales achievements in the newsletter, and getting inspiration from other newsletters. Some members also mentioned not having experience with cluster newsletters or having limited content provided by their upline.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I want to start doing a newsletter for my team. I'm not a director yet, so I don't have access to the handy templates that are out there on the director's loops. Does anyone have one that they'd be willing to share with me? You can either post it here or email it to me at [email protected] thanks so much!

I use Constant Contact for my customer and team newsletters (LOVE having multiple lists!). Here's the one I sent out this week. Mine vary slightly by week, but are pretty consistent. I change them up mostly to even out the 2 columns, and to move things so people notice them (when it's in the same place every week, people get used to seeing it there and it stops registering).

Attachments

• Team Update Apr14.pdf
    70 KB · Views: 465
Thanks Ann, that looks good.

Anyone else? I want several ideas.

I should probably add a disclaimer that I have no experience with a cluster newsletter, as my Director doesn't send one. My team are all very part-time and I'm never sure what communications from HO they've seen. That's why my newsletters tend to be reminders about deadlines and programs from HO. I also haven't put in any recognition because the one month I did, I was the only person who sold anything and it looked like I was bragging. :rolleyes:

I was talking to my SED the other day and she recommended that I start doing one. Topics she said I should include are:

Introductions - since my team is so spread out, most of them have never met
Welcome to new members
Celebrate Accomplishments - # of shows, High Shows, High Monthly Total
Note from me
Current & Upcoming specials, incentives

hmmm... now that you mention it, none of my upline do a newsletter. Unless there's one that just doesn't get passed down through the email chain. Colleen (finley1991) has a nice email she sends to her team. She also uses Constant Contact, and the very first thing on each one (weekly) is the person who was highest in sales the prior week.

chefann said:
hmmm... now that you mention it, none of my upline do a newsletter. Unless there's one that just doesn't get passed down through the email chain.

Colleen (finley1991) has a nice email she sends to her team. She also uses Constant Contact, and the very first thing on each one (weekly) is the person who was highest in sales the prior week.
My Director has only done 3 team newsletters in the 2 1/2 yrs I've been with PC. My SED has started copying me on hers for past 6 months. Hers is great, but way more than what I need - since she's an SED it's got lots and lots of stats on it.

My director uses something called Monday Motivation. It is great and is done by Erica Soelberg. You can email her and ask for a copy at [email protected]

She also does a monthly newsletter that I really like and so do my customers. HTH. :chef:

Wow Ann, I am so impressed with your newsletter. I wish my group did something like this. Good for being a new consultant and I am sure it would be beneficial even when I am more seasoned!

It is also great for ideas for if/when I become a future director.

Thanks everyone!

bumping....

What is constant contact?

Does anyone else have a template we can look at? Thanks.

Constant Contact is an email newsletter mailing service. They have agreements with most ISP's (Internet service providers) so that mail sent through them isn't flagged as spam. They have tracking available, and some other handy features. What they don't do, though, is provide content for the emails, just templates.

chefann said:
Constant Contact is an email newsletter mailing service. They have agreements with most ISP's (Internet service providers) so that mail sent through them isn't flagged as spam. They have tracking available, and some other handy features. What they don't do, though, is provide content for the emails, just templates.

Ah.. thanks! I did google it and think I found it! I'm not much of a writer and I'm definitely not creative, so I'm not sure what or if I'm going to do it. I'm not a director, but thought I could start sending at least some stats out to my team for encouragement and for competition for those that are into that!

Are you a director? If so, does PC give you information you can plug into your Newsletters?

My director sends them out on Mondays, I will forward hers to you next week if you're still looking for ideas!

pamperedlinda said:
I was talking to my SED the other day and she recommended that I start doing one. Topics she said I should include are:

Introductions - since my team is so spread out, most of them have never met
Welcome to new members
Celebrate Accomplishments - # of shows, High Shows, High Monthly Total
Note from me
Current & Upcoming specials, incentives

My Director sends out a "Monday Morning Minutes" and hers included the items your SED has suggested to you. Each week we get a challenge, and for each challenge we complete, we get to pick some type of incentive at the Business meeting each month. The incentives are things like postcards, PC buttons, stickers, recipe cards, etc.

pamperedlinda said:
I want to start doing a newsletter for my team. I'm not a director yet, so I don't have access to the handy templates that are out there on the director's loops. Does anyone have one that they'd be willing to share with me? You can either post it here or email it to me at [email protected] thanks so much!

I just forwarded you my directors Monday newsletter. Hope it gives you some more ideas!

rayday said:
I just forwarded you my directors Monday newsletter. Hope it gives you some more ideas!

Could you forward it to me too? My email is [email protected]

thanks
JoLynn

I just did mine in Publisher & I think it came out nicely. I'll probably do a big one each month, then a smaller weekly one. Not sure about that yet.

1. How do I choose a template for my newsletter?

There are a few things to consider when choosing a template for your newsletter. First, think about the overall look and feel you want to convey. Do you want something modern and sleek, or more traditional and classic? Next, consider the content you will be including in your newsletter and make sure the template has the necessary sections and layout to accommodate it. Finally, think about the level of customization you want - some templates allow for more flexibility and personalization than others.

2. Are there any templates specifically designed for businesses or organizations?

Yes, there are many templates designed specifically for businesses and organizations. These templates often include sections for news and updates, promotions, and contact information. Some may even have features like social media integration or the ability to add a call-to-action button.

3. Can I customize the colors and fonts of the template?

Most templates allow for some level of customization, such as choosing a color scheme or font style. However, the extent of customization may vary depending on the template you choose. Some may only allow you to choose from pre-set options, while others may allow you to fully customize the colors and fonts to match your branding.

4. How do I add my own images to the template?

Most templates have designated image placeholders where you can easily insert your own images. Simply click on the placeholder and upload the desired image from your computer. Some templates may also have the option to edit the size and placement of the image within the template.

5. Can I save my customized template for future use?

Yes, many platforms allow you to save your customized template for future use. This can be helpful if you have a consistent layout and design for your newsletter. You can also save multiple versions of a template if you want to have different options to choose from for different newsletters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • crystalscookingnow